Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marlon King - How Would You Feel ?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:10 pm

If Dave Jones decided to try and bring in Marlon King, how would you feel about it ?

I think that he has served his time and should therefore be given the chance to resurrect his career, I am in no way condoning what he has done but as I said he has served his time.

Going on DJ's previous could he also get the best out of King ?

Re: Marlon King - How Would You Feel ?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm getting vibes that he's been approached by us, Could do a job, i'm 50/50 myself.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:12 pm

I did a little time in one her majesty's hotels a few years ago and was given a second chance. Although it wasn't for anything like what Marlon King did, I was grateful of a second chance and have never let anyone down since. He's done his time and deserves a break but he will always divide opinion strongly

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Heard a whisper Carl? Ha.

I'd like it, we need a hate figure nobody likes. Obviously what he's done is wrong but he's a proven goalscorer in this division and should Chopra go which looks likely, I don't see why not. He wont be on £20k like Chops either.

Nobody wanted Bothroyd here when we signed him and Jones has turned him around, now he's indispensable. Don't see why he can have a similar effect.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:17 pm

If he could do a good job for us I think everyone would soon forget about his criminal past. If he's shit everyone will hate him. Simple as that.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Sign him up. Awesome player at this level that Jones could ressurect :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:21 pm

He's served his time, if we don't give him a chance someone else will. Notts County took a punt on Lee Hughes (who caused someone death by dangerous driving) far far worse than any of the many many things that King has done wrong.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:22 pm

Carl I think its more about how the other players would feel and react. I'm pretty sure there would be some who wouldnt want to set foot on the same pitch. I would imagine that there are various levels of morality with our players and even a small split in the camp is a spilt too many. He would have to put up with a lot of shit from opposing fans at every game too which may in turn effect his ability to perform at his previous levels.

Personally I think he should be given a chance to at least earn a living from what he knows and does best which is playing football and scoring goals. I dont have to like him I just want CCFC to be successful. He's a proven quality goal scorer which if Chops goes we'll need as McCormack just isnt prolific enough, but what will it do to he squad???

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I did a little time in one her majesty's hotels a few years ago and was given a second chance. Although it wasn't for anything like what Marlon King did, I was grateful of a second chance and have never let anyone down since. He's done his time and deserves a break but he will always divide opinion strongly

Problem i've got is that he's had about 13 second chances.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:23 pm

I think we should sign him, i know what he done was discussing but he has served his time.

He is a known goal scorer too. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:24 pm

We've had our fair share of ex-cons here before, haven't we?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:26 pm

sign he up beggars cant be choosers :D

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:29 pm

His a coward who beats women, let the c**t rot

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:30 pm

THE DON wrote:If he could do a good job for us I think everyone would soon forget about his criminal past. If he's shit everyone will hate him. Simple as that.

Succinctly put!

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:36 pm

he beats women and hes on the sex offenders register for 7 years !!!!....get a grip people ,we have enoough shit off other fans ,however you look at it we should go nowhere near this guy,whose also got plenty of previous convictions.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:40 pm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6896226.ece

Quite a few previous listed in this article........will he change his ways?

I doubt it somehow!

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:46 pm

carlccfc wrote:If Dave Jones decided to try and bring in Marlon King, how would you feel about it ?

I think that he has served his time and should therefore be given the chance to resurrect his career, I am in no way condoning what he has done but as I said he has served his time.

Going on DJ's previous could he also get the best out of King ?

I would be disgusted if we signed him. Not to the extent that some have said they would hand back their season tickets , but I certainly couldn`t bring myself to applaud him if he scored or even when he comes on the pitch.

I am all in favour of giving people another chance when they have made a mistake or even have a criminal record , but how many chances do this guy and his agent (Finnigan doesn`t have the best of reputations himself) expect?

Not only has he physically attacked two women in seperate unprovoked incidents , but doesn`t he also have a history of something like 10 or 12 other criminal offences over the years on top of that?

Seems like a totally horrible individual who has been incapable of taking a second (or maybe 11th?) chance given to mend his ways. Why would anyone want him anywhere near our club?

Keith

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:49 pm

I am all for giving people a second chance, but how many more chances does this bloke want.
I would not be happy one bit at himjoining but when he puts on that shirt he is no different. But I would not sing his name.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:49 pm

I don't give a shit. Player's performance on the pitch is what matters. He is a good player, and could be direct replacement for Chopra, as he's "finisher"

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Amazing isn't it?

People claiming they don't care as long as he performs on a pitch.

Yet if his offences were against children, they'd not have that view. No, sexually assaulting women seems to be fine...

His list of offences indicates the chance of reform isn't great.

IF he did sign, I'm not going to destroy my ST card. But I sure as hell won't applaud the scum, will be booing.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:05 pm

NEVER,NEVER,NEVER.

The thought of him playing for us disgusts me.

How can the club promote itself around the schools with him on our books.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:10 pm

NO NO NO and NO again

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:12 pm

quadsas wrote:I don't give a shit. Player's performance on the pitch is what matters. He is a good player, and could be direct replacement for Chopra, as he's "finisher"

So , where would you draw the line personally as to a player`s off the field record?

Would you have the same attitude if Pol Pot or Peter Sutcliffe was a footballer and we were to sign them ?

Do you have a line of acceptability at all , if so where ?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:25 pm

nerd wrote:Amazing isn't it?

People claiming they don't care as long as he performs on a pitch.

Yet if his offences were against children, they'd not have that view. No, sexually assaulting women seems to be fine...

His list of offences indicates the chance of reform isn't great.

IF he did sign, I'm not going to destroy my ST card. But I sure as hell won't applaud the scum, will be booing.

That's nonce-sence! :P

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:26 pm

He's a convicted rapist. Shouldn't have ever been released in my view and I would boo him all game.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:34 pm

If he scores plenty of goals then f**k it.

What's done is done. If we don't someone else will and it could cost us.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm

since62 wrote:
quadsas wrote:I don't give a shit. Player's performance on the pitch is what matters. He is a good player, and could be direct replacement for Chopra, as he's "finisher"

So , where would you draw the line personally as to a player`s off the field record?

Would you have the same attitude if Pol Pot or Peter Sutcliffe was a footballer and we were to sign them ?

Do you have a line of acceptability at all , if so where ?

You may joke but if we can sign Schwinkendorf...........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Sutcliffe_(footballer)

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:57 pm

As a female, I would feel betrayed by CCFC if they signed him

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Disgusted, all for giving anyone a second chance and all that, but this individuals "actions" on numerous occasions are unforgiveable. Perhaps we should sign Mike Tyson up as well. The club could well do without signing this type of trash. :evil:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:07 pm

No way. Yes he has served his time but looked what he served it for. Sorry but I will feel very uncomfortable if he plays for us.