Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FOREVER REALIST

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Very well said Carl.

You summed it up nicely there. I'm quite comfortable as we have the Malaysians on board and I am confident they are in for the long haul. Unfortunately I lose a bit of that comfort when I think of the other board members and last nights entrance by Steve Borley did not help.

Why is it I get the feeling that the board members last season have let us down terrible. I keep envisaging Ridsdale face when he gave the press announcement after the ST scam. Those words "I'm here to eat humble pie" will always haunt me because that was the moment the evidence hit me that the directors were in it for themselves. I always felt they were but going from feeling it to knowing it is what you remember. The expression on Ridsdale face was he did not give a shit. Now he is gone I hope the Malaysians can rid of the rest of them. Not too sure if I want Borley to stay after last night

Baked that is so spot on mate. Sometimes I watch the video where Ridsdale announced the Golden Ticket Scam and without flinching he says those famous words 'This is a thank-you from us to you our wonderful fans'

How Borley and Guy didn't sack him at the end of January is gob smacking, but when you consider the land deals which were struck only weeks later you begin to understand that the whole Ridsdale Chairmanship was a cash cow milking exercise by the directors.

Did you know PMG secured another mortgage against the Premier seating on 26 February? Only 8 days later we marched in protest against Ridsdale.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:02 pm

RIGHT, I'M GOING IN THE BATH. IF I MISS ANYTHING (LIKE I DID LAST NIGHT) I'M GONNA GO APE :lol:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Did you know PMG secured another mortgage against the Premier seating on 26 February? Only 8 days later we marched in protest against Ridsdale.

Do you know if that would have been for money they were putting into the club?

Before the Malaysians came on board, it was PMG that were keeping us afloat was it not?
They've screwed us over, and have made a big chunk of cash, but we'd probably have been finished if it wasn't for them!

How do people think we paid for wages/tax/bills etc over the last 12 months?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:04 pm

jamccfc wrote:RIGHT, I'M GOING IN THE BATH. IF I MISS ANYTHING (LIKE I DID LAST NIGHT) I'M GONNA GO APE :lol:

OK Sam TG & VT you can starting posting now :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:08 pm

Owain wrote:

Do you know if that would have been for money they were putting into the club?

Before the Malaysians came on board, it was PMG that were keeping us afloat was it not?
They've screwed us over, and have made a big chunk of cash, but we'd probably have been finished if it wasn't for them!

Sorry where is the evidence PMG were paying the wages? If they were putting so much in, then why was Roger Johnson sold for £5m, why did Ridsdale take out 2 dodgy loans (around £5m in total) and why was there a need for the Golden Ticket Scam, not to mention all the other revenues like TV Cup runs etc.

PMG put in £9m in 2008 for the shortfall funding (after making god knows what on the retail park) and that's their lot.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:18 pm

Sorry where is the evidence PMG were paying the wages? If they were putting so much in, then why was Roger Johnson sold for £5m, why did Ridsdale take out 2 dodgy loans (around £5m in total) and why was there a need for the Golden Ticket Scam, not to mention all the other revenues like TV Cup runs etc.

PMG put in £9m in 2008 for the shortfall funding (after making god knows what on the retail park) and that's their lot.

I could be wrong but I thought that's what I'd read on here, that Borley + Guy were putting money in for the tax bill/players wages.

I'm not saying they were putting 'so much in' but I was under the impression that they were putting some money in.

Again I may be wrong, but I thought a mortgage could only be as security for a new investment?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:21 pm

Owain wrote:

Our ST money?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:28 pm

Owain wrote:

I could be wrong but I thought that's what I'd read on here, that Borley + Guy were putting money in for the tax bill/players wages.

I'm not saying they were putting 'so much in' but I was under the impression that they were putting some money in.

Again I may be wrong, but I thought a mortgage could only be as security for a new investment?

PMG already had a mortgage on the Premier Seating from September 2009 but decided to create another on 26 Feb 2010. Previously PMG had only the secured income from the Premier Seating Barclays Bank Account, but on 26 Feb decided to increase security to Executive Boxes, Stand Naming Rights and any advertising which is displayed in the PS area.

The Executive Boxes and advertising are a very substancial income stream and PMG grab it just before the Malaysians took over. Indeed they acted at the height of Golden Ticket Scamgate which might even add substance to why Guy and Borley were powerless to sack him.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:PMG already had a mortgage on the Premier Seating from September 2009 but decided to create another on 26 Feb 2010. Previously PMG had only the secured income from the Premier Seating Barclays Bank Account, but on 26 Feb decided to increase security to Executive Boxes, Stand Naming Rights and any advertising which is displayed in the PS area.

The Executive Boxes and advertising are a very substancial income stream and PMG grab it just before the Malaysians took over. Indeed they acted at the height of Golden Ticket Scamgate which might even add substance to why Guy and Borley were powerless to sack him.

Yes, but I thought Keith mentioned something about only being able to take out a mortgage/security against a new debt, rather than an existing one. Meaning it would have been against new money put in, rather than a previous investment.

