Re: FAO: anyone else who hates Celtic/Neil Lennon

Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:54 am

no place for religion in football , sorry ! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:44 am

hate Celtic and every player that pulls on these green shirt !!! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:46 am

blueboys wrote:hate Celtic and every player that pulls on these green shirt !!! :ayatollah:

guessing u boo Marshall every game then ? :lol:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:47 am

I have no sentiment towards Celtic, Rangers or any other Scottish club. They're a different league in a different country so it would be like hating Auxerre or Marseille. They have no impact on us, so why hate them?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:50 am

Nottage Blue wrote:I have no sentiment towards Celtic, Rangers or any other Scottish club. They're a different league in a different country so it would be like hating Auxerre or Marseille. They have no impact on us, so why hate them?

its all to do with religion Andy and the religous bigotts who jump on the Celtic / Rangers bandwagon , as far as football goes anything north of Carlisle is shite !

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:59 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:I have no sentiment towards Celtic, Rangers or any other Scottish club. They're a different league in a different country so it would be like hating Auxerre or Marseille. They have no impact on us, so why hate them?

its all to do with religion Andy and the religous bigotts who jump on the Celtic / Rangers bandwagon , as far as football goes anything north of Carlisle is shite !

Yeah, the religion thing is what I find distasteful about the whole Celtic v Rangers thing. People who wouldn't set foot in a church or read the bible still hate the others for being on the other side of the religious divide. Quite pathetic really

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:04 am

plus there's the IRA thing and the cause of a united Ireland which seems to have attached itself to a Scottish football team , I was at The Emirates on Sunday and was disgusted by the number of English men in green and white shirts singing IRA songs and booing the soldiers who set up the presentation are for the Cup .

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:09 am

Vintage 63 wrote:plus there's the IRA thing and the cause of a united Ireland which seems to have attached itself to a Scottish football team , I was at The Emirates on Sunday and was disgusted by the number of English men in green and white shirts singing IRA songs and booing the soldiers who set up the presentation are for the Cup .

Absolutely disgusting. It's one thing to hate your rivals or a country you don't like but to abuse the troops that have put their lives on the line for their country and to support a criminal organisation who have maimed and butchered innocent people in the name of freedom is lower than almost anything. People on here talk about rapists, paedo's, etc but what about the IRA, UDA and wankers like that? They deserve nothing but our hatred and contempkt

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:16 am

be funny if the Free Wales Army started to follow CCFC ? :lol: :old:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:17 am

Vintage 63 wrote:be funny if the Free Wales Army started to follow CCFC ? :lol: :old:

:lol: :lol: We'd be burning the English coaches in the away car park when the matches are on

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:19 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:be funny if the Free Wales Army started to follow CCFC ? :lol: :old:

:lol: :lol: We'd be burning the English coaches in the away car park when the matches are on

and spraying green paint over the English place names on the back of the coaches :lol:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:25 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

and spraying green paint over the English place names on the back of the coaches :lol:

Where would the fun end?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:26 am

throwing eggs ? :lol:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:38 am

Stink bombs? Itching powder?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:39 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Stink bombs? Itching powder?

how about the calling out of rude names ?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:43 am

Who says they dont, there are no bigger bigots than City fans Mart. Your right about them sick bastards that sing IRA songs and boo the troops which is a political thing, similar on the lines of our Shipman song and booing GSTQ, like I said City fans are one of the most bigoted fans I've known.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:46 am

I agree Rich and I boo GSTQ but only coz I personally dont think the countries of Northern Ireland and England should adopt it as their national anthems , take Scotland for example with Flower of Scotland ? So why cant they do it and not adopt the anthem of Great Britain ?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:56 am

Vintage 63 wrote:I agree Rich and I boo GSTQ but only coz I personally dont think the countries of Northern Ireland and England should adopt it as their national anthems , take Scotland for example with Flower of Scotland ? So why cant they do it and not adopt the anthem of Great Britain ?

Its all f**k up dude, the Scots have a lot to answer to in regards to the Irish problem. Celtic will sign protestants & Rangers will sign Catholics but the bigots will always latch onto these 2 clubs........

I follow Celtic simply because as a Welshman Im a Celt and as you I dont look at the religious or political aspect of it, it'll always be there followed by ignorance.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:21 am

Vintage 63 wrote:I agree Rich and I boo GSTQ but only coz I personally dont think the countries of Northern Ireland and England should adopt it as their national anthems , take Scotland for example with Flower of Scotland ? So why cant they do it and not adopt the anthem of Great Britain ?

The English lads I know who follow England would much prefer Land of Hope and Glory as their anthem anyway and don't actually like GSTQ

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:28 am

Nottage Blue wrote:

The English lads I know who follow England would much prefer Land of Hope and Glory as their anthem anyway and don't actually like GSTQ

With all respect Ive never heard Land of hope and glory sung once at a England football match

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:32 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

With all respect Ive never heard Land of hope and glory sung once at a England football match

No, they say they would want it at the beginning when the anthems are played rather than sung as a song. Obviously they're only a very, very tiny %age of the support, so maybe it's not as well supported as an idea as I/we may think and between the time when we were talking about it (late 1980s or early 1990s I think) and the present day support has changed considerably in its demographic.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:44 am

With all respect Ive never heard Land of hope and glory sung once at a England football match[/quote]
No, they say they would want it at the beginning when the anthems are played rather than sung as a song. Obviously they're only a very, very tiny %age of the support, so maybe it's not as well supported as an idea as I/we may think and between the time when we were talking about it (late 1980s or early 1990s I think) and the present day support has changed considerably in its demographic.[/quote]

I agree it would make more sense to have Land of hope and glory to be played before game instead of GSTQ, although it wouldn't change the bigotry attitudes of some. We can still boo it :lol: Somethings will never change mate and the bigots will always be out there.

Point I tried to make earlier is those that criticise Celtic fans for booing the troops are in no position to do so when fans like ours glorifies in songs like Harold Shipman and many other anti-English ones.