Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Am I right in saying this !!

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:38 pm

You have to be 18 to drink in a pub but if you have a meal you can have a drink under supervision at 13 or so. Not sure ages tho.

Re: Am I right in saying this !!

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:45 pm

I'm unsure, I thought it was 15. But the law states you can drink a glass of Perry, Mead or Wine with a meal.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:49 pm

I think its one for Cheggers Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Yes , you are right, that is the law but of course the license holder can serve who they like. It is not mead tho lol .

Beer, lager, cider, wine.
Last edited by ridofrid on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:51 pm

ridofrid wrote:Yes , you are right, that is the law but of course the license holder can serve who they like.

From what age Chief ?

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:54 pm

The law is complex. It is illegal to give alcohol to children under five, but after the age of five children can drink alcohol at home with adult supervision. Under the Licencing Act (2003) children aged under 16 may now enter any part of a licensed premises as long as they are accompanied by an adult, but they cannot drink alcohol. Young people aged 16 and 17 may consume some types of alcohol – namely beer, cider and wine - as long as it is with a meal, and they are accompanied by an adult, except in Scotland where they can be unaccompanied but are restricted to areas used only for meals. It is illegal for anyone under 18 to buy alcohol at the bar of a pub, or from any other outlet selling alcohol. For more information you can visit this site. http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... G_10026210

Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:05 pm

16 yrs old

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:21 pm

sack wrote:The law is complex. It is illegal to give alcohol to children under five, but after the age of five children can drink alcohol at home with adult supervision. Under the Licencing Act (2003) children aged under 16 may now enter any part of a licensed premises as long as they are accompanied by an adult, but they cannot drink alcohol. Young people aged 16 and 17 may consume some types of alcohol – namely beer, cider and wine - as long as it is with a meal, and they are accompanied by an adult, except in Scotland where they can be unaccompanied but are restricted to areas used only for meals. It is illegal for anyone under 18 to buy alcohol at the bar of a pub, or from any other outlet selling alcohol. For more information you can visit this site. http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... G_10026210

Thanks for that Chief. I got that wrong then better not let my Nipper have a drink with his meal again then :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:29 am

Nuclearblue wrote:I think its one for Cheggers Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

no good asking cheggers he from merthyr were the drinking age is 6 months :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:48 pm

a horse with no name wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I think its one for Cheggers Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

no good asking cheggers he from merthyr were the drinking age is 6 months :ayatollah:

I will have to take my boy to the Brunswick then Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: