Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Met With some Malaysians today

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:15 pm

We had lunch at the complete Angler in Marlow, just up the road from Bisham Abbey, if you ever in that area try it for sure, sat beautifully next to the Thames. Now these chaps are heavily connected in the business world in Malaysia. Their outlook is as follows on Cardiff City when the subject came to football as it always does as the international lingo of the world.

TG has fallen in love with the Club whilst VT is not interested at all since missing prem football. THEIR CLAIM not mine.

Would probably explain the drip feeding to the Club of money. TG is insitant though on see the job through.

Good luck TG if this is in fact the case, which did sound like it was. Also APPARANTLY he is looking for investors/partners.

Re: Met With some Malaysians today

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:19 pm

If TG loves the club, that's only a good thing :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:21 pm

did they think that vincent tan would pull out ?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm

quadsas wrote:If TG loves the club, that's only a good thing :ayatollah:

Yup.... and everyone should back him, even if hes not as loaded as VT. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:24 pm

I dont think TG would have as much trouble at finding business partners than what Ridsdale did!! The man is a whole league and more above the cheating robbing scum of the north, and will become one of the greatest men in CCFC Board room history - I know the shit has hit the fan on more than one occasions, but this is from the previous regime, and one that TG is intent on cleaning up and getting the job done in helping CCFC to thrive as a club as well as in business!

Keep up the good work TG! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:24 pm

the blue path wrote:did they think that vincent tan would pull out ?

IF someone was to replace him for his current investment was what THEY claimed. No major rush though its small change to him but we shouldnt expect a football frenzy takeover by a billionaire either.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:26 pm

Merlin wrote:I dont think TG would have as much trouble at finding business partners than what Ridsdale did!! The man is a whole league and more above the cheating robbing scum of the north, and will become one of the greatest men in CCFC Board room history - I know the shit has hit the fan on more than one occasions, but this is from the previous regime, and one that TG is intent on cleaning up and getting the job done in helping CCFC to thrive as a club as well as in business!

Keep up the good work TG! :ayatollah:

From my understanding he is talking to parties and one of them is in my Avatar!

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:36 pm

i'm not falling for a tony fernandes rumour again

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:39 pm

the blue path wrote:i'm not falling for a tony fernandes rumour again

He has held talks with him thats defo, they are actually neighbours too, TG told me that, as if these " talks" turn into anything more who knows, but TG is looking for investment/partners in his CCFC project.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:48 pm

it would be superb if things did materialise because we know fernandes likes his football :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:54 pm

the blue path wrote:it would be superb if things did materialise because we know fernandes likes his football :ayatollah:

So will we be able to see a 2 ft Bluebird crest on an F1 car soon!! :lol:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:58 pm

I know VT is a billionaire, but what's TG worth?

It's probably been mentioned before, but i don't think i've read it anywhere .

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Ross Young wrote:I know VT is a billionaire, but what's TG worth?

It's probably been mentioned before, but i don't think i've read it anywhere .

Less than Ben Steele :roll:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:09 pm

Trouble is Tony Fernandez/Air Asia already has Manure Utd as their official Asia airline and gets a lot of publicity out here from that.

My mate knows him quite well and reckons he is keen to expand his European presence and increase his share of the long haul flights from Europe to Asia so you never know

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:10 am

Fancy meeting up in Sept for grand prix weekend.... you live in a great place u lucky bugger..... orchard towers ! :oops:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:15 am

Daya wrote:
the blue path wrote:did they think that vincent tan would pull out ?

IF someone was to replace him for his current investment was what THEY claimed. No major rush though its small change to him but we shouldnt expect a football frenzy takeover by a billionaire either.

So where is the cash for the wages/HMRC/debts coming from?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:19 am

I thought that VT's son Eugene is a director too ? :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:29 pm

I met some Malaysians today as well! Slightly different to TG & VT, my new friends own a takeaway in Penarth! They have heard of VT and knew all about him and his involement in the City. Shame they have not got as much money as him, nice people though.