Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS KOUMAS ON HIS WAY?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:24 am

Rumours in the papers today that Jason Joumas is to be cardiff's 3rd singing of the season. carlccfc is this true? any rumours/news? would be a great backup for mcphail

Re: IS KOUMAS ON HIS WAY?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:30 am

I hope so, maybe Jonsey can get the best out of his abilities? :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:41 am

I think the 25 man squad rule will mean a lot of good players in the Prem, like Koumas, are in real danger of not being included in Prem squads, so while in times gone by clubs would be reluctant to let the likes of him go in case he was needed, now there is absolutely no point. I would suggest, perhaps quite obviously, it all depends on whether he is named in that 25 man squad and while I do not have an innate knowledge of Wigan's squad or Roberto's thinking, he's borderline at best. Providing the embargo is sorted in time, we would be at least as well positioned as any to be able to entice him.

I'm undecided on Koumas, he was brilliant here first time around, but I hate him for Wales by and large; lazy, uninterested etc, but in fairness, most of them look that way under Toshack. Can argue he's past his best, but credit where it's due, Jones did get the best out of him before and has a good track record with problematic players such as he. Ultimately I think he would be a fine addition to the team, let alone squad, but can't help feeling that not only do we need a more tigerish, dominant midfielder in there too, but other areas need urgent attention as well, such as a back up to Bothroyd, left back and centre half at least before we should get too excited.

This new rule will mean far more players becoming available, be it via loans or full transfers, be interesting to see the players that may come available, they may well make Koumas look like small fry in comparison!

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:02 am

He isn't the player he was 5 years ago. I'm not bothered about him signing really.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:13 am

2blue2handle wrote:He isn't the player he was 5 years ago. I'm not bothered about him signing really.

Me neither. If he replicates his Wales form then I don't really want him. He needs to be number 1 choice at a club or he gets all sulky and I can't see him being number 1 in our midfield

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:14 am

i hope so dave jones knows how to get the best out of these kind o players and their attitudes i watched wigan last year play aston villa and he absolutley run the show.so hes still got something to offer he just need regular football!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:16 am

not the koumas one again :banghead: