Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FOREVER REALIST

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:10 am

So who are the egg heads? Is it PMG?

If Ridsdale was only the front for PMG then why wasnt the March before the Middlesborough match against them aswell as Risdale?

Why were the trust slagged off for releasing a statement at the time of negotiations with TG, asking PMG to think about doing the right thing particularly in light of how well they had done securing the land for the retail park and hotel development on the cheap?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:17 am

How many millions did the Golden Ticket scheme get them courtesy of us the fans ?????

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:36 am

It didnt get them anything it went to pay off tax debts and other debts.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:38 am

Stavross wrote:It didnt get them anything it went to pay off tax debts and other debts.

oh well look on the brightside I get the next 4 seasons at the same price :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:41 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
Stavross wrote:It didnt get them anything it went to pay off tax debts and other debts.

oh well look on the brightside I get the next 4 seasons at the same price :ayatollah:

I forgot about that! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:43 am

Stavross wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:

I forgot about that! :ayatollah:

I bet CCFC forget about it ? :lol:

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:11 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Owain wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Sorry where is the evidence PMG were paying the wages? If they were putting so much in, then why was Roger Johnson sold for £5m, why did Ridsdale take out 2 dodgy loans (around £5m in total) and why was there a need for the Golden Ticket Scam, not to mention all the other revenues like TV Cup runs etc.

PMG put in £9m in 2008 for the shortfall funding (after making god knows what on the retail park) and that's their lot.

I could be wrong but I thought that's what I'd read on here, that Borley + Guy were putting money in for the tax bill/players wages.

I'm not saying they were putting 'so much in' but I was under the impression that they were putting some money in.

Again I may be wrong, but I thought a mortgage could only be as security for a new investment?

As I have already explained PMG already had security but ammended it so that they received even more security on their £9m loan. This is specifically sensitive because of the timing (at the height of golden ticket scamgate/the failure to sack Ridsdale) and the fact it deprives the club of even more revenue at a time when we are struggling badly with finances.

I know they already had a charge, but what I'm saying is I wasn't aware you could take a charge on an asset or similar against a previous loan, it had to be a new investment of cash.
In the same way I wasn't aware that you could increase the amount of security against an existing loan.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:34 am

That's an excellent point Stavross, one I've made before but still fail to get an answer.

It looks like the leaders of this board are finally waking up to the damage the entire board of directors have done to our club over the past few years, although still failing to acknowledge the initial financial problems caused by a certain Sam Hammam - the "elephant in the room" to use the current "in" saying.

It may surprise most of you to know that I agree with most of what is said here about Ridsdale and the enormous harm he has done. However, I have never understood why you failed at the time of the "march" to question the role of PMG and Mr. Borley. Whilst both have invested in CCFC over the years, they have also benefitted enormously out of our club through the development of the CCS and the retail park. As businesses that's their right and good luck to them. Whilst PMG clearly have no emotional interest in CCFC clearly Mr. Borley does and we should all remember the hard work - and hard cash - he has invested in our club over many years.

Should you not now accept that you were wrong to criticise the Trust over it's criticism of PMG a few months ago?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:37 am

what did the Trust say about PMG then , remind me ? :old:

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:40 am

http://www.ccfctrust.org/?p=346

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:43 am

Owain wrote:http://www.ccfctrust.org/?p=346

thanks Owain , so what did this board say then ? Im sorry but I cant remember :lol: :old:

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:54 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
Owain wrote:http://www.ccfctrust.org/?p=346

thanks Owain , so what did this board say then ? Im sorry but I cant remember :lol: :old:

It didn't go down to well with a few people if I remember correctly :lol:

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:00 am

Claude Blue wrote:That's an excellent point Stavross, one I've made before but still fail to get an answer.

It looks like the leaders of this board are finally waking up to the damage the entire board of directors have done to our club over the past few years, although still failing to acknowledge the initial financial problems caused by a certain Sam Hammam - the "elephant in the room" to use the current "in" saying.

It may surprise most of you to know that I agree with most of what is said here about Ridsdale and the enormous harm he has done. However, I have never understood why you failed at the time of the "march" to question the role of PMG and Mr. Borley. Whilst both have invested in CCFC over the years, they have also benefitted enormously out of our club through the development of the CCS and the retail park. As businesses that's their right and good luck to them. Whilst PMG clearly have no emotional interest in CCFC clearly Mr. Borley does and we should all remember the hard work - and hard cash - he has invested in our club over many years.

Should you not now accept that you were wrong to criticise the Trust over it's criticism of PMG a few months ago?

Because Claude everyone felt they were letting Ridsdale off the hook. As far as the average supporter was concerned PMG had put money into the club and perhaps the only reason why the club survived. Was it not PMG who quaranteed the money for the build of the stadium?

Also at the time tempers were high over the ST scam. Fingers were pointing at Ridsdale but the Trust seemed to want to bring the attention to PMG who everyone thought had saved the club which they had done. Why did not the Trust point at Ridsdale as well as PMG?

You see the way I look at it is if PMG were now doing their fair share of investing in the club now like the Malaysians are doing then none of this would be an issue. No one would be shouting how they have done well out of the club etc etc. Its coming over as they have got what they wanted now they want out.

Adding to all this lets look at why the Malaysians were not on board at this time. Yes TG was a board member but lets get real it meant absolutely nothing. There was no visible investment at the time from him so he could have quite easily have walked away. From what we are hearing he nearly did but the deal was saved by Borley. So why had they not invested at the time. Most likely something to do with Ridsdale wanting 45p a share perhaps. It was being seen Ridsdale was the one main problem we had.

