Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FOREVER REALIST

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:09 pm

Firstly I was shocked by last nights events and even more so by the person delivering the verbal attack. I find it extrodinary that a director of our football club who has seen all the shit that has gone on and was part of a board of directors who lied to its fans in order to get us to part with money has the audacity to come on a public messageboard and critiscise one supporter who in his opinion has been negative.

I for one am negative, Annis may be negative and I believe there are thousands who are feeling pretty shit about the goings on at the club in recent times.

We have had Ridsdale taking bonuses whilst we the fans are forking out money and the club are not paying its debts.

We have been left with a mountain of debt of over £40million by the previous regime.

We are under a transfer embargo.

We have not paid Sunderland, Charlton or Motherwell.

We have a CEO with no background in football and is upsetting other directors.

We are not signing any players.

We have a club shop with very little stock.

We have players speaking out.

High Court case after High Court case and its still happening.

This is just some of the crap that has made this club a laughing stock for months, if anyone can feel good about that lot then I'll take my hat off to them, we the fans put in our bit when needed and when we dare say anything that is not complimentry, certain directors at the club get annoyed, well join the club now you may understand how pissed off we feel about it.

This forum arranged for a welcome party for the Malaysians the day after their investment was finalised, I will continue to support TG andthe Malaysians as will Annis too and we feel positive for the future whilst they remain committed but if they decided to walk away then I would feel very uneasy for our future if it was left to the rest of the board.

I would strongly advise for directors of this club to take the lead of TG and remain professional and steadfast in their roles and realise how priviliged they are to be working for Cardiff City Football Club, you want the job and you take the benefits then you must be prepared to take the flak when it is rightly so.

There is positive news ahead and I will speak of it in another post, just for the fairness of balance because I dont want to be accused of being a doom and gloom merchant.

Re: FOREVER REALIST

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:14 pm

great post carl, we are negative because the club is in a f*cking mess,
we all need a boost now as season is fast approaching, lets just hope it comes :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Totally agree.
I was amazed last night at the outburst.

milly44 wrote:great post carl, we are negative because the club is in a f*cking mess, not because the messageboard moans.
we all need a boost now as season is fast approaching, lets just hope it comes :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Milly I am sure it will get better with time :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:18 pm

yeah ! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:18 pm

we are JUSTthe mugs who continue to spend their very limited cash to support the club we love.
We have not made money on the back of our involvement with the club.
How many business' have been paid for their work at CCS?
How many have seen the value of their business rocket through work done at CCS?
These are the questions the media should be asking.
Those in control have made a tidy sum, nobody else.
Yet we are not aloud to criticise.
Sorry Steve but i will.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:19 pm

well said they should have more respect for the loyal supporters

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Totally agree.

I wonder why a stone cold sober director of the club would come on here and make that statement, and then try and laugh it off :?:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:23 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:

I wonder why a stone cold sober director of the club would come on here and make that statement, and then try and laugh it off :?:

Only he will know

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Is Carl drunk too :lol:
Agree with what you say though mate

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:25 pm

carlccfc wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:

Only he will know

I would imagine he was sick of some people on here sniping at him?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Is Carl drunk too :lol:
Agree with what you say though mate

I am a sober man Kipper :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:28 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:I wonder why a stone cold sober director of the club would come on here and make that statement, and then try and laugh it off :?:

Only he will know

I would imagine he was sick of some people on here sniping at him?

Well he came an verbally attacked Annis, I have not seen any sniping by Annis towards him, have you ?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:30 pm

it's true thougH why would he make a statement in the first place and then say only joking ? FOOL !!

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:32 pm

Great post Carl spot on mate. None of us want to be negative but we are in a right mess and it would be delusional to pretend otherwise and you and Annis are only reporting what is ACTUALLY happening.

As for the personal attack on Annis it was quite frankly shocking for a professional man who runs his own successful company and who is a director of our football club to come onto a public message board and make such a poisonous attack.

Being a director brings with it responsibilities and those responsibilities are firstly to the shareholders and then to the supporters, not his own pride which cannot take a few home truths.

Mr Borley my advice for what its worth is you must start listening to the likes of Carl and Annis so can begin to connect again with the grassroots which you seem hopelessly out of touch with, rather than tagging along with those robbing asset stripping bastards PMG

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:34 pm

Is the pressure getting to SB or are we close to finding out what hold PR had over the board that allowed him to basically f**k our club up?
Maybe the malasians have uncovered the truth of the matter and he knows that it is just a matter of time before we all know.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:35 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Well he came an verbally attacked Annis, I have not seen any sniping by Annis towards him, have you ?

Well I put a link up to a post Annis had made about Borley last night but the thread that I linked to has ( conveniently I guess) now been deleted.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18511#p178697

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:36 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Well I put a link up to a post Annis had made about Borley last night but the thread that I linked to has ( conveniently I guess) now been deleted.

