Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Huw Jenkins who likes to tell us all how to run a business

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:17 am

Posted before, but official now.

Oh dear ! The worst thing is he is STILL even in this article handing out 'advise' :shock:

I can't put a smiley on it, although its ironic as some poor buggers have lost a lot of money.

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/news/ ... ticle.html

Re: Huw Jenkins who likes to tell us all how to run a business

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:20 am

People in glass houses eh :roll:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:36 am

earnieblue wrote:People in glass houses eh :roll:

in our west walian friends case you should say people in fibre glass houses.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:58 am

Ah, but the difference being your club got into trouble due to complete mis-management and broken promises whereas Huw's company was a victim of the credit crunch like countless other small businesses in the UK, especially if they are involved in the building trade (like HJ's company) which suffered more than most.

The business has been sold to a competitor to pay off the debts.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:16 pm

Bloo,

Read the report his business has been shedding money for years before credit crunch so don't talk crap.
The business obviously couldn't cope with the stiff competition in this sector. There are creditors too that will lose money (read report)

If it had been run properly then either sales would have to be improved or costs reduced, mind you sales are not a strong point down your way are they as you are unable to sell more than 3000 season tickets.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:27 pm

ridofrid wrote:Bloo,

Read the report his business has been shedding money for years before credit crunch so don't talk crap.
The business obviously couldn't cope with the stiff competition in this sector. There are creditors too that will lose money (read report)

If it had been run properly then either sales would have to be improved or costs reduced, mind you sales are not a strong point down your way are they as you are unable to sell more than 3000 season tickets.

In fact over 7k ST's have been sold.
I don't see what his building firm has to do with a football club. SCFC is run solvently and correctly. He is owed over 100k from various people.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:31 pm

bloo wrote:

In fact over 7k ST's have been sold.
I don't see what his building firm has to do with a football club. SCFC is run solvently and correctly. He is owed over 100k from various people.

Ooooh, well done!

You may actually get close to half the sales of STs we've made.

For all Jenkins' whinging and whining, plenty of companies have survived the credit crunch. They may have been owed 100k, but had debts of over 400k... maths not your strong point?

Are you run solvent and correctly? I remember an Equifax report into Championship clubs; seems they gave you a credit rating lower than ours... granted, there don't seem to be the abuses we had under Ridsdale, but you're very much on the bubble.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:32 pm

bloo wrote:[ SCFC is run solvently and correctly.

How solvent would that be if yo uhad paid your rent since moving into the Liberty. We will forget about the rent you owed while at the Vetch.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:40 pm

bloo wrote:SCFC is run solvently and correctly.

Oh, and returning to this, one statement which utterly refutes your point to the extent you have no comeback.

Deal worth up to 800k for Craig Beattie.

End of debate.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:51 pm

Poor old Bloo the guy has £430,000 of debts including those to his own staff and still he thinks the man is wonderful.

Swansea in their past have also gone bust owing creditors a fortune but he conveniently forgets that. They are always taking the rise out of us on Planet gypos but all are suffering from selective memory loss.

Never mind, I wish to thank you in advance for the 6 points that we will take off you this season and look forward to seeing your huge fan base lol.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:53 pm

nerd wrote:
bloo wrote:SCFC is run solvently and correctly.

Oh, and returning to this, one statement which utterly refutes your point to the extent you have no comeback.

Deal worth up to 800k for Craig Beattie.

End of debate.

i seem to remember alot of jacks saying signing beattie for 800k (thier record signing lmfao) was a bargain and that he would bang them in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Swansea are solvent?

Wasn't there an article showing that they were the 2nd most INSOLVENT club in the Championship last season?
I think it was only Watford who beat them to that title.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:17 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Posted before, but official now.

Oh dear ! The worst thing is he is STILL even in this article handing out 'advise' :shock:

I can't put a smiley on it, although its ironic as some poor buggers have lost a lot of money.

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/news/ ... ticle.html

Didnt i read before that Caseys rent their premises from Steve Borley? Wonder if he is effected at al in all of this.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

How solvent would that be if yo uhad paid your rent since moving into the Liberty. We will forget about the rent you owed while at the Vetch.

A percentage of what we make from ticket sales goes towards our rent. We are not in arrears or behind.
Swansea did not go into administration, something that could be in store for Cardiff City.
Twice we faced a winding up order - a few less than your club.

As for the idiot on here who claims we were the second least solvent club in the CCC bar Watford, what - cardiff city are a more solvent club than Swansea City. yeah righto mate! :D

Next.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:30 pm

bloo wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

A percentage of what we make from ticket sales goes towards our rent. We are not in arrears or behind.
Swansea did not go into administration, something that could be in store for Cardiff City.
Twice we faced a winding up order - a few less than your club.

