Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Tax Collectors

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:07 am

I have heard this evening, very, very good source, that the Tax Collectors, bit like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang this to be honest with child collectors an all, will take down a top football club shortly. They've had a good few years of being blamed by fuckwits for the financial state that our small island is in but the new lot have let them off the leash, so the gloves are off.

I didn't ask if it was us :o as the person I was speaking to supports a club in similar situation but a bigger, much, much bigger club is/has been under investigation for some time.

I don't which one but it is a "top four" club, not too hard to work it I suppose............ :shock:

Re: The Tax Collectors

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:53 am

Willy the Wombat wrote:I have heard this evening, very, very good source, that the Tax Collectors, bit like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang this to be honest with child collectors an all, will take down a top football club shortly. They've had a good few years of being blamed by fuckwits for the financial state that our small island is in but the new lot have let them off the leash, so the gloves are off.

I didn't ask if it was us :o as the person I was speaking to supports a club in similar situation but a bigger, much, much bigger club is/has been under investigation for some time.

I don't which one but it is a "top four" club, not too hard to work it I suppose............ :shock:

Is it possible that your source had been listening to the radio debate on this subject earlier in the day when this very topic was raised??

Re: The Tax Collectors

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:49 am

I should imagine that football clubs have never been treated much differently to any other company. The only difference being that football clubs always have a carrot to dangle to the tax man. Such as please don't close us down because we've got an investor coming in and in a few weeks we'll be able to pay you. Plus the FL will give us some money next week, plus we can borrow next seasons tele money etc, etc, etc, etc.
With normal businesses it's probably more clear cut of how badly they are doing and so easier to make a decision to close them down. If Blogs company went before the tax man court and said we've just landed a new contract, here's the paperwork, and it means we'll have jam tomorrow, then the court would probably give them the time they ask for.
Just my opinion based on my knowledge of nothing though!