Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ARE ISRAEL IN THE RIGHT "

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:02 am

In what keeps happening in Palestine and once again Now Lebanon ?

Re: " ARE ISRAEL IN THE RIGHT "

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:17 am

Hard situation to understnd really. I'm not saying they are right but I feel sympathetic towards the whole region of Israel, Palestine etc.

The Jews were nearly wiped out by the Nazis so understandably the Jews wanted a home country as they did before. But the Allies are the ones who plonked them where they are now. It was the allies who tried to move the Arabs out of the area so the Jews could live there.

So instantly tensions surface. It must be hard for Israel to be surrounded by muslim countries who hate them. Remember when the Iranian president said he wanted to wipe them off the map?

Israel are surrounded by enemies so they can't show any weakness. Its a very sad situation as I feel for the Israelis and the Palestinians. Us and America have a lot to answer for, for creating the state of Israel.

I believe that the next World War will be because of Israel and the surrounding states.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:25 am

Israel has every right to protect their boarders IMO.

However, I have great sympathy for the Palestinians who are used as a political football by the rest of the Muslim world. The UK & USA should use their influence to distance the Palestinians from terror groups and countries like Iran and turn both Gaza and the West Bank into commercial heavens.

If you bring prosperity you bring peace and that has to be the way ahead.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:40 am

The problem you've got is Jews run America and as such are able to inflict as much terrorism as they wish anywhere they want. America will support them both directly and indirectly always and that includes spinning the media.
If what was happening to Palestine was happening anywhere else then not only would there be massive outcries along with world forces moving in, the leaders of that country would be brought to book in the same way as others have in the past.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:In what keeps happening in Palestine and once again Now Lebanon ?

As regards the specifics of the exchange between Lebanese and Israeli forces yesterday, the UN have issued a statement coming down on the side of Israel.

The greater threat to stability in Lebanon is not Israel, but Syrian interference which is longstanding and well-known.

As regards the Israeli-Palestinian issue, both sides need their heads cracked together, but there does not seem to be a country/ies with either the will or the firepower to commit to such a risky undertaking. Divisions among the Palestinians themselves are also unhelpful.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:32 pm

I am not an expert on the subject but when everyone wants them dead and wiped of the face of the earth then yes they have a right to defend themselves and you cant blame them for being a bit forceful at times.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:50 pm

TheOutsider wrote:The problem you've got is Jews run America and as such are able to inflict as much terrorism as they wish anywhere they want. America will support them both directly and indirectly always and that includes spinning the media.
If what was happening to Palestine was happening anywhere else then not only would there be massive outcries along with world forces moving in, the leaders of that country would be brought to book in the same way as others have in the past.

Like the widespread genocide in Africa, you mean? Still "jews run America"... riiiight....

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:56 pm

My Opinion, Sorry if Some Dont Like it, THEY ARE GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER and NO ONE IS SAYING A THING TO TRY AND STOP IT, Just My Opinion.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:10 pm

I genrally like the way Isreal operate. They don't take any shit from anyone.

Don't know the ins and outs of this particular situation though, so couldn't comment on it.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:44 pm

SteW wrote:I genrally like the way Isreal operate. They don't take any shit from anyone.

Don't know the ins and outs of this particular situation though, so couldn't comment on it.

But Stew, They work above the Law of the Lands.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:10 pm

The plain and simple Answer is NO.The whole issue is a complicated one and there are wrong doings on both sides,but the whole palastine issue was caused by the Israelies and they have got away with murder for years.It is the poor honest decent people on both sides who have had to suffer over this issue and instead of America and the UK supporting one side they should be working to get both sides around a table to negotiate an agreement.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My Opinion, Sorry if Some Dont Like it, THEY ARE GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER and NO ONE IS SAYING A THING TO TRY AND STOP IT, Just My Opinion.

and look who supports them... :shock:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:53 am

Israel are never right in their actions ,what happens to people in Israel who are not of Jewish faith is totally disgusting .Their killing of innocent women and children on a daily basis ,their destruction of peoples family homes for so called settlers .Lets not forget their acts of terror against British soldiers and police officers in the King David hotel .As I grow older my respect for the Paletine people has very much increased along with the other countries such as Syria who have a total respect for all faiths -Jews,Christians,Muslims, and whose respect also for family values and tradition should be admired .