So Claude with all that to consider you can see why the Trust got slatted here. All fingers were pointing at Ridsdale and rightly so then next thing the Trust are pointing at PMG. They have a good argument now but they made the fatal mistake of leaving Ridsdale alone and thats your answer Claude.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:20 am

But now we all know that Riddler was a front for the board and something is very very fishy here into the fact that they have given him £10k per month severance pay for 12 months after he left CCFC , hush money if ever Ive heared it .

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:36 am

Vintage 63 wrote:But now we all know that Riddler was a front for the board and something is very very fishy here into the fact that they have given him £10k per month severance pay for 12 months after he left CCFC , hush money if ever Ive heared it .

I agree. People thing its bad enough now with the sniping going on but this is going ot continue for a very long time. Unless we end up in the premier very soon all this will escalate.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:42 am

maybe Riddler's gonna write a book in 12 months time ? :lol:

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Excellent post carl mate :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:09 pm

Ystrad Bluebird wrote:Excellent post carl mate :ayatollah:

Yes Thanks Carl for putting the Record straight :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:29 pm

Good post that Carl, fully agree with the points you make. Regarding Borley its quite laughable that a director of a club comes on a messageboard posting laughable statements. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Carl you forgot The Latest High Court appearance, Surely that was Not good News.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Claude Blue wrote:That's an excellent point Stavross, one I've made before but still fail to get an answer.

Claude Blue, Your Best Ever post regarding, Yes WE SHOULD OF MARCHED AGAINST PMG AT THE SAME TIME, I was wrong not to.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:14 pm

Claude you may be surprised that I agree with most of what you say, yes I admit that I certainly missed a trick regarding the March and it should have been a march against the board of directors but in truth my eyes were firmly fixed on Peter Ridsdale and his lies, I am sorry now that I didnt see the bigger picture at the time. With regards to criticisim of the trust in the whole affair was mainly to do with it's limited action or lack of it more to speak, I am all for publically released statements and was advocating at the time that the trust continue in that manner but I feel they would have got more support, as well as the supporters club, if they had been more pro active towards the situation at the time. I think people were upset that at the time of the March, no one from the trust or supporters club spoke out publically in their roles.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl you forgot The Latest High Court appearance, Surely that was Not good News.

Now your just being negative for goodness sake. :lol:

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Hi Carl,
Please help, i've been looking for the post of what SB has said but i can't find anything, admittedly i've always been a fan of Steve and would obviously like to Gauge what was said for myself before i join the band wagon or make my own views heard.
I would be pleased if you can give me a quote or two about what was said by SB and what it was in reply to, i've searched the threads on this post to try and gain an insight into what was said but it's so difficult when you are getting it 2nd hand and trying to dicipher the info.
Any chance you can lay down the gist of what was said.
Much appreciated as always Carl
Keep up the good work
Jes

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:05 pm

The thread was deleted at Steves request.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Jes wrote:Hi Carl,
Please help, i've been looking for the post of what SB has said but i can't find anything, admittedly i've always been a fan of Steve and would obviously like to Gauge what was said for myself before i join the band wagon or make my own views heard.
I would be pleased if you can give me a quote or two about what was said by SB and what it was in reply to, i've searched the threads on this post to try and gain an insight into what was said but it's so difficult when you are getting it 2nd hand and trying to dicipher the info.
Any chance you can lay down the gist of what was said.
Much appreciated as always Carl
Keep up the good work
Jes

It has been deleted Jes sorry as Steve asked for it too.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:16 am

AND NOW THIS viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18687 :evil:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:54 am

carlccfc wrote:Firstly I was shocked by last nights events and even more so by the person delivering the verbal attack. I find it extrodinary that a director of our football club who has seen all the shit that has gone on and was part of a board of directors who lied to its fans in order to get us to part with money has the audacity to come on a public messageboard and critiscise one supporter who in his opinion has been negative.

I for one am negative, Annis may be negative and I believe there are thousands who are feeling pretty shit about the goings on at the club in recent times.

We have had Ridsdale taking bonuses whilst we the fans are forking out money and the club are not paying its debts.

We have been left with a mountain of debt of over £40million by the previous regime.

We are under a transfer embargo.

We have not paid Sunderland, Charlton or Motherwell.

We have a CEO with no background in football and is upsetting other directors.

We are not signing any players.

We have a club shop with very little stock.

We have players speaking out.

High Court case after High Court case and its still happening.

This is just some of the crap that has made this club a laughing stock for months, if anyone can feel good about that lot then I'll take my hat off to them, we the fans put in our bit when needed and when we dare say anything that is not complimentry, certain directors at the club get annoyed, well join the club now you may understand how pissed off we feel about it.

This forum arranged for a welcome party for the Malaysians the day after their investment was finalised, I will continue to support TG andthe Malaysians as will Annis too and we feel positive for the future whilst they remain committed but if they decided to walk away then I would feel very uneasy for our future if it was left to the rest of the board.

I would strongly advise for directors of this club to take the lead of TG and remain professional and steadfast in their roles and realise how priviliged they are to be working for Cardiff City Football Club, you want the job and you take the benefits then you must be prepared to take the flak when it is rightly so.

There is positive news ahead and I will speak of it in another post, just for the fairness of balance because I dont want to be accused of being a doom and gloom merchant.