Even so, they probably realised that being in the state the club was in, there wasn't much hope of them getting their money back any other way.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:59 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Well he came an verbally attacked Annis, I have not seen any sniping by Annis towards him, have you ?

The thread where Annis made the comment has been deleted as I said. It was from early this week or late last week I'm not sure. Where he stated that the fans should turn on the whole of the rest of the board, including Borley.

Surely you can see why Borley would have been pissed off after a comment like that?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:01 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Well he came an verbally attacked Annis, I have not seen any sniping by Annis towards him, have you ?

The thread where Annis made the comment has been deleted as I said. It was from early this week or late last week I'm not sure. Where he stated that the fans should turn on the whole of the rest of the board, including Borley.

Surely you can see why Borley would have been pissed off after a comment like that?

Dont see the others rushing on here, do you ?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:Dont see the others rushing on here, do you ?

Is that really the point then? You asked what sniping comments Annis had made and I pointed it out.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:04 pm

in fairness carl only sb is the only loyal to the club and doesnt take any money out? :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:09 pm

NJ73 wrote:

Is that really the point then? You asked what sniping comments Annis had made and I pointed it out.

No I was trying to point out to you that there needs to be professionalism from him that was my point, I have still not seen the sniping comments you are on about and if Annis was being critical of Borley, is it right for Borley to come on here and deal with it in such a public manner.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:10 pm

steve l wrote:in fairness carl only sb is the only loyal to the club and doesnt take any money out? :ayatollah:

I am stating that he was out of order for what he done last night and out of touch to question why fans are negative towards the club and those running it.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:10 pm

NJ73 wrote:

In fairness NJ73 the comment made against Borley there has come out after all the bad press. Ridsdale has left our club in a mess and the board allowed it to happen. Borley cannot go without blame for this with the rest of the directors.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:14 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

No I was trying to point out to you that there needs to be professionalism from him that was my point, I have still not seen the sniping comments you are on about and if Annis was being critical of Borley, is it right for Borley to come on here and deal with it in such a public manner.

Well no you wouldn't be able to see the comments because one of the mods on here has deleted the thread.

Annis and Borely are supposed to be friends aren't they? Is it acceptable for Annis to post on here for the fans to turn on him and not expect Borely to feel the need to publicly defend himself?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:16 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

In fairness NJ73 the comment made against Borley there has come out after all the bad press. Ridsdale has left our club in a mess and the board allowed it to happen. Borley cannot go without blame for this with the rest of the directors.

I'm not saying he should go without blame. I'm saying no one should be surprised if he feels the need to publicly defend himself.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:17 pm

NJ73 wrote:Well no you wouldn't be able to see the comments because one of the mods on here has deleted the thread.

Annis and Borely are supposed to be friends aren't they? Is it acceptable for Annis to post on here for the fans to turn on him and not expect Borely to feel the need to publicly defend himself?

Well lets see, I believe Annis sticks by what he has said and Borley backtracks minutes after what he said, you work it out. :roll:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:19 pm

NJ73 wrote:I'm not saying he should go without blame. I'm saying no one should be surprised if he feels the need to publicly defend himself.

So why did he ask for his comments to be removed then ?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:21 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:Well no you wouldn't be able to see the comments because one of the mods on here has deleted the thread.

Well lets see, I believe Annis sticks by what he has said and Borley backtracks minutes after what he said, you work it out. :roll:

Clearly he regretted biting at Annis' comments in the way he did. If Annis sticks by the comments, it's strange that the thread has been deleted? :?

Does Annis also sick by the comments he made in the Borely thread about Borely deliberately hiding things Ridsdale had done and making sure Ridsdale was able to destroy documentation before he left?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:22 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:I'm not saying he should go without blame. I'm saying no one should be surprised if he feels the need to publicly defend himself.

My guess is that he regretted biting the way he did but seeing as I'm not a mind reader I obviously don't know for certain. Why do you think?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:23 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

My guess is that he regretted biting the way he did but seeing as I'm not a mind reader I obviously don't know for certain. Why do you think?

I am not a mind reader, why ask me ? :mrgreen:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:24 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

So whats the point of arguing about it if you dont know for certain, Borley asked for the thread to be deleted so it was as his wishes were respected, then it was pulled up on here again today so it was again fully deleted again due to respect to his wishes, whats the argument.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:24 pm

carlccfc wrote:I am not a mind reader, why ask me ? :mrgreen:

For your guess seeing as you asked me

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:29 pm

NJ73 wrote:

probably best not to play guessing games and stick to the facts. :mrgreen:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:31 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

probably best not to play guessing games and stick to the facts. :mrgreen:

Ok I guess we'll see no more posts that contain the words "In My Opinion" but only facts then :lol:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:33 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Ok I guess we'll see no more posts that contain the words "In My Opinion" but only facts then :lol:

I think we'd be pretty quiet if everyone had to stick to facts

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:34 pm

Owain wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

I think we'd be pretty quiet if everyone had to stick to facts

Exactly.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:34 pm

NJ73 wrote:Ok I guess we'll see no more posts that contain the words "In My Opinion" but only facts then :lol:

It's only my opinion but I think we will definately see more posts that are of my opinion otherwise they would be someone elses :D