Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MORE GOOD NEWS

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:15 pm

Despite this news ( gossip ) appearing elsewhere I think it is only right to inform you, tonight I took a phone call ( during watching Karate Kid 2010 ) that City have been given special dispensation from the Football League to sign 3 players, of which Heaton and Drinkwater will be 2. The reason I am told is because we have long term injuries. I am not suggesting because I am saying it makes it correct but that I have been told the very same thing and the person I have been told is part of the club's staff.

Very good news indeed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: MORE GOOD NEWS

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:23 pm

carlccfc wrote:Despite this news ( gossip ) appearing elsewhere I think it is only right to inform you, tonight I took a phone call ( during watching Karate Kid 2010 ) that City have been given special dispensation from the Football League to sign 3 players, of which Heaton and Drinkwater will be 2. The reason I am told is because we have long term injuries. I am not suggesting because I am saying it makes it correct but that I have been told the very same thing and the person I have been told is part of the club's staff.

Who are the long term injuries, have I missed something ?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Hope Bothroyd isn't long term :(

Good news if true though. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:28 pm

Bartlett_bluebird wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Despite this news ( gossip ) appearing elsewhere I think it is only right to inform you, tonight I took a phone call ( during watching Karate Kid 2010 ) that City have been given special dispensation from the Football League to sign 3 players, of which Heaton and Drinkwater will be 2. The reason I am told is because we have long term injuries. I am not suggesting because I am saying it makes it correct but that I have been told the very same thing and the person I have been told is part of the club's staff.

Who are the long term injuries, have I missed something ?

Comminges is the only one I can think of.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:33 pm

Great news :ayatollah:

Who will the 3rd player be? will it be one of the 2 mentioned in your earlier post?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Don't want to be negative but this worries me that the embargo ain't getting lifted soon otherwise why would we of asked for this rule? Hopefully you know carl ?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Harewood's a free, so it wouldn't be him as Carl said loan.

Folan maybe?
Depends who else is crocked other than Comminges.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Lets hope McPhails injury is not long term????

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:54 pm

So maybe DJs "moaning" has had the desired effect?
Great news.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:50 pm

good news :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Also what's karate kid like lol

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:50 am

I was told by a member of the staff who is a very reliable source that by Friday all will be sorted and DJ can get on with his job with no embargo in place.

:old: AND SLEEPLESS IN CANTON.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:49 am

not trying to sound negative ,but, why would we ask for special dispension to sign 3 players if, we were likely to have embargo lifted by end of week , is this now not the case

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:51 am

darran1927 wrote:not trying to sound negative ,but, why would we ask for special dispension to sign 3 players if, we were likely to have embargo lifted by end of week , is this now not the case

covering all bases I would imagine, just in case.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:51 am

darran1927 wrote:not trying to sound negative ,but, why would we ask for special dispension to sign 3 players if, we were likely to have embargo lifted by end of week , is this now not the case

I can only imagine it has been done as some sort of backup plan in case things don't get sorted by the weekend.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:56 am

hope so , i see the mirror is saying we will sign koumas once embargo lifted , could jones be getting him as the 3rd player he's allowed to sign

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:00 am

Above it says the embargo isn't likely to be lifted until Friday. If that was the case then Heaton and Drinkwater wouldn't be registered in time for the Sheffield United game.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:03 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Above it says the embargo isn't likely to be lifted until Friday. If that was the case then Heaton and Drinkwater wouldn't be registered in time for the Sheffield United game.

ah didn't think of that :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:06 am

and Mario Balotelli the 3d one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:54 am

3rd signing is Jason Koumas :ayatollah:
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/191028/Doncaster-snub-1m-Swansea-bid-for-Brian-Stock

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:43 am

ref: Heaton.
How can we loan a player without a contract? I thought we were obtaining him on a free contract?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:47 am

Merlin wrote:ref: Heaton.
How can we loan a player without a contract? I thought we were obtaining him on a free contract?

He is a free, Craig. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:27 am

Jones can sign another full back then lol

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:16 am

Hopefully the 3rd signing will be Kevin Saint Luce