Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

if the club sell whitts or chopra ?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:42 pm

for a decent price i wont be to dissapointed and will respect the clubs decisions..
i think they know what their doing and sometimes theres a need to take a step back to move forward :ayatollah:

Re: if the club sell whitts or chopra ?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:09 pm

I wouldn't mind aslongs we replace them

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:24 pm

I am worried the money wont go towards team strengthening but into the eggheads hands. Yes we need to cut cloth as that is what we wanted. But to loose 3 influential players without replacing them is going to make for a shite season. There has been no positive news coming out of our club for a long time its depressing. :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :(

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:28 pm

thats the problem how much will the eggs take :?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I am worried the money wont go towards team strengthening but into the eggheads hands. Yes we need to cut cloth as that is what we wanted. But to loose 3 influential players without replacing them is going to make for a shite season. There has been no positive news coming out of our club for a long time its depressing. :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :(

if we are willing to sell chops or whitts i think theres good replacements ready to come in..

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Who because the names people are throwing around on here are on or have had better wages than chops/whitts how can that be cutbacks i mean if we get fees for both it will only go in the the black hole of debt and fat cats wanting money back EG/loovens,johnson both sold for estimated 9million yet we replaces them with hudson 1million(waste of money)and gerrard 350k thats 1.35mill wheres the other 7.6mill go any1 know im guessing the HOLE of debt behind the club so it will be same thing, also who wants to go work anywhere if u dont even get paid most months +bonus delays not on time players will not want to come to are club as everyones lol@it rite now due to the mess we are in

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:36 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Who because the names people are throwing around on here are on or have had better wages than chops/whitts how can that be cutbacks i mean if we get fees for both it will only go in the the black hole of debt and fat cats wanting money back EG/loovens,johnson both sold for estimated 9million yet we replaces them with hudson 1million(waste of money)and gerrard 350k thats 1.35mill wheres the other 7.6mill go any1 know im guessing the HOLE of debt behind the club so it will be same thing, also who wants to go work anywhere if u dont even get paid most months +bonus delays not on time players will not want to come to are club as everyones lol@it rite now due to the mess we are in

Agree with that the money just goes to the debt, but thats just the way it is. But remember how much we paid for Johnson and Loovens to sell them on for that, Dave has a cracking eye for lower league players who are willing to step up. I think Gerrard has been brilliant and a good gamble, there are plenty of others down in the lower league he probably has his eye on. Us selling and not spending can't go on forever but for the time being it has to, I'm fully confident that if we sell Whitts and Chops for good money Dave will bring in replacements for a fifth of the price.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:49 pm

LiamD wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Who because the names people are throwing around on here are on or have had better wages than chops/whitts how can that be cutbacks i mean if we get fees for both it will only go in the the black hole of debt and fat cats wanting money back EG/loovens,johnson both sold for estimated 9million yet we replaces them with hudson 1million(waste of money)and gerrard 350k thats 1.35mill wheres the other 7.6mill go any1 know im guessing the HOLE of debt behind the club so it will be same thing, also who wants to go work anywhere if u dont even get paid most months +bonus delays not on time players will not want to come to are club as everyones lol@it rite now due to the mess we are in

Agree with that the money just goes to the debt, but thats just the way it is. But remember how much we paid for Johnson and Loovens to sell them on for that, Dave has a cracking eye for lower league players who are willing to step up. I think Gerrard has been brilliant and a good gamble, there are plenty of others down in the lower league he probably has his eye on. Us selling and not spending can't go on forever but for the time being it has to, I'm fully confident that if we sell Whitts and Chops for good money Dave will bring in replacements for a fifth of the price.

i agree he has got a good eye for some but hudson is the worst sigining ive seen in years tbh franky turtles turn faster than him on speed the guy cost us so many goals last year it was a joke but still theres stacks of talent in lower leagues that can do a job for us :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:24 pm

If they do go, surely the money will have to be used to pay debts and keep us going for the next few months. Are these two part of the deal that Ridsdale did, where they were security against a loan? I can't remember the exact term for the deal that was done. I'd be happier if the present incumbents showed the same sort of commitment that Sam showed, all be it with a bit more prudence.