Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEWS UPDATE OF CCFC

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:05 pm

As previously mentioned on here today, the wages were paid on time and by the Malaysians again. :ayatollah:

The tax bill is the next hurdle the Malaysians are trying to clear and again by themselves, I know that they are working hard to get this embargo lifted and I believe as I have always said that it will be lifted but not until the we are well into August at least.

Very good news is that TG is here to stay and wont be packing his bags anytime soon, so much so that the Malaysians are actively seeking a business partner/investor to run the club with them. I have learned that there are at least 3 potential investors interested in getting involved with our club. We all know that Sam is one but there are also 2 from the Far East, if the Malaysians dont get their business partner/s then player sales would be the next option to help pay the club's debts :ayatollah:

The club has received the money from the Kennedy deal, it's not a great amount but it helps the club in the short term by being able to use the 20 man ruling. I believe also that Miguel Comminges has not yet been registered with the football league as one of our players and will not be until the embargo is lifted, which enables us to play Drinkwater and possibly bring another loan signing in.

With regards to the Nottingham Forest's offer for Whittingham, I am told that the club did not turn the offer down but they did turn down the payment schedule that Forest were offering, City are looking for all or the majority of the deal paid up front and not split into payments.

This Monday sees the club shop selling the new kit, just in time for the season. :ayatollah:

Ticket sales so far for Saturday is 1900 and the club are expecting a crowd of around 5,000.

Finally I hope the Malaysians get the help they deserve as they cannot expect to do all this by themselves, they have saved this club from dying and know they need help to lift it off it's knees.

Re: NEWS UPDATE OF CCFC

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:08 pm

thanks Carl and very informative as always , and Id take the Whittingham money now coz its obvious he's going and Im sure Forest will stump up the cash !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Any idea who the potential partners are? apart from scam obviously

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Good news Carl,

Hopefully we are over the rough and now into the smooth. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:16 pm

ccfclover wrote:Any idea who the potential partners are? apart from scam obviously

No just that there are interested parties from the Far East, I believe that Daya has already stated something similar.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks Carl,..........(I had a tenner on you posting at 21.35pm :( ) :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:27 pm

good news but i still think whittingham is worth more than 1.5 mil regardless how its paid

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Cheers Carl, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:43 pm

Shocking sales for saturday, I never thought the choice of team was very good but still 1900 is very poor.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:43 pm

cheers Carl, shame Borley has made this a night to forget

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:46 pm

carlccfc wrote:As previously mentioned on here today, the wages were paid on time and by the Malaysians again. :ayatollah:

The tax bill is the next hurdle the Malaysians are trying to clear and again by themselves, I know that they are working hard to get this embargo lifted and I believe as I have always said that it will be lifted but not until the we are well into August at least.

Very good news is that TG is here to stay and wont be packing his bags anytime soon, so much so that the Malaysians are actively seeking a business partner/investor to run the club with them. I have learned that there are at least 3 potential investors interested in getting involved with our club. We all know that Sam is one but there are also 2 from the Far East, if the Malaysians dont get their business partner/s then player sales would be the next option to help pay the club's debts :ayatollah:

The club has received the money from the Kennedy deal, it's not a great amount but it helps the club in the short term by being able to use the 20 man ruling. I believe also that Miguel Comminges has not yet been registered with the football league as one of our players and will not be until the embargo is lifted, which enables us to play Drinkwater and possibly bring another loan signing in.

With regards to the Nottingham Forest's offer for Whittingham, I am told that the club did not turn the offer down but they did turn down the payment schedule that Forest were offering, City are looking for all or the majority of the deal paid up front and not split into payments.

This Monday sees the club shop selling the new kit, just in time for the season. :ayatollah:

Ticket sales so far for Saturday is 1900 and the club are expecting a crowd of around 5,000.

Finally I hope the Malaysians get the help they deserve as they cannot expect to do all this by themselves, they have saved this club from dying and know they need help to lift it off it's knees.

FAO Steve Borley this is how its done.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:54 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Shocking sales for saturday, I never thought the choice of team was very good but still 1900 is very poor.

I never expected anything less. No feel good factor for the new season, in fact, i will say this is the worst pre-season start our club has had for ten years. I'm sure there are some people very close to our club who would like the football side of things to go back to the stone age! :old:

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Shocking sales for saturday, I never thought the choice of team was very good but still 1900 is very poor.

Its not that poor when you consider the first 2 opening games at the CCS (CCFC Legends and Chasetown) also only attracting 5000.

I remember thinking at the time first game in the new stadium best get my ticket early :lol:

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:06 pm

hi guys,

the post sounds like reasonably good news carl i have a question for all viewers though.

