Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

wales scotland Vetch 81

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:00 pm

Anyone remember that day when 150 of us piled on to the North Bank and stayed on there alll of the game..!! :lol: :lol:

Re: wales scotland Vetch 81

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:27 pm

I was on there! great day. Been on there a few times since, bumped into Frankie on one occasion.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:33 pm

Crystal Palace v Swansea Ninian Park Bob bank ;)

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:45 pm

bloo wrote:Crystal Palace v Swansea Ninian Park Bob bank ;)

heard about that, it was a bit heavy wasn't it

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:51 pm

I was on the Bob bank that evening but sadly the game was marred by the murder of a Swansea fan, (not by a city fan for the younger members) whatever the rivalry, for a fan to attend a football game to support his team to and up dead having been knifed (I think from memory) is something that should never happen.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:I was on there! great day. Been on there a few times since, bumped into Frankie on one occasion.

Been on there several times, and have come unstuck twice. One of those was in about 81sh versus Iceland, the floodlights failed

and the Jacks made a move on us, we were vastly out numbered only about 12 of us and took a few knocks.

All good fun though and by no means embarrassed.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:00 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:

I was on the Bob bank that evening but sadly the game was marred by the murder of a Swansea fan, (not by a city fan for the younger members) whatever the rivalry, for a fan to attend a football game to support his team to and up dead having been knifed (I think from memory) is something that should never happen.

I remember that night, it was a wierd night all round. The poor Swansea guy was stabbed by a chap called Barry Rondeau

who ended up committing suicide in Gartree prison a few years back.

A total waste of two young lives.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:19 pm

John Bowens brotherj wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:

I remember that night, it was a wierd night all round. The poor Swansea guy was stabbed by a chap called Barry Rondeau

who ended up committing suicide in Gartree prison a few years back.

A total waste of two young lives.

Yehhh I think the one who got stabbed name was david williams...

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 pm

That name rings a bell Lord Ninian, also have a vague recollection it took place on Tudor Road.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:18 pm

I was there at that game too, REM WE WERENT PLAYING and WE STILL TURNED UP :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:22 am

lordninian wrote:Anyone remember that day when 150 of us piled on to the North Bank and stayed on there alll of the game..!! :lol: :lol:

yes I was there too that day , 3000 Jocks behind the goal and us in the corner of the North Bank . Pre Ayatollah days ! :ayatollah: :old:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:29 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
lordninian wrote:Anyone remember that day when 150 of us piled on to the North Bank and stayed on there alll of the game..!! :lol: :lol:

yes I was there too that day , 3000 Jocks behind the goal and us in the corner of the North Bank . Pre Ayatollah days ! :ayatollah: :old:

Yehhh remember it well..it was just the beginning of the casual era...I dont think the jacks or jocks had any idea of the dozen or soo city dressed in slazenger jumpers,stan smiths,Adidas Kagouls etc...

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:48 am

lordninian wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:

Yehhh remember it well..it was just the beginning of the casual era...I dont think the jacks or jocks had any idea of the dozen or soo city dressed in slazenger jumpers,stan smiths,Adidas Kagouls etc...

Ah the Slazenger jumpers! Bring back memories - used to knick my old mans golf jumpers.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Remember the burgundy leather safari Jackets.?.made an appearence in the old away enclosure the following season 81-82

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:56 pm

I was there. Ended up in the corner. I nearly had my head taken off by a big brick thrown down at us after the final whistle.I remember a punk with different colours in his hair and the jacks screaming get the punk when it went off first.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:00 pm

I was at the Palace/Jacks game.
Couldn`t get home for hours as my car was in the middle of the taped off crime scene.
I had a blue mini and an eye witness interviewed on the next days news said the poor guy was stabbed with his back to the car.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:03 pm

LONGDOG wrote:I was there. Ended up in the corner. I nearly had my head taken off by a big brick thrown down at us after the final whistle.I remember a punk with different colours in his hair and the jacks screaming get the punk when it went off first.

Im sure the punk in question was from Ely...?....Havnt seen him though since the mid 80s...

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:16 pm

lordninian wrote:
LONGDOG wrote:I was there. Ended up in the corner. I nearly had my head taken off by a big brick thrown down at us after the final whistle.I remember a punk with different colours in his hair and the jacks screaming get the punk when it went off first.

Im sure the punk in question was from Ely...?....Havnt seen him though since the mid 80s...

I use to see him every week, havent seen him for years.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
lordninian wrote:

I use to see him every week, havent seen him for years.

Did he bother with little colin etc..?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:24 am

Dai Hooligan??

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:34 am

No def not Dai H.