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:14 am

GUFF wrote:Israel are never right in their actions ,what happens to people in Israel who are not of Jewish faith is totally disgusting .Their killing of innocent women and children on a daily basis ,their destruction of peoples family homes for so called settlers .Lets not forget their acts of terror against British soldiers and police officers in the King David hotel .As I grow older my respect for the Paletine people has very much increased along with the other countries such as Syria who have a total respect for all faiths -Jews,Christians,Muslims, and whose respect also for family values and tradition should be admired .

But the Palestinians elected a group that are renowned terrorists. They regularly send in suicide bombers.

The people who should be blamed are the allies of the 2nd World War. We created this mess. Through out history the Jews have been massacred and belittled. You can't blame them for defending them selves. But we shouldn't create the situation and stand back while they all start killing each other.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:21 am

In my lifetime Israel has always had the correct approach to terrorism even if it means nipping it in the bud prior to the event .

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:30 am

NO THEY ARE NOT " They Stole this land many years ago "

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:40 am

blueboys wrote:NO THEY ARE NOT " They Stole this land many years ago "

The land was stolen from them previously.

Indeed, the British hold much of the blame - when we held the mandate for the land early last century, immigration was encouraged - except Jews were blocked.

Census figures at the time showed for their to be a natural increase in population, each woman would have had to have had ten children a year...

Indeed, the UN report into the recent incident points the finger at Lebanon. Which is pretty telling as the UN certainly aren't "run by Jews"...

You've just got to look at Jordan to see how Palestinians are regarded, tbh. Iran and Syria are the major players in the situation - and let's be brutally honest, many nearby countries do not want peace. It's a handy tactic to deflect internal criticism by pointing out how "evil" "Jews" are...

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:24 am

Hamas have built hospitals ,schools and were elected by the democratic process ,the same people who defend Israel called Mandela a terrorist in the past .

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:01 am

GUFF wrote:Hamas have built hospitals ,schools and were elected by the democratic process ,the same people who defend Israel called Mandela a terrorist in the past .

Utter bollocks - I've never called Mandela a terrorist. Nice generalisation.

Hamas have also use suicide bombers to target hospitals, universities in israel which happen to have a nice mix of ethnicities in.

Indeed, Hamas started as a charity - care to mention which nation starting with "I" and ending in "srael" funded them? Over time them became miltant terrorists.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:38 am

Those same people I mean as certain people within the establishment and within the US ,not yourself .........On a change ,I would not be happy if we signed a Israeli international ......Looking forward to the season now mind ...

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:49 am

GUFF wrote:Those same people I mean as certain people within the establishment and within the US ,not yourself .........On a change ,I would not be happy if we signed a Israeli international ......Looking forward to the season now mind ...

Problem is, guff, there are two sides to every story. Most people see the headlines - and let's be honest, there's a left leaning bias. Arafat lived a rich life - private helicopters et al whilst his people suffered. His wife blasts Israel - well, she really suffered living in a very nice penthouse apartment in Paris. Indeed, enquiring minds would wonder where exactly money into the region actually went...

Araft died - Orla Guerin covering it for the BBC was openly crying...

Israel have the bad reputation because innocent people get hurt, killed. The major problem is, what isn't widely reported, is that rockets are fired into Israel every single day. Luckily there are few injuries/deaths. What then should Israel do? Attack the areas the rockets are launched, there's two options. Bomb or a street offensive.

The former option means inevitably innocent people get caught up in it - that's a consquence of the approach of the militants, who routinely have weaponry et al stored within civilian areas - in breach of UN regulations. if Israel sent the troops into say Gaza, narrow, twisty streets make it a deathtrap not only for the troops but also the residents.

The solution is a two-state system. That's the real real option available - whenever peace has threatened to break out, there's been aggression towards Israel. Arafat walked out of talks numerous times.

The real issue is more other nations do not want peace. Jordan's treatment of Palestinians is well documented., for example. Equally, people don't seem to grasp the Gaza strip is under Egyptian control.