When is the link from and what was it about ? I cant access it.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:37 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Great post Carl spot on mate. None of us want to be negative but we are in a right mess and it would be delusional to pretend otherwise and you and Annis are only reporting what is ACTUALLY happening.

As for the personal attack on Annis it was quite frankly shocking for a professional man who runs his own successful company and who is a director of our football club to come onto a public message board and make such a poisonous attack.

Being a director brings with it responsibilities and those responsibilities are firstly to the shareholders and then to the supporters, not his own pride which cannot take a few home truths.

Mr Borley my advice for what its worth is you must start listening to the likes of Carl and Annis so can begin to connect again with the grassroots which you seem hopelessly out of touch with, rather than tagging along with those robbing asset stripping bastards PMG

Have to say, I was totally shocked that he said what he did, totally unprofessional, I've never had him down as the saint that many seem to do although fully respect what he has done for the club, something triggered it.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:38 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

When is the link from and what was it about ? I cant access it.

The thread where Annis made the comment has been deleted as I said. It was from early this week or late last week I'm not sure. Where he stated that the fans should turn on the whole of the rest of the board, including Borley.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Very well said Carl.

You summed it up nicely there. I'm quite comfortable as we have the Malaysians on board and I am confident they are in for the long haul. Unfortunately I lose a bit of that comfort when I think of the other board members and last nights entrance by Steve Borley did not help.

Why is it I get the feeling that the board members last season have let us down terrible. I keep envisaging Ridsdale face when he gave the press announcement after the ST scam. Those words "I'm here to eat humble pie" will always haunt me because that was the moment the evidence hit me that the directors were in it for themselves. I always felt they were but going from feeling it to knowing it is what you remember. The expression on Ridsdale face was he did not give a shit. Now he is gone I hope the Malaysians can rid of the rest of them. Not too sure if I want Borley to stay after last night.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:42 pm

Carl,

Like you I was shocked at the outburst from SB who I have always respected and felt he was the only director that I trusted ( other than the Malaysians ).
What also surprised me was that so many on here responded the way they did and played into his hands.
I was glad the thread was taken down as to be quite honest it did no one any favours. We have always been the forum that comes up with positive suggestions and debate even in negative times, I hope we can learn lessons from the debacle last night.I am sure that if TG and VT saw that last night they would be shocked that directors of the club took this childish action to deliberately annoy and wind up supporters of the club.

LET'S HOPE WE WILL NOT SEE SUCH BEHAVIOUR AGAIN.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:43 pm

I agree baked, they must have known and if they didnt you have to question why they didnt.

I dont however believe DJ knew about it and fully believe he expected that money for players.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:44 pm

jamccfc wrote:Is the pressure getting to SB or are we close to finding out what hold PR had over the board that allowed him to basically f**k our club up?
Maybe the malasians have uncovered the truth of the matter and he knows that it is just a matter of time before we all know.

We wait patiently.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
jamccfc wrote:Is the pressure getting to SB or are we close to finding out what hold PR had over the board that allowed him to basically f**k our club up?

We wait patiently.

Perhaps we should do some digging ourselves and try and find some evidence of wrongdoing.
There is bound to be something hanging around that the board don't want us to see.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:54 pm

ridofrid wrote:Carl,

Like you I was shocked at the outburst from SB who I have always respected and felt he was the only director that I trusted ( other than the Malaysians ).
What also surprised me was that so many on here responded the way they did and played into his hands.
I was glad the thread was taken down as to be quite honest it did no one any favours. We have always been the forum that comes up with positive suggestions and debate even in negative times, I hope we can learn lessons from the debacle last night.I am sure that if TG and VT saw that last night they would be shocked that directors of the club took this childish action to deliberately annoy and wind up supporters of the club.

I have never trusted Borley or anyone on the board over the last 2 years or so. Everyone one of them knew exactly what Ridsdale was doing.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:55 pm

there's probably loads there that they don't want us to see !

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:
ridofrid wrote:Carl,

I have never trusted Borley or anyone on the board over the last 2 years or so. Everyone one of them knew exactly what Ridsdale was doing.

We would guess that, but we don't really know, don't forget, S Borley has a successful company which would need a lot of his time, it's easy to take the finger of the pulse if you are trusting others.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:00 pm

NJ73 wrote:The thread where Annis made the comment has been deleted as I said. It was from early this week or late last week I'm not sure. Where he stated that the fans should turn on the whole of the rest of the board, including Borley.

Yes I recall reading the thread but it has gone.

Up to lately everyone supported Borley. However since things have come out like having the transfer embargo in place before the ST scam people are questioning what the board was playing at and that includeds Borley. Borley still has strong support but a few have turned against him and there is a danger alot more could especially if he does not start distancing himself from the likes of PMG.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:00 pm

I have never trusted Borley or anyone on the board over the last 2 years or so. Everyone one of them knew exactly what Ridsdale was doing.[/quote]

Neither did I, it's obvious he knew !