Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Morally Marlon King or Ross McCormack

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Clipping a young lady or drink driving ? Morally both despicable acts but I don't recollect Ross getting too much grief last season.

Re: Morally Marlon King or Ross McCormack

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Plenty of people criticised Ross.

If you want to make the analogy though, might help if you researched King."Clipped" is hardly the term to use to discuss that incident or his history.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:44 pm

I certainly dont class Kings incident in the same league as that of the Plymouth keeper or especially Lee Hughes.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:44 pm

dorsetblue wrote:Clipping a young lady or drink driving ? Morally both despicable acts but I don't recollect Ross getting too much grief last season.

Neither are good.

But one had 14 incidents to apologise for when the other has one.

1 caused no injury the other did.

One is on the Sex Offender's Register, the other has lost his license for a bit.
One got 6 months, the other a fine.

No comparison.

King should NEVER be allowed at our (or any other football league ) club.

King also doesn't appear to hold any remorse either.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Is Rossco just lucky though? he could have easily killed someone as he clearly wasnt in any control of his car.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:52 pm

KIng shouldn't be on this planet never mind our club.

The man is on the sex register- children involved ffs- i cannot believe that we are even discussing this.

If he comes to the club that will be it as far as I am concerned.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:55 pm

Marlon King thought that a good way to celebrate his wifes pregnancy was to go out, chat up a girl and sexually assault her and punch her when she rejected it.

Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick were very stupid, selfish and bang out of order. But they didn't intentionally set out to hurt anyone. King did. King wanted to hurt someone.

I'm not saying what King did was worse that what McCormick or Hughes did, but the fact that King punched a woman, shows just how unstable and evil he is.

As I said on a previous thread, as a woman, I would be offended if he signed for the club.

Plus, it wasn't the first time he's been in prison.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Is Rossco just lucky though? he could have easily killed someone as he clearly wasnt in any control of his car.

Yes he's lucky. As are all the poeple who've done it and not got caught.

But there is the difference. What he did was VERY STUPID. What King did was vile.

By the same argument King could have killed the girl with his punch.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:00 pm

dorsetblue wrote:Clipping a young lady or drink driving ? Morally both despicable acts but I don't recollect Ross getting too much grief last season.

Clip........? Are real, he punched a 20yr old girl straight in the face and broke her nose after he groped her because she spurned him. He has 12 other convictions along the same lines. He is scum, simple as that. You can give offenders 2nd chances for so long, this fella will never change, if I recall correctly this incident happened as he was out celebrating the pregnancy of his misses, god help her and his children.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:02 pm

PhatFrog wrote:Marlon King thought that a good way to celebrate his wifes pregnancy was to go out, chat up a girl and sexually assault her and punch her when she rejected it.

Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick were very stupid, selfish and bang out of order. But they didn't intentionally set out to hurt anyone. King did. King wanted to hurt someone.

I'm not saying what King did was worse that what McCormick or Hughes did, but the fact that King punched a woman, shows just how unstable and evil he is.

As I said on a previous thread, as a woman, I would be offended if he signed for the club.

King is a scum bag Phatfrog - but likewise Hughes and McCormick - they knew what they were doing - if I go out for a beer I get the missus to drive or I get a cab - these boys are all on big bucks - no excuse - drink driving or battery both inexcusable.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:04 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:Marlon King thought that a good way to celebrate his wifes pregnancy was to go out, chat up a girl and sexually assault her and punch her when she rejected it.

King is a scum bag Phatfrog - but likewise Hughes and McCormick - they knew what they were doing - if I go out for a beer I get the missus to drive or I get a cab - these boys are all on big bucks - no excuse - drink driving or battery both inexcusable.

But the 'crimes' aren't on the same level with McCormack and King.

Hughes is a different story again, but King is a repeat offender. Its not a SECOND CHANCE at all, its a feckin 14th one.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Lee Hughes is despised by all but Notts County fans. McCormick likewise when he comes out of prison will also be by all but the fans of the club he signs for. My choice of words was wrong but I was looking for a debate between violence and drink driving. I don't want King at our club but if Ross had killed a young family then likewise I wouldn't want him - that night he was lucky he hit nothing but a wall.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:19 pm

Dorset

I agree about Hughes and Luke McCormick. Their crime was worse because they killed people. But they didn't set out to hurt anyone. King did. King had no qualms about hurting someone and showed no remorse.
I hate drink drivers, but King is evil. I don't believe Hughes or McCormick are. Just very very stupid people who didn't think about the possible consequences of what they doing. But that's not an excuse for them. But as I said, I don't think they are evil.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:23 pm

PhatFrog wrote:Dorset

I agree about Hughes and Luke McCormick. Their crime was worse because they killed people. But they didn't set out to hurt anyone. King did. King had no qualms about hurting someone and showed no remorse.
I hate drink drivers, but King is evil. I don't believe Hughes or McCormick are. Just very very stupid people who didn't think about the possible consequences of what they doing. But that's not an excuse for them. But as I said, I don't think they are evil.

Cheers fella I agree - 3 footballers all given an opportunity to do so much with their lives, but all through having a drink have wrecked so many more - Marlon King in a City Shirt - no thanks.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:39 pm

This is potentially an area for the supporters trust to become involved - if, and it is a big if, it looks like the club are considering signing King, I would like the trust to take the matter up with he club and persuade them to reconsider.

As a club if we are trying to move forward, improve our image etc it won't do us any favours signing a player with his history outside of the game.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:06 am

ridofrid wrote:KIng shouldn't be on this planet never mind our club.

The man is on the sex register- children involved ffs- i cannot believe that we are even discussing this.

Playing Devils advocate, what if he could come in score 20 goals plus, get us to the premiership, turn to God and change his ways ????

And kiss the badge, and tell the world that Cardiff City are the best club ever and have made hi realise his past mistakes !!!

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:24 am

Bluebina wrote:
ridofrid wrote:KIng shouldn't be on this planet never mind our club.

Playing Devils advocate, what if he could come in score 20 goals plus, get us to the premiership, turn to God and change his ways ????

And kiss the badge, and tell the world that Cardiff City are the best club ever and have made hi realise his past mistakes !!!

I don't care if he scored 40 goals this vile individual should never wear our shirt, he is a disgrace to the male race !!

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:32 am

Lawnmower wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:

But the 'crimes' aren't on the same level with McCormack and King.

Hughes is a different story again, but King is a repeat offender. Its not a SECOND CHANCE at all, its a feckin 14th one.

But Tim you are assuming that Hughes and McCormack have only ever driven drunk on those occasions when they were caught. Whilst we don't know for sure the balance of probabilities is they have driven drunk before being caught and are therefore 'repeat offenders'

In the case of Hughes that resulted in a death and whilst I don't argue that King's actions are despicable he is yet to cause the death of anyone.