As for the idiot on here who claims we were the second least solvent club in the CCC bar Watford, what - cardiff city are a more solvent club than Swansea City. yeah righto mate! :D

Next.

You not only FACED a winding up order you WERE wound up.

You can try to spin this all you like. Your club took the creditors - twice. CCFc haven't.

Hey we've been run by some fools over the years, and some downright crooks, but no-body has ever been screwed over (except us perhaps :lol: ).

The best part of all this though is that HJ (unlike our lot) seems to think he knows it all and brags about 'the right way to do things' wheras in reality he can't even run his own company. As for the excuses about the recession, he was losing money in the good times -and plenty of other builders merchants have survived despite of it.

By your desperate attempts to try to defend him, you are getting great marks for loyalty, but very poor marks for judgment.

We all know he's not the money, or brains behind your club, so just take it as a reflection on the cock himself rather than Swansea City as a whole.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Your wrong there Lawnmower, we were hours from being wound up and if it wasn't for Doug Sharpe the first time around we would have gone out of business. The second time around it was Mel Nurse and the Swans trust who rescued us after Tony Petty sold everything that was not nailed down, helped along the way by that lowlife Lewis
You have to agree with me on one thing regarding Jenkins, he won't put the club in trouble by spending what we have not got. It took us years and years to recover from what happened when we spent god knows how much buying players to keep us competitive in the old first division and he will not gamble the clubs future like what happened in the past.

As for not screwing people over, try telling that to the chairmen at Charlton and Motherwell and god knows who else you owe money to. By facing a winding up order you are screwing the taxman by not paying on time.

If you lent me £100 and I promised I would pay you back in a week and 6 months passed you would surely think i am trying to play a fast one wouldn't you?

The moral of the whole fiasco is, don't spend what you have not got and i am sure the malaysians will think that way as they will not carry on the trend set by Sam and the Riddler.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:57 pm

bloo wrote:Your wrong there Lawnmower, we were hours from being wound up and if it wasn't for Doug Sharpe the first time around we would have gone out of business. The second time around it was Mel Nurse and the Swans trust who rescued us after Tony Petty sold everything that was not nailed down, helped along the way by that lowlife Lewis
You have to agree with me on one thing regarding Jenkins, he won't put the club in trouble by spending what we have not got. It took us years and years to recover from what happened when we spent god knows how much buying players to keep us competitive in the old first division and he will not gamble the clubs future like what happened in the past.

You'd have gone out of business if Hollins hadn't turned up late, fella. He was going to vote against the CVA, remember.

Jenkins has spent what you haven't got. Trundle sale turned loss into profit; same for Martinez compensation and no doubt money for Sousa. Don't even pretend otherwise. What you really mean is you don't let debts ramp up to ridiculous levels. Which is fair enough.

As for not screwing people over, try telling that to the chairmen at Charlton and Motherwell and god knows who else you owe money to. By facing a winding up order you are screwing the taxman by not paying on time.

And paying 5p in the pound caused some companies to go under, people losing jobs.

The moral of the whole fiasco is, don't spend what you have not got and i am sure the malaysians will think that way as they will not carry on the trend set by Sam and the Riddler.

I'm sure the Malaysians will sow greater fiscal awareness. They just won't follow the model espoused by Jenkins.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:01 pm

Bloo,

Go and check your facts butt.

You have been bust.

I feel sorry about all the staff at Caseys who will not be paid and hope they weren't any of the few that have bought season tickets.

Before you come out with any further bullshit I suggest you consult with an educated Swansea fan just in casey lol.

Don't want you appear any more stupid than you are.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:03 pm

Go and check your facts butt.

You have been bust.

I feel sorry about all the staff at Caseys who will not be paid and hope they weren't any of the few that have bought season tickets.

Before you come out with any further bullshit I suggest you consult with an educated Swansea fan just in casey lol.

Don't want you appear any more stupid than you are.

No you are wrong. If the club had gone bust the club would have gone out of existence. Read Mel Nurse's book. All the facts are in there.

At the end of the day I do not want to see Cardiff go out of business and i would not come on here and gloat even if they did. I would rather see kids walking around south wales with a Cardiff or a swansea shirt than a chelsea or a manchester utd shirt.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:00 pm

bloo wrote:At the end of the day I do not want to see Cardiff go out of business and i would not come on here and gloat even if they did. I would rather see kids walking around south wales with a Cardiff or a swansea shirt than a chelsea or a manchester utd shirt.

Well said Bloo. :ayatollah:

The worse thing that could happen to Welsh football is one of our clubs disappearing. As soon as we are down to one club then you can expect the authorities ot disband the remianing club to the Welsh league. Some will disagree with me on this but it could be a big possibility. I would feel alot more assured if Newport and Wrexham made their way back into the leagues.

Anyway back to Swansea plight in 2002. However much you Jacks want praise for saving the club your lucky break came with John Hollins failing to counter claim the CVA. He failed to put in the claim on time, not too sure how long he missed the deadline by but it was close. It must have been a hairy time for you Jacks.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:07 pm

One thing is for sure and i know people get on Toshacks back but the Welsh youth set up looks a damn site more healthy than our English set up. Being that a lot of the welsh guys get valuable game time at their clubs whereas in England they either don't get game time at all as they are at big clubs or are farmed out on loan to lower league clubs getting game here and there. That is why England are falling short as there are way too many foreigners in our top flight.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:39 pm

bloo wrote:Your wrong there Lawnmower, we were hours from being wound up and if it wasn't for Doug Sharpe the first time around we would have gone out of business. The second time around it was Mel Nurse and the Swans trust who rescued us after Tony Petty sold everything that was not nailed down, helped along the way by that lowlife Lewis

If you lent me £100 and I promised I would pay you back in a week and 6 months passed you would surely think i am trying to play a fast one wouldn't you?

If I'm wrong then your own club needs to do a better job of rewriting its history. 'Formally Wound Up on December 20th 1985.'

I won't hold my breathe for the apology. :lol:

http://www.swanseacity.net/page/History ... 54,00.html

And also, I rather get paid late than only get 5p in the £

If you think thats bad then I'll lend you £10 and you can pay me back in a week, but maybe 6.

I'll borrow £50 off you and give you £2.50 back -eventually.

Its a whole pile of crap, but it just makes me laugh when your lot go on about how well your club is run when its feckin easy after you've written all your historical debt off.

Wish you would just try and concentrate on beating us on the pitch rather than nosing into our 'off-field affairs' constantly.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:14 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

If I'm wrong then your own club needs to do a better job of rewriting its history. 'Formally Wound Up on December 20th 1985.'

If you think thats bad then I'll lend you £10 and you can pay me back in a week, but maybe 6.

Its a whole pile of crap, but it just makes me laugh when your lot go on about how well your club is run when its feckin easy after you've written all your historical debt off.

Wish you would just try and concentrate on beating us on the pitch rather than nosing into our 'off-field affairs' constantly.

1. Did the club go bust? The answer is no, the winding up order never went through as the club was rescued at the last minute. Something that Sam Hamman could have done to your club not too long ago if you remember, but he pulled out.

2. Oh that's been well taken care of many many times over the years and more recently :D

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:21 pm

bloo wrote:Something that Sam Hamman could have done to your club not too long ago if you remember, but he pulled out.

Wrong.

2. Oh that's been well taken care of many many times over the years and more recently :D

Uh-huh . League results, small sample set due to us having been above you in the league structure so often.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:23 pm

nerd wrote:
bloo wrote:Something that Sam Hamman could have done to your club not too long ago if you remember, but he pulled out.

Wrong.

Uh-huh . League results, small sample set due to us having been above you in the league structure so often.

Christmas a few years back, wasn't he threatening the club over money owed to him only for him to have a change of heart?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:30 pm

bloo wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

1. Did the club go bust? The answer is no, the winding up order never went through as the club was rescued at the last minute. Something that Sam Hamman could have done to your club not too long ago if you remember, but he pulled out.

Which bit of the sentence 'Formally Wound Up on December 20th 1985' didn't you understand

I said your club was Wound Up and I was feckin right ! The bill wasn't paid in time.

The winding up order DID PROCEED, its ther ein black and white, but the club was rescued later.

Its never happened to us for all your if's and but's.

Oh and not forgetting the administration in 2002, 5% in the £

As for on the pitch last laugh on us and 12 years of dominance in the tables. ;) and 70% of our history above you. No wonder you lot pray the financial troubles are going to stop us.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:53 pm

We did not go into administration either time - we offered our creditors CVA and they agreed both times - hardly screwing them over when they could have waited a little longer & picked over the carcass for full payment.
So you are wrong there. 0-0 on the admin front

Although you are stuffing us on the Winding Up Order court appearances. About 5-2 (OUR LAST BEING 1984) and rising.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:31 pm

CVA is admin. An IP has to be appointed therefore making it admin.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:30 am

Bakedalasker wrote:CVA is admin. An IP has to be appointed therefore making it admin.

You are correct.

Bloo, please have a read up on it. You are beginning to sound like the Iraqi Information minister.

The CVA came AFTER the administrators were called in.

This map is handy

http://thisispop.wordpress.com/2010/01/ ... and-stats/

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:07 am

I'm not an expert on them by any means & try to distance myself from the scum as much as possible - but I'm pretty sure their official name is Swansea City 1985 (or similar) which should give even the thickest of our retarded cousins a clue as to when they ceased and re-started trading.