I was told the initial £6m approved malaysian investment was secured against the clubs assets??
is this true??

if so this means that even if the club goes into admin or wound up totally(PLEASE NO!!!) the malaysians would be very high in the queue to get all their money back as secured debts are always paid first, very wise move by the malaysians(businessmen indeed not stupid at all). so to them they would rather stay afloat but if the rest of the board don't start coughing up they can ineffect cut their losses say £2m not secured and still come out ok, sam hammann would be the biggest loser were we to be liquidated as his £15m langston loan notesd are unsecured debts and if wound up or administered hes likely to get a mere 10p in a pound or nothing at all if a deal isn't brokered.
so although the malaysians want to save the club it could if the £6m is secured be a bad thing for us as if they have a gutsful of the rest of the board not helping out they could just walk,,,,,,we'd be in a right mess then wouldn't we as far as i'm aware they virtually saved us from adminsistration 2 months ago!!
let me know if it is secured guys
thanks
smakerz

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:08 pm

is that also why hamanns arse is wobbling and hes trying to be a part investor to stop himself losing the full £24 owed???

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:21 pm

carlccfc wrote:As previously mentioned on here today, the wages were paid on time and by the Malaysians again. :ayatollah:

Cheers Carl for the Honest update on Our Club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:30 pm

Sorry, bit late I know.

What part of Carls "update" is new news?

And which parts are just pure conjecture on his part?

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Sorry, bit late I know.

What part of Carls "update" is new news?

And which parts are just pure conjecture on his part?

Surely, Claude,since the tone of your post indicates you believe none is new news, and all is pure conjecture, you could educate everybody to that extent with your own in depth knowledge?

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Go to bed Claude and sleep off the booze OK.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:42 pm

Night night!!!! :D

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:51 pm

Marc wrote:Thanks Carl,..........(I had a tenner on you posting at 21.35pm :( ) :lol: :lol:

i was 5 mins out.
he stayed up past his bedtime again, naughty boy :lol:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:34 am

Would we really take 1.5m for Whitts, where else would you get 25 goals from midfield, never mind a striker

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:47 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:hi guys,

the post sounds like reasonably good news carl i have a question for all viewers though.

I was told the initial £6m approved malaysian investment was secured against the clubs assets??
is this true??

if so this means that even if the club goes into admin or wound up totally(PLEASE NO!!!) the malaysians would be very high in the queue to get all their money back as secured debts are always paid first, very wise move by the malaysians(businessmen indeed not stupid at all). so to them they would rather stay afloat but if the rest of the board don't start coughing up they can ineffect cut their losses say £2m not secured and still come out ok, sam hammann would be the biggest loser were we to be liquidated as his £15m langston loan notesd are unsecured debts and if wound up or administered hes likely to get a mere 10p in a pound or nothing at all if a deal isn't brokered.
so although the malaysians want to save the club it could if the £6m is secured be a bad thing for us as if they have a gutsful of the rest of the board not helping out they could just walk,,,,,,we'd be in a right mess then wouldn't we as far as i'm aware they virtually saved us from adminsistration 2 months ago!!
thanks
smakerz

£6m of the investment from Vincent Tan/TG is in shares , so is not secured at all. Indeed , if the club were to go into Administration , they would rank behind all other creditors in the queue for payment.

Keith

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:57 am

Cee Jay wrote:Would we really take 1.5m for Whitts, where else would you get 25 goals from midfield, never mind a striker

Duh, out of contract next summer.

Value a massive big fat ZERO.

Do you honestly believe he'll get 25 goals next season? What was his season highest prior to that? 9?

1.5m cash all up front against nothing.

Not a difficult choice, especially when cash strapped.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:25 pm

since62 wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:hi guys,

is this true??

thanks
smakerz

£6m of the investment from Vincent Tan/TG is in shares , so is not secured at all. Indeed , if the club were to go into Administration , they would rank behind all other creditors in the queue for payment.

Keith

That, and the fact that they've just paid the wages yet again has convinced me the Malaysians are in
it for the long haul. There are obviously certain people not pulling their weight at the club, and TG now
knows who they are. I honestly believe Cardiff City WILL become a successful club under their ownership
but they will not carry passengers on the board.

I'd like to see where we will be in 10 years, and where PMG and the 'golden' egg-shaped ball is in Cardiff!!!

I know who I'm putting my money on now!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Onwards and Upwards - I really believe it!

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Its not that poor when you consider the first 2 opening games at the CCS (CCFC Legends and Chasetown) also only attracting 5000.

Yeah but last season we had a few home games so people couldnt afford to go to them all.

This is a high quality of opposition and our only game, selling 1900 is way under half the 5000 you mentioned. Its very poor.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Yeah but last season we had a few home games so people couldnt afford to go to them all.

This is a high quality of opposition and our only game, selling 1900 is way under half the 5000 you mentioned. Its very poor.

Agreed. What message for our new owners who've put in £8m to the club and promised more already...

Welcome to Cardiff Vincent Tan.

Sorry I can't be arsed to go to the game Saturday..

(Not me personally- I'm going)

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:23 am

I think that all this news is positive and has put me in a good mood for the day. I haven't read others comments on this, so I can only speak for myself by saying I feel really cheered up now. I wouldn't like to see Whitts go, but if we have a good offer for him, then I think we should

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:26 am

Nottage Blue wrote:I think that all this news is positive and has put me in a good mood for the day. I haven't read others comments on this, so I can only speak for myself by saying I feel really cheered up now. I wouldn't like to see Whitts go, but if we have a good offer for him, then I think we should

I agree and am glad to see CCFC holding out for the cash too , all or nothing ! Then we can spend on players .

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:58 pm

ANOTHER GREAT POST Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: