Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vincent Tan

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:49 pm

It's been suggested on here and elsewhere that Vincent Tan has lost interest in us. If that's the case I would think that to be a major blow to us as he is clearly the man with the megabucks. I must admit that all the rumours that have been doing the rounds during the last few months have been pissing me off big time. I've seen that some people on here say that they are in contact via e-mail with TG. If that is the case is it too much to ask if they would put that very question to TG about VT's level of commitment. I think as supporters of Cardiff City we all deserve to know if our biggest shareholder is committed to our Club.

Re: Vincent Tan

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:55 pm

I would like to know what his standing is too.............we need him!!

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:56 pm

moonboots wrote:It's been suggested on here and elsewhere that Vincent Tan has lost interest in us. If that's the case I would think that to be a major blow to us as he is clearly the man with the megabucks. I must admit that all the rumours that have been doing the rounds during the last few months have been pissing me off big time. I've seen that some people on here say that they are in contact via e-mail with TG. If that is the case is it too much to ask if they would put that very question to TG about VT's level of commitment. I think as supporters of Cardiff City we all deserve to know if our biggest shareholder is committed to our Club.

Is he the biggest shareholder?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Daya wrote:
moonboots wrote:It's been suggested on here and elsewhere that Vincent Tan has lost interest in us. If that's the case I would think that to be a major blow to us as he is clearly the man with the megabucks. I must admit that all the rumours that have been doing the rounds during the last few months have been pissing me off big time. I've seen that some people on here say that they are in contact via e-mail with TG. If that is the case is it too much to ask if they would put that very question to TG about VT's level of commitment. I think as supporters of Cardiff City we all deserve to know if our biggest shareholder is committed to our Club.

Is he the biggest shareholder?

Thought that he was but I've got no probs if that isn't the case. I'm not fortunate enough to be in the know. Just stated it as my understanding and not as a fact. The point is....he is supposed to be the money man of the Malaysians (or is that wrong too??) and if he is the money man and he is not committed to the Club I think we all deserve to know. If there are people on here who have access to the Malaysians I think that it's a fair question which they could/should put to them.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:44 pm

I think Vincent Tan is very much involved but the Malaysians are playing a canny game.

The twats who have been raping our club have taken on a bit more than they
can handle.

TG will see them off, we will get a steady side together, we will stay top third of the table
then come January we will push.

By which time PMG and whoever else just wants to f**k Cardiff City over will have been
dealt with one way or another, but in a way that suits CCFC and not THEM

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:10 pm

apparently stories of him not being interested anymore are a load of cobblers made up by someone in this thread, allegedly....or so i was told on the other board after posting a thread on the matter. I was alarmed by the rumour too, but as more funds have come in this week i think we all know the answer dont we?? :)

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:24 pm

I e-mailed TG today to ask and he said that both himself and VT are fully committed to CCFC , read into that what u want :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:28 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:I e-mailed TG today to ask and he said that both himself and VT are fully committed to CCFC , read into that what u want :ayatollah:

There you go :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:05 pm

He may well be worth mega bucks but whilst thankfull for his saving the football club investment hes not actually parted with anywhere near mega bucks in football terms . TG emails to fans are basically Malay versions of Gwyns a few years back of keep the faith :lol: :lol: just telling the party line,

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:18 pm

goats wrote:apparently stories of him not being interested anymore are a load of cobblers made up by someone in this thread, allegedly....or so i was told on the other board after posting a thread on the matter. I was alarmed by the rumour too, but as more funds have come in this week i think we all know the answer dont we?? :)

if you get your advice off the other board, then more fool you! My posting on said subject was clearly stated as the view of someone else who is a Malaysian business person himself, not mine. If some nerdy student kid or some weirdo loner who collects spiders who's sulking hes out the click says different on CCMB and interps it as a fact, so be it .

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:I e-mailed TG today to ask and he said that both himself and VT are fully committed to CCFC , read into that what u want :ayatollah:

Thanks. That's what I wanted to hear. If TG has told you by e-mail that VT is still very much on board that's good enough for me. Out of interest is TG's e-mail public knowledge like PR's was? How did you get it?

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:18 am

As Daya said he was repeating what he was told, and this was not his opinion. Why has people got to snipe him. One of the posters has said he has had a email off TG who stated VT is in it for the long haul. So read into it what you will.
Sorry about the tone but im still pissed off with a sniper myself who had a go at me on another post :evil: i will take a chill pill :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:09 am

It sounds like VT is still in and I am sure Daya will be over the moon with that also.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:08 am

moonboots wrote:

Thanks. That's what I wanted to hear. If TG has told you by e-mail that VT is still very much on board that's good enough for me. Out of interest is TG's e-mail public knowledge like PR's was? How did you get it?

I asked Carl for it on the understanding that TG didnt mind , and I would willingly give it out with TG's permission . Gethin Jenkins e-mail is in the public domain and I 've e mailed him too :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:41 am

Daya wrote:if you get your advice off the other board, then more fool you! My posting on said subject was clearly stated as the view of someone else who is a Malaysian business person himself, not mine. If some nerdy student kid or some weirdo loner who collects spiders who's sulking hes out the click says different on CCMB and interps it as a fact, so be it .

Not sure if Michael Morris falls into the nerdy student kid category or the weirdo loner one, but the info on CCMB came from him.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:49 am

here we go again , personal differences coming in the way of the football again ! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:53 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
moonboots wrote:

I asked Carl for it on the understanding that TG didnt mind , and I would willingly give it out with TG's permission . Gethin Jenkins e-mail is in the public domain and I 've e mailed him too :ayatollah:

I think we're on dodgy ground here. I do not for one second include you or Carl in this
but If TG's E-Mail addy became common knowledge it would only need for some pissed
up dickhead with the hump over something to start spouting shite to him... then what
if a Jack got hold of it... one with a braincell!!

As for TG saying keep the faith? Its something he's bound to do isnt it?

The proof of the pudding is that they have just put a lot more money in, the players are
about to come in, transfer embargo lifted and semingly from nowhere we look like we may
have a stronger squad than last season!

TG is not doing this alone, Vincent Tan is sat back watching events unfold, and an educated
guess would be that he is the main player here!

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:08 am

TG and VT are in this for forseeable future and I wouldnt give out any e-mail info to anybody I didnt trust or respect so dont worry there ! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:32 am

I find it odd that a successful businessman would continue to invest millions of pounds into something he has lost interest in :lol: I think what has happened here is a misunderstanding on VT's position.

His plans for CCFC and his own business position would have accelerated had we beaten Blackpool and made the Premiership. We of course didn't so VT reverted to the original plan of buying our club over the medium term.

That could be interpreted as 'losing interest' by a third party, but my personal opinion is everything is on target for completion by 2013 barring an unexpected promotion to the Premier League.