Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Shattered Dreams

Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:39 am

Annis has Sam read the book, if so what did he honestly think about the words of the contibuters?

I have stated in another post that i was firmly pro sam before reading it, now i am 50/50 and confused.

i know you have said that you,carl and others have seen the evidence ( i haven't/won't ask carl the details ) but when do you think the rest of us will be able to see it?

love him or hate him sam woke the giant but paid the price, as we all have.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Shattered Dreams

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:18 am

jamccfc wrote:Annis has Sam read the book, if so what did he honestly think about the words of the contibuters?

I have stated in another post that i was firmly pro sam before reading it, now i am 50/50 and confused.

i know you have said that you,carl and others have seen the evidence ( i haven't/won't ask carl the details ) but when do you think the rest of us will be able to see it?

Jam, All I can say is that even though I am Pro Sam, I Believe I wrote that book like a Neutral would and have written the Good/Bad and Ugly side of Sam in it with Warts and All. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:
jamccfc wrote:Annis has Sam read the book, if so what did he honestly think about the words of the contibuters?

Jam, All I can say is that even though I am Pro Sam, I Believe I wrote that book like a Neutral would and have written the Good/Bad and Ugly side of Sam in it with Warts and All. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis says it as it is like he always does the trouble Ive got now is my mind is firmly stuck in the middle coz Ive heared and listened to differing views on Sam , and although he can never be compared to be as bad as the Riddler many fans will always hate him . I was told he said when leaving CCFC " the debt leaves with me " BUT this Langston nonsense started up plus his outburst on Black Friday where he threatened the fans " dont f**k with me " basically threatening to close down CCFC . But at the end of the day any future investment is down to TG and we must all respect that :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:44 am

Half way through re-reading it ironic time to really :lol:

Excellent anyhow :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:11 am

A good read with a few sides of the story told.

My personal opinion is that Sam was in it for the right reasons initially, but lost control. Did he lose it himself? Or did the others lose it for him? I don't know. Yes he got carried away with the spending etc and nearly collapsed us, but who are langstones? why is he having so much say in the curent debt to them? That is what I dont understand? Was he loaning against himself/family members etc.

His dream was being established in front of his eyes, biger than Barca? - never - but no need to stop trying. The Academy and Stadium were if I'm not mistaken two of his legacies. He just didn't have the political nouse (sp) to see it through, or others didnt want him to see it through. Instead let some local eggchasers seal the deal.

I cannot understand how he let the Riddler in to steal it all from him. PR was brought in as a consultant, by who? SH or PMG? What ever happened he robbed our club, not Sam.

Yes Sam had many failings, but his overall positives far outway them. If he can be brought back, with a tight reign I would welcome him. But I'm not sure he likes reins let alone a collar.

All I know is that PMG and their likes are in it for the money and egg (which none of the egg fans want anyway)!