As for signing an Israeli international, that's a silly thing to say. It's like the UK academics refusing to deal with Israeli academics. Not all israelis by default agree with all the Knessets policies or approaches...

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:43 am

the depths of stupidity that Nerd's response reaches is staggering, arrogant IDIOT!

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:45 am

VCLEE wrote:the depths of stupidity that Nerd's response reaches is staggering, arrogant IDIOT!

Thank you for that informative comment.

Fact still remains, not everything is cut and dried as simplistic as people like to think.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:52 am

nerd wrote:
VCLEE wrote:the depths of stupidity that Nerd's response reaches is staggering, arrogant IDIOT!

Fact still remains, not everything is cut and dried as simplistic as people like to think.

and on that I agree, perhaps you should heed your own advice before posting!
All the best :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:42 pm

VCLEE wrote:
nerd wrote:

and on that I agree, perhaps you should heed your own advice before posting!
All the best :ayatollah:

Your point would be valid if I blindly defended all Israel's actions - which I don't. The settlements, certainly not. The ultra religious factions views, certainly not.

My point is more that it's not an "Israel bad, others good" scenario. There are numerous other forces involved - for example, the Syrian control over Lebanon, using it as a proxy for Hezbollah. Indeed, a Lebanese politician who openly spoke out above Syrias interference was assassinated a few years ago.

Many surrounding nations could easily work as a force for good - yet refuse. That's why it's such a complex situation.

Generally, Israelis want peace, generally Palestinians want peace. Factions want Israel destroyed, "Jews driven into the water". There are thankfully small sections of the Israeli populace who are every bit as bad. I find the nations using the Palestinians and indeed Lebanon as a proxy to attack Israel to be edplorable.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:34 pm

From what I read and see about Israel's actions really upset me.There is no doubt that they are international bullies .I agree that many neighbouring countries show little or no respect to the palestinian people but what Israel is doing is ethnic cleansing .We must move forward whilst learning from the past ,what happened with the Holocaust must never be repeated but that was over 60 years ago and since that time genocide has happened in several other places in the world .Surely the population of Israel and within its backers in the states there is some sort of moral thinking person ,are is the modern day Israel full of race hate eastern europeans with no link at all to the Middle East .

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:56 pm

GUFF wrote:From what I read and see about Israel's actions really upset me.There is no doubt that they are international bullies .I agree that many neighbouring countries show little or no respect to the palestinian people but what Israel is doing is ethnic cleansing .We must move forward whilst learning from the past ,what happened with the Holocaust must never be repeated but that was over 60 years ago and since that time genocide has happened in several other places in the world .Surely the population of Israel and within its backers in the states there is some sort of moral thinking person ,are is the modern day Israel full of race hate eastern europeans with no link at all to the Middle East .

It is a mistake to impose UK/Western thinking on the Middle East and that includes Israel. Israel exists within a particularly hostile environment and we would all be wise to appreciate that. Many of the answers to changing things between the Israelis and the Palestinians lie with their neighbours. Syria is a notable bogeyman in the region and Jordan is no innocent either. Resolving issues in the region is as much dependent on these states as on Israel and the Palestinians. You are right to separate groups within Israel as there are divergent views on working towards a resolution of the conflicts, but the same is no less true among the Palestinians. Nothing is straightforward in the Middle East.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:48 pm

Palestinian land - the Israelies invaded it - enough said!
Not sitting on the fence or anything, but those israelies should be marched out
and get back to their own land.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:05 pm

problem is that you cannot turn back the clock...

jews out of palestine, jews to integrate again into all sorts of nations...
brits out of northern ireland back to england and scotland, irish move back from britain, australia and the US...
czechs out of the sudetenland and those sudetengermans back to their native land....
french and brits out of canada...
brits out of the USA...

etc

what about families who mixed? e.g. my family is mixed with sudetengermans and germans from the rhine area... or friends of mine are from ireland (both north and south)...

history is just one fault after another but life goes on...

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:12 pm

Lets not forget ...........JACKS OUT OF PORT TALBOT ,the cause of the bad air !