Would you sell Chops £4 Mill swop Whits for Earnie + £1 Mill

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:35 pm

????????????

Re: Would you sell Chops £4 Mill swop Whits for Earnie + £1 Mill

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:40 pm

Yes most definitely.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Yes because Earnie is the kind of player that replaces Chops, and £1m could probably replace Whitts if spent wisely! ;)

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:46 pm

yes most definatley would. earnie scores goals for fun in this league!!just like chops and the 1 million pound would go on george boyd from peterboro.sweeeeeeeet :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

p.s it aint gonna happen tho. :lol:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:55 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:yes most definatley would. earnie scores goals for fun in this league!!just like chops and the 1 million pound would go on george boyd from peterboro.sweeeeeeeet :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

p.s it aint gonna happen tho. :lol:

We can dream, I wonder if there is any sort of deal to be done with Earnie, he would seem a great replacement for Chops if he was to go ???

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:59 pm

Yes defo yes :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Earnie can't replace Chops - he is nowhere near the player. I'm amazed that people are putting him in the same bracket to be honest?

His workrate and movement is far lower, his overall ability on the ball is inferior and his finishing isn't off the same quality.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Bluebina wrote:????????????

its not going to happen :roll:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:17 pm

I would rather sell chops and whits for 6.5mil
allowing us to sign koren, harewood, Jason Roberts, bellamy and naylor

that would do nicely,

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:19 pm

rymo wrote:I would rather sell chops and whits for 6.5mil
allowing us to sign koren, harewood, Jason Roberts, bellamy and naylor

that would do nicely,

then u realised it was a dream lol

Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:23 am

Got to say YES! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:57 am

Definitley, rip your arm off! It would ease the financial side a little, while despite a £5m profit on the suggested deal, be virtually none the weaker for it (bearing in mind Koumas to replace Whitts too). Yes, some people are quite right to point out Earnie's inferiority to Chops in so many ways, Earnie at times seems as if he doesn't know what he's doing, let alone us, but he has that priceless nack of scoring goals. Besides, for all the platitudes bestowed upon Chops, he's not that great himself and strong, valid arguments can be made that they are of a very similar level. Both are prolific at this level, yet have been found wanting at Prem level, in fact, you could argue Earnie made a better fist of it and has more mitigating factors as to why he didn't succeed in that he wasn't given a better craic under the mercurial Bryan Robson at WBA... No doubt Chopra looks the part with his general play in a different stratosphere to Earnie and generally looking the more accomplished player by far, but goalscoring strikers are employed to do just that, score goals, and in that there is very little difference at all. In fact, given the huge barren periods that Chopra goes through (all strikers get them, but Chopra's are far longer than most) I think I would prefer Earnie. Besides, aren't we forgetting that a porky little drunkard already here might feel a little more wanted too?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:32 am

Lol yes bluebirb77 lol

Re: Would you sell Chops £4 Mill swop Whits for Ernie + £1 Mill

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:05 am

I thought Boyd left Peterborough and went to the Toon :shock: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:33 am

Bluebina wrote:????????????

earnies not as good as chops.

it wouldnt be good to lose both chops and whits, 40+ goals between them last season

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:16 pm

If the money was used to the benefit of CCFC and not PMG then i would accept it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:19 pm

NEVER!

We need Chops and Whitts but if Whitts has to go to finance deals then I trust DJ knows what he's doing. I would not want Earnshaw back ever. He left the Club after doing very little for the last 6 months, allegedly caused problems over image rights and didn't pass to one player for that period of time. I just feel it would be a retrograde step. We need a target man not 3 smaller strikers. I think we need Stead or Harewood instead.

StT.

Re: Would you sell Chops £4 Mill swop Whits for Ernie + £1 Mill

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:50 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:NEVER!

We need Chops and Whitts but if Whitts has to go to finance deals then I trust DJ knows what he's doing. I would not want Earnshaw back ever. He left the Club after doing very little for the last 6 months, allegedly caused problems over image rights and didn't pass to one player for that period of time. I just feel it would be a retrograde step. We need a target man not 3 smaller strikers. I think we need Stead or Harewood instead.

StT.

First I've heard of that Chief :shock: Earnie is a down to earth guy Ive met him a few times. He isn't up himself and Forrest fans talk highly of him. He was Forrest's highest scorer i think last season so give him a chance.
And how many goals did Chops score for the last 2/3 of the season. Don't get me wrong i loves Chops but Earnie will always be SPECIAL. :ayatollah: