Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BIDS FOR CHOPS AND WHITTS ?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:29 am

Late yesterday I have learned that Nottingham Forest made an improved offer for Whittingham, Billy Davies is playing the situation we have found ourselves in and after what has happened with Ledley, he is seeing how cheap he could pick Whitts up for.

A source I have in Suffolk is telling me that Roy Keane is coming in with another bid for Chopra in the next day or so, the fee mentioned was £4million, after his offer of £2.3million plus Stead was knocked back.

I have said previously that City have a price on Chops and I think that the figure mentioned would be enough for City to deal. I am being told of many names that City are talking too strikers and/or are interested in, Harewood, Folan, Vokes and Keough.

Re: BIDS FOR CHOPS AND WHITTS ?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:31 am

will be a sorry day when chops goes but every player has a price

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:32 am

6.5 million for the pair would solve a few problems

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:36 am

Chopra -> Harewood, especially since he's free, seems more than fine for me

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:52 am

Does it look like we are going to sell Michael Chopra & Peter Whittingham then Carl?

Lets hope not :( :( :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:57 am

I would not be surprised if our club is sereously concidering Marlon King as well.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:57 am

Every player has his price and if its met and the cash is offered upfront then CCFC will do business , how else are the bills going to get paid even though we were told ages ago that CCFC dont have to sell players to survive ! £6 mil in plus 1 or 2 freebies and loans and we will do ok , altho I dunno how much of the loan against mortgaged players gets paid off 1st ? :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:05 pm

I think Stead may do a job as back for Jay he is a tall guy isn't he?

Ross can score we know that he needs games though.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:07 pm

I have said previously that City have a price on Chops and I think that the figure mentioned would be enough for City to deal. I am being told of many names that City are talking too strikers and/or are interested in, Harewood, Folan, Vokes and Keough.[/quote]

Fair enough, everybody has his price. I would like to think those player's named are as back-up for Bothroyd and not a replacement for Chopra. Chopra is a finisher whereas the players named are either noted for their assists or being target men.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 pm

SORRY but after Chopras performance at wembley you can not sell him ESPECIALLY to another championship side

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:10 pm

Is the figure £5 million for Chopra & £2 million for Whittingham??? I said before, i would not be surprised by the two of them leaving by the end of this month.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:11 pm

I will be very sad if chopra is sold and anyway if we do sell, how much of that money would go into Paul Guys pocket?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:14 pm

ackers1927 wrote:I will be very sad if chopra is sold and anyway if we do sell, how much of that money would go into Paul Guys pocket?

£2 million, by Sept 1st 2010 ???

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:22 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
ackers1927 wrote:I will be very sad if chopra is sold and anyway if we do sell, how much of that money would go into Paul Guys pocket?

£2 million, by Sept 1st 2010 ???

So you could say that we are selling whitts, not to pay off the tax bill or charlton, but to pay a major shareholder who is suppose to be there to help the club?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Thats what was said in a post last night, PMG - £ 2 million by 01/09/2010.

See "The latest news" post by Carl.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:30 pm

and dont forget at least £12 mil to Langston in December ! Happy dayz :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:32 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Thats what was said in a post last night, PMG - £ 2 million by 01/09/2010.

Yeah it was mate. :ayatollah:

The point I was trying to make was that the money we will get from whitts could effectively be going to somebody who should be there to help the club, and not going to pay another bill like the tax bill.

Sort of a Enemy within

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:33 pm

JOP wrote:I think Stead may do a job as back for Jay he is a tall guy isn't he?

Ross can score we know that he needs games though.

We don't know that.

We know he can score from the penalty spot; from open play, scored as many as the prolific Bothroyd that season.

Chopra or Ross - from open play it's not even up for debate.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:37 pm

earnieblue wrote:6.5 million for the pair would solve a few problems

Only to create others?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Keogh, Vokes, Harewood and Folan are all big strikers and i can only assume that's just competition for Jay.

I honestly can't see anyone of them filling Chopras boots and adding competition for McCormack.
We'll see though, still plenty more twists and turns to come.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:40 pm

ackers1927 wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Thats what was said in a post last night, PMG - £ 2 million by 01/09/2010.

Yeah it was mate. :ayatollah:

The point I was trying to make was that the money we will get from whitts could effectively be going to somebody who should be there to help the club, and not going to pay another bill like the tax bill.

Sort of a Enemy within

You only have to cast your mind back a few months to know that, when the council sold off the land for the house of sports, where did the money go? It didn't go to pay off the tax bill then, as we were all led to beleive that it would. As far as PMG are concerned, they have acheived there objectives at Leckwith retail park/Stadium, but are owed a lot of money so are staying put untill they "milk" it out of CCAFC. As the Godfather once said "its only business", they have no love of our football club.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:10 pm

If we bring in a big striker, and let Ross replace Chopra, I don't see a big problem there. Chopra had a brilliant last season, but if we get like 4/5 millions I'll be happy

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:13 pm

quadsas wrote:If we bring in a big striker, and let Ross replace Chopra, I don't see a big problem there. Chopra had a brilliant last season, but if we get like 4/5 millions I'll be happy

Yes, and me, Harewood to replace Chopra and one of the other 3 to battle it out with Jay.

We'd need another winger then, mind, if Ross will solely be a striker.

To confusing for my liking :lol:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:42 pm

Jarvis also seems to be more of a chopra type than a target man. Although I don't know how much the club expect him to be involved in the first team this season.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:57 pm

If we get close to £2 million for Whitts, let him go. As long as the embargo is lifted, we can replace him. I think he could be a 1 season wonder anyway

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:01 pm

ackers1927 wrote:
So you could say that we are selling whitts, not to pay off the tax bill or charlton, but to pay a major shareholder who is suppose to be there to help the club?

What makes you think that a shareholder is there to "help the club"? He has other shareholders in other businesses to whom he is responsible as well. He is not only playing with his own money, but that belonging to other people as well and you can't blame anyone for doing their best to get their money back in this situation.

We have used them to build a modern stadium - they have used us to make some money - fairs fair, I would say.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:06 pm

Would Harewood be a replacement for Chops? I always thought of Harewood as a target man, that said in his West Ham days he did managed a few goals, all be it 5 or 6 years ago! I cant see Ross being the best replacement for Chops, so far he has only had one good season. Last season he only managed 5 goals, admittadley he was on the bench a lot but I think most would agree he was not at his best. I think Chops will be hard act to follow, he works very hard for the team and his goal scoring record for us is pretty good. If we do sell him how much of the 4mil will DJ see? Probably not a lot. If we managed to replace him with someone like Nicky Maynard it might be good business, not that the worzels would let him go. Maybe we could get Earnie back as part of the deal to take Whitts to Forest!!! Not sure if Earnie could ever recapture his form he had when he was first with us. If Chops does go to Ipswich I cant see the point of taking Jon Stead as part of the deal, he's never really impressed me. Fingers crossed we can hold on to Chopra.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:09 pm

why would chopra want to move clubs anyway @sunderland he couldnt even make the bench under keane at some games even when he wasnt injured or personal problems and mostly made the bench and he sold him to us when he was there so i dont get it why go to a mid-table side from us playoffs team ect as for ppl talking about the names mentioned in this thread alot of them are on more money than chops so i carnt see it myself :roll:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:15 pm

We have got to keep Chopra, simple as! After his performance at wembley compared to Whitts performance, i'd rather see whitss leave than chops.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:19 pm

Id love to see them both stay at the club