Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

order of posts

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Is it not possible to get the topic with the last post at the top of the screen?
The topics seem to be in no specific order and as a result posters can post the same 'news' as others without noticing the topic has been covered earlier.
Just a thought.

Re: order of posts

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Excellent idea posts are all over the place and it needs to be in a set order

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Great idea,sort it out Annis please. :old:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:30 pm

veryoldbluebird wrote:Great idea,sort it out Annis please. :old:

Speak to Owain and Carl, I am off now to THE WORLD CUP WINNERS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:34 pm

It is because there are too many stickys

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:35 pm

The layout of the board is as follows

TOP OF BOARD - Announcements

For Sale/Wanted
Introduce yourself

The there is a number of stickys, which generally change everyday or so. At present there is 7 stickys -

Fav Ninian memories
How would you feel if ' Jason Koumas'
CCFC Vs SUFC
The Brunswick Challenge
The Drag Along Option
The Latest News
PMG

The stickys are there to allow them to remain at the top of the board giving the maximum number of posters the opportunity to post on them over a couple of days period.

The under the stickys are the 'normal posts' which run in order of last post at the top.

Hope this helps everyone understand how the board is run and set up. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:The layout of the board is as follows

For Sale/Wanted
Introduce yourself

The there is a number of stickys, which generally change everyday or so. At present there is 7 stickys -

Fav Ninian memories
CCFC Vs SUFC
The Brunswick Challenge
The Drag Along Option
The Latest News
PMG

The stickys are there to allow them to remain at the top of the board giving the maximum number of posters the opportunity to post on them over a couple of days period.

The under the stickys are the 'normal posts' which run in order of last post at the top.

Hope this helps everyone understand how the board is run and set up. :ayatollah:

I think that there should be more categories on the main page:

currently you see:

General Chat
For Sale/Wanted
Charity football match

when really it should be:

* Football - Anything related to the football side of the club

* Fixtures and Results (scores & scorers)

* Away Matches - Tickets,Organisation and Transport

* General Chat - Off topic discussions (*with adult warning! :lol: )

* Business - Finances/Board Room/Owners/Shareholders discussions

* For sale/wanted Page

I think that would re-organise this ever growing MB and give it a bit more stability and interest!
All the above is easy to do as I use to run a forum relating to gaming a few years ago! Just got to go into the MB settings and make a few adjustments.

I think this forum is now at a point and size where administrative changes need to be made to help maintain and the site and to help it grow further.

thats my 2 cents anyway! :old:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Merlin wrote:

For Sale/Wanted
Introduce yourself

Fav Ninian memories
CCFC Vs SUFC
The Brunswick Challenge
The Drag Along Option
The Latest News
PMG

I think that there should be more categories on the main page:

currently you see:

General Chat
For Sale/Wanted
Charity football match

when really it should be:

* Football - Anything related to the football side of the club

* Fixtures and Results (scores & scorers)

* Away Matches - Tickets,Organisation and Transport

* General Chat - Off topic discussions (*with adult warning! :lol: )

* Business - Finances/Board Room/Owners/Shareholders discussions

* For sale/wanted Page

I think that would re-organise this ever growing MB and give it a bit more stability and interest!
All the above is easy to do as I use to run a forum relating to gaming a few years ago! Just got to go into the MB settings and make a few adjustments.

I think this forum is now at a point and size where administrative changes need to be made to help maintain and the site and to help it grow further.

thats my 2 cents anyway! :old:

Craig cheers for your input but at present we are happy with how it is running but we are continually monitoring it and you have given us some food for thought :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:02 pm

Seems a few people have got confused by this.

Perhaps the stickys automatically go a different a colour or something?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:08 pm

loadsa51 wrote:Is it not possible to get the topic with the last post at the top of the screen?
The topics seem to be in no specific order and as a result posters can post the same 'news' as others without noticing the topic has been covered earlier.
Just a thought.

It's a bit of a pain, as the stickies look like ordinary posts - so it looks as if there haven't been much recent posts :lol:

Merlin wrote:I think that there should be more categories on the main page:

The only problem with that is that people won't read/post as much in the other sections, so posts will go unread/unanswered.
I think it's fine as it is at the moment, but if the post numbers did carry on growing it would be something to look at, even if it was just a football/other split.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:09 pm

No worries guys! just thought I'd put it out there anyway!

Smashing Job - and BEST message board since the cavemen! keep it up..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:18 pm

I think there should be a football and everything else forum.
In the everything else forum have a sticky jokes thread :D

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:49 am

For Sale/Wanted
Introduce yourself

Fav Ninian memories
CCFC Vs SUFC
The Brunswick Challenge
The Drag Along Option
The Latest News
PMG

Thanks for explaining this.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:59 am

I always click on BOARD INDEX followed by VIEW NEW POSTS which works for me , although if the latest post is a for sale item then that goes to the top temporarilly . Too many topics would lead to chaos and overkill here , this board is very good as it currently is :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:I always click on BOARD INDEX followed by VIEW NEW POSTS which works for me , although if the latest post is a for sale item then that goes to the top temporarilly . Too many topics would lead to chaos and overkill here , this board is very good as it currently is :ayatollah:

Yeah that's what I sometime do as I prefer it without anything at the top. Much easier when browsing on my phone too, which is quite often now that I seemingly spend most of my time on the train!

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:47 pm

Owain wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:I always click on BOARD INDEX followed by VIEW NEW POSTS which works for me , although if the latest post is a for sale item then that goes to the top temporarilly . Too many topics would lead to chaos and overkill here , this board is very good as it currently is :ayatollah:

Yeah that's what I sometime do as I prefer it without anything at the top. Much easier when browsing on my phone too, which is quite often now that I seemingly spend most of my time on the train!

your not on your phone now cause your not answering it :lol:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks for the Tip. Works a treat. :ayatollah: