Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GOOD NEWS

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:19 pm

As of 12 o clock today the wages have been paid up to every player who was left owed money. The players who had left the club have had their severance pay and in turn the PFA are satisfied with Cardiff City.

I can also report that the current players outstanding bonus' and signing on fees have been paid in full too. The money has been paid by the Malaysians.

I understand that the club are currently working with the HMRC this afternoon on the tax bill.

This will leave the club to deal with Charlton to settle the £500k which in turn enables the embargo to be lifted.

Hopefully we will be able to report more later throughout the day.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :ayatollah:

Re: GOOD NEWS

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:21 pm

cheers Carl , 1st with the GOOD NEWS as always :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks Carl, something positive at long last.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:24 pm

ah so the embargo should be lifted today then and new players in by the weekend ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:25 pm

carlccfc wrote:As of 12 o clock today the wages have been paid up to every player who was left owed money. The players who had left the club have had their severance pay and in turn the PFA are satisfied with Cardiff City.

I can also report that the current players outstanding bonus' and signing on fees have been paid in full too. The money has been paid by the Malaysians.

I understand that the club are currently working with the HMRC this afternoon on the tax bill.

This will leave the club to deal with Charlton to settle the £500k which in turn enables the embargo to be lifted.

Fantastic, thanks Carl

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:26 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:cheers Carl , 1st with the GOOD NEWS as always :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good or bad you get it here first Martyn, thankfully this time it's good. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:27 pm

What would really be good news Carl is if we sent Hudson back to Charlton and said debt paid. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:cheers Carl , 1st with the GOOD NEWS as always :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good or bad you get it here first Martyn, thankfully this time it's good. :ayatollah:

that is true , but we all know whats coming from the likes of Claude ? :ayatollah:

and Big Gwyn too :lol:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:30 pm

ihatealiens wrote:ah so the embargo should be lifted today then and new players in by the weekend ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Don't put me on the spot Aliens ;)

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:31 pm

carlccfc wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:ah so the embargo should be lifted today then and new players in by the weekend ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Don't put me on the spot Aliens ;)

Tax Man has to Confirm They are Happy as well.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:31 pm

finally some good news at last,
Carl ssn are saying that forest have tabled a new improved bid for whitts today , do you have any info on this :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:33 pm

carlccfc wrote:As of 12 o clock today the wages have been paid up to every player who was left owed money. The players who had left the club have had their severance pay and in turn the PFA are satisfied with Cardiff City.

Brilliant news just like you told us Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Not only that if you are going to give the players a boost, then settling outstanding monies just before the first game of the season, isn't a bad time to do it

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:35 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:35 pm

darran1927 wrote:finally some good news at last,
Carl ssn are saying that forest have tabled a new improved bid for whitts today , do you have any info on this :ayatollah:

I am trying to get some info on this and Chopra. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Fantastic stuff. I'm looking forward to press conferences announcing new players in the imminent future then :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:40 pm

Message at bottom of screen on Sky sports News 3.38pm reads :-

"Cardiff hope to have transfer embargo lifted later this week"

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:42 pm

like every other city fan i really do hope this happens carl,it would be the best bit of news i have had in f***ing ages (apart from the missus being pregnant of course) :lol: i have been telling a couple of negative city fans that dont use this board about various posts and they dont beveive it so it would be great 2 tel them i told u so :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:44 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Message at bottom of screen on Sky sports News 3.38pm reads :-

IT doesnt mean anything yet - just simply says we have HOPE!!! :lol:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:46 pm

goodbye transfer umbongo!

starting to luv these malaysians

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:
darran1927 wrote:finally some good news at last,

I am trying to get some info on this and Chopra. :ayatollah:[/quotedo you think the club will accept any offes for players at the moment with such a threadbare squad at the moment :?:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:09 pm

chinks of light are starting to seep through the darkness of that long tunel, at last the cogs are starting to turn in the right direction. Great news.. :P :P

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:15 pm

Merlin wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:Message at bottom of screen on Sky sports News 3.38pm reads :-

IT doesnt mean anything yet - just simply says we have HOPE!!! :lol:

Don't worry - I am under no illusions! :!:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Sounds good Carl! A nice not to lead us into the first game of the season...

Let's hope the positivity is reflected in the atmos on Sunday, we all need to turn up and sing our hearts out for the boys. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:18 pm

I bet Craig Bellamy will be relieved, can he can now finally join his home town club as predicted on a previous EXCLUSIVE? :oops:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:20 pm

nct68 wrote:I bet Craig Bellamy will be relieved, can he can now finally join his home town club as predicted on a previous EXCLUSIVE? :oops:

And where did we say he was definately joining us?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:22 pm

Fingers crossed mate!

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks Carl, spring in my step for a while at least! :ayatollah: :D

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Great news for the club (at last) but lets not jump the gun, its all well and good the embargo etc being lifted but there is still no money for new players, the malaysians have had to dip into their own pockets again (and will continue to have to) and the money is still owed to Charlton and Langstone etc etc.

Also, as this tax bill is paid, isn't another going to be due for subsequent months? The tax bill being paid now is 3months overdue isn't it? So there are still two months outstanding or have I got my wires crossed somewhere?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Carl thanks for this I was just on my way to the Samaritans!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:48 pm

So Gethin Jenkis was telling the truth when he said that all the outstanding bonuses would be paid this week to current players and players who had left. Finally there is light at the end of the tunnel, season starting, outstanding debts slowly being paid bit by bit as has been promised all along, happy f*cking days!!!!