Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: GOOD NEWS

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:54 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:So Gethin Jenkis was telling the truth when he said that all the outstanding bonuses would be paid this week to current players and players who had left. Finally there is light at the end of the tunnel, season starting, outstanding debts slowly being paid bit by bit as has been promised all along, happy f*cking days!!!!

Yes Gethin, Finally Told The Truth, I wish he had been Honest about The Players Embargo on us.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:56 pm

Dannymagic wrote:
carlccfc wrote:As of 12 o clock today the wages have been paid up to every player who was left owed money. The players who had left the club have had their severance pay and in turn the PFA are satisfied with Cardiff City.

I can also report that the current players outstanding bonus' and signing on fees have been paid in full too. The money has been paid by the Malaysians.

I understand that the club are currently working with the HMRC this afternoon on the tax bill.

This will leave the club to deal with Charlton to settle the £500k which in turn enables the embargo to be lifted.

Hopefully we will be able to report more later throughout the day.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :ayatollah:

Great news for the club (at last) but lets not jump the gun, its all well and good the embargo etc being lifted but there is still no money for new players, the malaysians have had to dip into their own pockets again (and will continue to have to) and the money is still owed to Charlton and Langstone etc etc.

Also, as this tax bill is paid, isn't another going to be due for subsequent months? The tax bill being paid now is 3months overdue isn't it? So there are still two months outstanding or have I got my wires crossed somewhere?

My take on it all is this:

TG and the Malaysians DID NOT come here on the off chance we'd get to the premiership
last season. It was a setback, but they are OBVIOUSLY here for the long haul now, can
anyone still have any doubt? They HAVE sat back and waited to see who on the board was
prepared to do what and by now will be under no illusions that PMG will happily bleed this
club dry even though they have had ample opportunity to contribute over the last few months!
I think PMG's days are numbered, and If it means Sam coming in on the back of the money
we owe him then fair enough!

I agree with Tony above, its been a shite few months for our players too, not knowing when or
if they were going to be paid AND seeing the club put a block on them leaving for other clubs!
AND (as Chops rightly said) watching Championship contenders busy strengthening for the new
campaign... The embargo will be lifted this week by all accounts, and if Dave Jones is good at
one thing... its working with no money in the loan market. Drinkwater i think is an inspired
move, and I'm confident he will get a couple more decent additions.

We may well have a tough start to the campaign but thinks are looking up, and the players will
feel the vibe just as soon as the supporters do!!

I feel proper positive today :)

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:15 pm

nct68 wrote:I bet Craig Bellamy will be relieved, can he can now finally join his home town club as predicted on a previous EXCLUSIVE? :oops:

Get your Facts right, Sniper, This Forum Said Bellamy wanted to come to Cardiff and Jones wanted him, WE NEVER SAID HE WAS COMING HERE.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Ooooooooooooo ---i luvs a bit of positivity!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:26 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Ooooooooooooo ---i luvs a bit of positivity!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nct68 wrote:I bet Craig Bellamy will be relieved, can he can now finally join his home town club as predicted on a previous EXCLUSIVE? :oops:

Get your Facts right, Sniper, This Forum Said Bellamy wanted to come to Cardiff and Jones wanted him, WE NEVER SAID HE WAS COMING HERE.

You'd have thought, with all the billions VD has in the bank, if you say he wanted to come and Dave Jones wanted him; why the delay? Surely a player to shoot a club to the promised land of the Premier league if ever there was one?

Perhaps these Malaysians aren't that serious 'investors' after all? Just a thought ;)

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:42 pm

didnt daya post yesterday that vincent tan is not involved anymore?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:43 pm

nct68 wrote:
You'd have thought, with all the billions VD has in the bank, if you say he wanted to come and Dave Jones wanted him; why the delay? Surely a player to shoot a club to the promised land of the Premier league if ever there was one?

Perhaps these Malaysians aren't that serious 'investors' after all? Just a thought ;)

I explained all that on PS.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:44 pm

nct68 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That's a surprising reply NCT considering your original post looked very sarcastic.

In response to your reply to Annis, I would say they are playing hardball and testing the water with the other directors to see who is here to play and who is here to fleece, TG keeps saying that they are committed to getting this business on a sensible foundation on which they can build, I think what they are saying is, we have had a fall and we have now staggered back off our knees and are standing with the aid of sticks, we must now take tentative steps and progress to walking slowly unaided before we can dream of running again.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Now Gethin has confirmed it. :ayatollah:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26990379/

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:26 pm

carlccfc wrote:Now Gethin has confirmed it. :ayatollah:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26990379/

Nice mate, thanks for the info, first as ever, don't take any notice of the snipers :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:33 pm

great news carl, keep the info coming it's going to be a good week finished off with 3pts against sheff utd :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:18 pm

any idea on the full cost of this ??????? :roll:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:00 pm

Dannymagic wrote:
carlccfc wrote:As of 12 o clock today the wages have been paid up to every player who was left owed money. The players who had left the club have had their severance pay and in turn the PFA are satisfied with Cardiff City.

I can also report that the current players outstanding bonus' and signing on fees have been paid in full too. The money has been paid by the Malaysians.

I understand that the club are currently working with the HMRC this afternoon on the tax bill.

This will leave the club to deal with Charlton to settle the £500k which in turn enables the embargo to be lifted.

Hopefully we will be able to report more later throughout the day.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :ayatollah:

Great news for the club (at last) but lets not jump the gun, its all well and good the embargo etc being lifted but there is still no money for new players, the malaysians have had to dip into their own pockets again (and will continue to have to) and the money is still owed to Charlton and Langstone etc etc.

Also, as this tax bill is paid, isn't another going to be due for subsequent months? The tax bill being paid now is 3months overdue isn't it? So there are still two months outstanding or [url]have I got my wires crossed somewhere[/url]?

I thought that tax was paid quarterally at 1.3 mil in 4 months?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:14 pm

It beggars belief at times, a post comes on here with good news and immediately there are some people who look on the downside. Let's all try and be optimistic rather than pessimistic as i can assure you this:- The players will defo feel the bad vibes in and around the stands if we are not 100% committed to the cause. Yes we've been a laughing stock at times by the way our club has been run but surely just by bailing us out of near extinction the Malaysians should be regarded as good for this club, let alone the constant wage and Tax bill bail outs that they continue to pour into the club. come on lads lets all get behind them come Sundays big game.
Nice post Carl....as always
Jes