Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE LATEST NEWS

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:49 pm

I have posted up the good news today that has now been confirmed by Gethin Jenkins that all the players have received their outstanding money.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18879

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26990379/

As I said earlier the club were working with the Taxman to resolve any issues they have with our club, I have learned in the last 20 mins that the taxman is playing hardball with us and wants the full 2 months payments off us that is outstanding. This alone amounts to £900k, couple that with the Charlton money and we are looking for another £1.4million on top of the wages that have been paid and also the players bonus' money and that means TG and VT will have had to shell out another £2.5 million this week alone.

As I said on here last week, I said there was £2+million required to see off this embargo and it is looking likely that it will be lifted this week but again it is down to the Malaysians, where are the other directors, what are they doing to help the situation. Did the Malaysians know about the players bonus' and the severance pay ?

I have said on here before that Paul Guy wants a payment of £2million on September 1st, again tonight I have been told that this is very much the case and he wants it. What is this payment for ? Does anybody know anything about it ?

Ray Ranson also wants money off the club and his company are threatening the club with issuing a writ against them unless they see some money going their way, they are not looking for a full settlement of the £3.5million but they want payments and are demanding it now. A question for others would be this, if the club were able to sell players how much of the money would go to Ranson's company, does he have security/mortgage of them ?

With regards to the players mentioned on here, Lee Naylor came down yesterday but has noty trained with us and also Marlon Harewood came for talks yesterday and stayed at the Miskin Manor. Another player I have heard of today that City are speaking with Caleb Folan, but with all these players they are being advised by the agents not to commit to Cardiff City because of the transfer embargo but it shows the players are interested in coming here because they have traveled down knowing of the situation.

I know it sounds negative but putting my neck on the line I still believe the Malaysians are going to pull us through and it is my opinion that the embargo will be lifted, again it's only my opinion but on what I am being told I believe in them.

Despite this news ( gossip ) appearing elsewhere I think it is only right to inform you, tonight I took a phone call ( during watching Karate Kid 2010 ) that City have been given special dispensation from the Football League to sign 3 players, of which Heaton and Drinkwater will be 2. The reason I am told is because we have long term injuries. I am not suggesting because I am saying it makes it correct but that I have been told the very same thing and the person I have been told is part of the club's staff.

The final paragraph has been copied from another of my threads and can be viewed in it's entirety here :

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18918

AND NOW viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18958 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: THE LATEST NEWS

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Well done for keeping us informed once again Carl

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Cheers Jes.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:06 pm

Why do we owe Ray ranson money

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:07 pm

marlon harewood,jesus we should be aiming higher than that,folan fair enough but harewood?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Cheers Carl!

Great news on the Malaysians once again putting their money in. But they must be really pissed off that the other majorshare holder is doing the opposite and take roughly the same amount back out of the club.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Thats all very good news but the best news we could all hear will be the time when the Malaysians hit 51% and use the drag on. Are they waiting on the other potential investors before driving home the sword hard. It can't come soon enough for me.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Paul Guy does stuff with Advertising right?
Wonder why we owe him too.

ugly fooker mind

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:09 pm

keep up the good work carl, are the hmrc being tougher with us than they are with other clubs ?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Good Work Carl, 3 good players there as well, Do u think that we will get all 3 of them? or at least one of them by Sundays Game? :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:14 pm

The Douce wrote:Why do we owe Ray ranson money

Ranson is the sports fund company that Ridsdale had a loan from.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:15 pm

moz-dublin wrote:marlon harewood,jesus we should be aiming higher than that,folan fair enough but harewood?

beggars cant be choosers Moz :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:16 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Cheers Carl!

Great news on the Malaysians once again putting their money in. But they must be really pissed off that the other majorshare holder is doing the opposite and take roughly the same amount back out of the club.

I know I would be very pissed off if it was me and my money, not that I got that sort of money mind. :lol:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Carl, Fair play to DJ, he has still been lining players up to sign, but due to This Transfer Embargo,It has messed up his plans. In the past I have been on his back, but in My opinion rightly so,But at the moment I feel for him.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:17 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Thats all very good news but the best news we could all hear will be the time when the Malaysians hit 51% and use the drag on. Are they waiting on the other potential investors before driving home the sword hard. It can't come soon enough for me.

That would be fantastic Aliens I agree and hopefully sometime soon we will hear it :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:17 pm

The Douce wrote:Paul Guy does stuff with Advertising right?
Wonder why we owe him too.

ugly fooker mind

Am trying to find out and hopefully someone can explain more.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:19 pm

How come Hull City owe £10 million pounds to other clubs - but they can deal in the transfer market and we can't!

:?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:20 pm

the blue path wrote:keep up the good work carl, are the hmrc being tougher with us than they are with other clubs ?

There was a report on this on Talksport and a FL spokesman stated that their dealings with HMRC differ from region to region. Some won't call on monies for months on end whilst others want everything right up to date.

There is a suggestion that there could be many, many clubs in the same situation as us, Plymouth and Southend however their regional HMRC offices wouldn't tell the FL until many months of non payment had gone by.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:23 pm

the blue path wrote:keep up the good work carl, are the hmrc being tougher with us than they are with other clubs ?

I believe they are not happy with our past history and want to be settled in full.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl, Fair play to DJ, he has still been lining players up to sign, but due to This Transfer Embargo,It has messed up his plans. In the past I have been on his back, but in My opinion rightly so,But at the moment I feel for him.

He must be very frustrated Annis to be fair to him :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:27 pm

Why is it always one step forward two steps back?

Carl, were the Malaysians aware of the Ranson and Guy money needing to be paid soon?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Thanks for the news once again Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Don't want to sound negative but I cannot see ALL them issues being sorted by the first game of the season.

The secured creditors just keep growing and growing, everyone is bottling it and wanting their cash before all the others join in. If we have trouble with these debts wait until December and the big one is due. I am not even sure there is enough equity in the club to pay all the secured creditors let alone the 20p in the pound gang.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:46 pm

moz-dublin wrote:marlon harewood,jesus we should be aiming higher than that,folan fair enough but harewood?

Harewood is better than Folan, though?
Their goalscoring records suggest that, too.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:47 pm

i know who id prefer

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:50 pm

Great news Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:04 pm

brilliant news carl, i would take any of those players right now!!! but it just seems when one obstacle is out of the way another 2 appear!! is it me or does it seem everyone are making a point of making it akward for cardiff!!

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:10 pm

Evening all and thanks Carl - Am I the only person who sees not much good news in this second update of the day - I was very happy after Carl's first post but not now.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:13 pm

My feeling is Lee Naylor ,Marlon Harewood,Caleb Folan and others will be brought in.
However Chopra and Whitts maybe sold to get some much needed finance in the club to pay off the leeches like Guy and Ransom.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:22 pm

Merlin wrote:How come Hull City owe £10 million pounds to other clubs - but they can deal in the transfer market and we can't!

:?

Charlton wont argee to a payment plan,they want it in full.