Re: Who is your number 1 Keeper?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Marshall by a distance

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:20 pm

SCOTLANDS NUMBER 1 :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:27 pm

I think having seen the pre season games, it has to be heaton. I like Marshall don't get me wrong he's a great keeper but I think the play off defeat may have shot his confidence, he's made a few big blunders pre season and I hope it doesnt come back to haunt him.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:29 pm

Marshall is the best keeper post Sam.

Its hard to compare keepers Pre-Sam as the standard of football was a lot lower.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:31 pm

whers the BEN option? :cry:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:35 pm

Ben wrote:whers the BEN option? :cry:

Was wondering the same!

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:37 pm

Heaton for me marshall is suspect in a lot of areas

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:38 pm

For me its either Heaton or Marshall

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:51 pm

heaton as hes not wearing the same boots as marshall with NO MORE NAILS on that make him stick to the goal line

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:13 am

I thought Heaton got unfairly criticised by a lot of fans when he was here before. Things did go slightly wrong for him after a point in truth, but he generally showed a lot of promise and is an excellent signing for me. Marshall is by some distance the best as it stands, though, but that is not irreversible I believe. Marshall, for all his faults, and there are a few, is the first match winning goalkeeper I can remember us having (Reading away especially sticks out, though those with better memories will I'm sure recall others too), only Alexander in his final season here coming close. I think we have been weak in goal for all bar Alexander's last season or so with us, while both are far from perfect, we are lucky to have 2 very good, young keepers who are also open to improvement.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:11 pm

No contest, Marshall is twice the keeper. We spent bloody ages looking for an Alexander replacement, now we've found one, people want to get rid of him for sodding Heaton.

Barring Arsenal away, Heaton was always a very average keeper

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:17 pm

I like Heaton but Marshall seems the more reliable and consistent keeper for me

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:19 pm

saladthedragon wrote:I thought Heaton got unfairly criticised by a lot of fans when he was here before. Things did go slightly wrong for him after a point in truth, but he generally showed a lot of promise and is an excellent signing for me. Marshall is by some distance the best as it stands, though, but that is not irreversible I believe. Marshall, for all his faults, and there are a few, is the first match winning goalkeeper I can remember us having (Reading away especially sticks out, though those with better memories will I'm sure recall others too), only Alexander in his final season here coming close. I think we have been weak in goal for all bar Alexander's last season or so with us, while both are far from perfect, we are lucky to have 2 very good, young keepers who are also open to improvement.

I thought the best individual performance by a keeper I can remember was Schmeichel at Leicester a few years back

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:29 pm

Indeed, but we never really had Schmeicel did we (unfortunately)? Loan players are hard to bring into the equation for me, especially short one's like his, though you are quite right in what you say.