Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Wed May 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

I understand a Hearts defender was in Cardiff today for a medical before a move to City.

Not sure on the name, but around 23yrs old.

Re: Hearts Defender On Way To City?

Wed May 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Surely Callum Paterson, he was not in tonight's match day squad against St Johnstone !!

Wed May 17, 2017 9:55 pm

Not doubting you in any way mate but how did you come across this bit of info?

Wed May 17, 2017 10:03 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Not doubting you in any way mate but how did you come across this bit of info?

Doesn't really really matter what I say as some will have a pop either way, but I understand he's a Scottish capped player too which would link with the previous post about Paterson.

No reason for me to make it up.

Wed May 17, 2017 10:18 pm

pauly_gee wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Not doubting you in any way mate but how did you come across this bit of info?

Doesn't really really matter what I say as some will have a pop either way, but I understand he's a Scottish capped player too which would link with the previous post about Paterson.

Nobody is accusing you of making it up. He's just asking you how you know. It's a perfectly normal thing to ask.

Wed May 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Thats exactly what I asked and I also added that I wasn't doubting your info, just how you came about it.

Wed May 17, 2017 10:40 pm

Paterson hasn't played for the Jambos since December
A very bad injury.

The man has not recovered but one hell of a prospect before the injury.

A medical may be too soon? Unless we are going for the gamble. He should cost around £400,000 end of contract and not the millions that Hearts would have expected in Jan, before the injury he has just before Jan

Thu May 18, 2017 12:24 pm

nubbsy wrote:
pauly_gee wrote:

Nobody is accusing you of making it up. He's just asking you how you know. It's a perfectly normal thing to ask.

He puts info out then gets touchy as soon as someone asks a perfectly reasonable question. :lol:

Just a tip fella, if you put out vague info you're going to get asked questions, don't get all defensive mun. :lol:

Fri May 19, 2017 7:35 am

pauly_gee wrote:I understand a Hearts defender was in Cardiff today for a medical before a move to City.

Pauly, I was just text this

He's just signed the right back from Hearts

Fri May 19, 2017 9:31 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pauly_gee wrote:I understand a Hearts defender was in Cardiff today for a medical before a move to City.

Hi Annis was told this a few weeks back NW type of player if he has signed and gives us half of what Kevin M has be super signing.

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Fri May 19, 2017 10:01 am

He's currently recovering from a cruciate injury in December, which is why his move to West Ham fell through in January. Due back early next season.

Would be a good signing, and one we would have beat the likes of Derby to.

Fri May 19, 2017 10:15 am

believe it when i see it, i dont see why we are going for a rb we got two and connelly can fill in there

Fri May 19, 2017 10:20 am

Reza wrote:believe it when i see it, i dont see why we are going for a rb we got two and connelly can fill in there

He can play right across the back four!

Fri May 19, 2017 10:28 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Reza wrote:believe it when i see it, i dont see why we are going for a rb we got two and connelly can fill in there

his versatility is good but again do we not have that in connelly and peltier? ive read he is a good cb too so maybe a three at the back ?

Fri May 19, 2017 10:43 am

Reza wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

his versatility is good but again do we not have that in connelly and peltier? ive read he is a good cb too so maybe a three at the back ?
manga and\or morrison to move on is what it sounds like 2 me :thumbup:

Fri May 19, 2017 11:12 am

Reza wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Lots of permutations I guess!

If Manga goes? Both Peltier/Connolly not blessed with pace this fella is apparently.

Will take him a season to settle in Championship but won't cost us much to take a chance on him.

Fri May 19, 2017 11:17 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hi Annis was told this a few weeks back NW type of player if he has signed and gives us half of what Kevin M has be super signing.

Karl, a deal has def been done with a player this week and it will be announced on or around 1st June, I was told it was a Hearts player?

Fri May 19, 2017 12:28 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:
Reza wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

manga is def going ithink we will keep morrison, and i think he will remain captain,warnock likes him and tbh i think he gets a bit of a rough ride from city fans just cos hes not the quickest

Fri May 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Reza wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
Reza wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

manga is def going ithink we will keep morrison, and i think he will remain captain,warnock likes him and tbh i think he gets a bit of a rough ride from city fans just cos hes not the quickest

Yeah if manga goes it makes sense. Morrison isn't going anywhere unless someone makes a decent bid.

Fri May 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Rumours are rife with Callum Paterson joining us having agreed terms to be unveilled next month.

Happy days :bluescarf:

Fri May 19, 2017 8:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Yep, all was agreed earlier this week. Medical was done at Spire and terms nailed down. Just a matter of time for the announcement by all accounts

Fri May 19, 2017 8:40 pm

pauly_gee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yep, all was agreed earlier this week. Medical was done at Spire and terms nailed down. Just a matter of time for the announcement by all accounts

Hes highly rated hope he does sign

Fri May 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Jazz richards is much better, this paterson just hoofs it up field at every opportunity.

Fri May 19, 2017 9:56 pm

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/05/1 ... g-surgeon/

Fri May 19, 2017 10:58 pm

pauly_gee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I have heard virtually similar :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Fri May 19, 2017 11:21 pm

Einstein wrote:http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/05/17/injured-scotland-hearts-star-callum-paterson-ready-step-recovery-positive-meeting-surgeon/

Lets hope we aint buying a crook

Sat May 20, 2017 10:11 am

Dahboy wrote:Jazz richards is much better, this paterson just hoofs it up field at every opportunity.

That's Scottish Football mate, he's a solid versatile player and more than capable of adapting to NWs style of playing.

Sat May 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Jock wrote:
Dahboy wrote:Jazz richards is much better, this paterson just hoofs it up field at every opportunity.

That's Scottish Football mate, he's a solid versatile player and more than capable of adapting to NWs style of playing.

He's only 22 as well so I imagine he'll only be a back up option, by the sounds of it he's quite versatile too which warnock likes :ayatollah:

Sat May 20, 2017 5:00 pm

Sounds like West Ham were on the verge of signing him before he got injured so can't see him wanting to being a back up player.

Sat May 20, 2017 5:05 pm

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:Sounds like West Ham were on the verge of signing him before he got injured so can't see him wanting to being a back up player.

Can't see him coming to Cardiff to sit on the bench.
Post a reply