Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THE LATEST NEWS

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:48 pm

The Ranson [scheme] allows a football club to to fund a players transfer over the length of of a contract, basically the club borrows money from the said scheme , paid the fees upfront, & then pay back the money, plus interest, over the length of the contract. I would not be surprised if this was how we funded the Chopra transfer, while not paying all the fee's upfront. We would have to sell Chops for about £6 million, & would be lucky to see a small nett profit there after!

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Ps, if PMG want £2 million by 01/Sept, then they will sell Whitts, they don't give a shit about the football club!

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Where did the money borrowed by Ridsdale from Ransom and which appears to have led to some sort of a charge over future player sales go?

It didn't go to the Revenue.
It didn't go on new players.
It didn't go to pay off creditors.

Where the f**k has all this money gone?

There is a black hole at Cardiff City that just seems to grow and grow.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:34 pm

The money from thr Ranson [scheme] was to fund the transfer of players, thats my understanding. To fund, i mean pay all the money upfront & pay back [with interest] over the length of the players contract. Clearly, in the case of Michael Chopra, Mark Hudson & Paul Quinn, this has not happened. It also beggs the question; who else???

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:35 pm

Let Guy wait for his money - let him join the ever growing queue of people waiting for payment.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:39 pm

davids wrote:Let Guy wait for his money - let him join the ever growing queue of people waiting for payment.

I don't think he has to. PMG have got a guarantee to sell any City player in order to finance themselves, or words to that effect!

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:06 pm

Wayne S wrote:Don't want to sound negative but I cannot see ALL them issues being sorted by the first game of the season.

The secured creditors just keep growing and growing, everyone is bottling it and wanting their cash before all the others join in. If we have trouble with these debts wait until December and the big one is due. I am not even sure there is enough equity in the club to pay all the secured creditors let alone the 20p in the pound gang.

Exactly what I am thinking.........tangled web and weavers and all that!! :crazy:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:12 pm

Once again this message board keeps us all in the loop good work carl 8-)

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:33 pm

The mirror linking us with Marlon King http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Co ... 44291.html

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:11 am

Ross Young wrote:The mirror linking us with Marlon King http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Co ... 44291.html

Mirror get fack all right... just tips off Gormans grand kids as they know how to use the web!

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:32 am

Jes wrote:Well done for keeping us informed once again Carl

I recognise that name and picture ;)

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:48 am

davids wrote:Where did the money borrowed by Ridsdale from Ransom and which appears to have led to some sort of a charge over future player sales go?

It didn't go to the Revenue.
It didn't go on new players.
It didn't go to pay off creditors.

Where the f**k has all this money gone?

There is a black hole at Cardiff City that just seems to grow and grow.

This is the question everyone would like to know , and cant blame Sam coz his money aint been paid yet ! Add to that OUR golden ticket money then I think that MORE than just the fans should be asking questions , dont u ? As for Guy then its time to piss off and stop bleeding CCFC dry when he's meant to be a director ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:59 am

Despite this news ( gossip ) appearing elsewhere I think it is only right to inform you, tonight I took a phone call ( during watching Karate Kid 2010 ) that City have been given special dispensation from the Football League to sign 3 players, of which Heaton and Drinkwater will be 2. The reason I am told is because we have long term injuries. I am not suggesting because I am saying it makes it correct but that I have been told the very same thing and the person I have been told is part of the club's staff.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18918