Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sky Sports News no longer available in freeview

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:22 pm

is it still on Virgin? best be :shock:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:08 pm

2blue2handle wrote:is it still on Virgin? best be :shock:

Virgin should carry it, but you need the Sky Sports package.

Sky are revamping SSn for it's launch on HD, apparently spent loads revamping everything to focus on HD. Can't necessarily fault them for protecting their investment - it's been on freeview for quite a while when there was no requirement for it to be so.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Ah thats fine then :)

I dont really get why any news channel needs to be in HD :shock:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:02 pm

got rid of my sky after 20 odd years ,fed up of them putting the prices up all the time ,i had the whole package from day one and never got offers off them....moved over to virgin,tv,phone and broadband and got a better package ...with 2 hd v plus boxes and all hd channels at no extra cost ...sky charge you .....tossers had enough of them.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Ah thats fine then :)

I dont really get why any news channel needs to be in HD :shock:

Errm, the women behind the desks are one very good reason...

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:07 pm

and Sky News HD looks awesome!

Can imagine the babes on SSN looking rather nice. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Wetherspoons be fucked then :lol:

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:02 am

ahh well good old bbc for me then!!

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Soccer special and Jeff will now be on sky news, a small consolation for some.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I dont really get why any news channel needs to be in HD :shock:

Have you seen that advert where they are listing testimonioals from customers who have Sky News in HD? One person said "Does anyone find they're watching more news?". Was he serious? :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:57 pm

:lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:05 pm

And the Crafty Bastards are moving the Championship Games to Sky Sports 3 so BT and Top Tv customers won't be able to see them.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:25 pm

ackers1927 wrote:And the Crafty Bastards are moving the Championship Games to Sky Sports 3 so BT and Top Tv customers won't be able to see them.

Which is their right, given they are shelling out the money for them. Like it or not, Sky have invested way, way more into Champ ( and below ) divisions than others have.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Good. I have the full Sky package and pay good money for it. I'd hate to think that wanker off the BT adverts is getting something for a fraction that I am

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:42 pm

nerd wrote:
ackers1927 wrote:And the Crafty Bastards are moving the Championship Games to Sky Sports 3 so BT and Top Tv customers won't be able to see them.

Which is their right, given they are shelling out the money for them. Like it or not, Sky have invested way, way more into Champ ( and below ) divisions than others have.

You are right! I have the sky package so it doesn't bother me. I was just saying they have been crafty by selling Sky Sports 1 and 2 to different platforms. Then move most of their football to 3 and 4.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:03 pm

ackers1927 wrote:
nerd wrote:

You are right! I have the sky package so it doesn't bother me. I was just saying they have been crafty by selling Sky Sports 1 and 2 to different platforms. Then move most of their football to 3 and 4.

Ity's also a way of boosting ratings for 3/4, thus ebnabling them to charge advertisers more.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Good. I have the full Sky package and pay good money for it. I'd hate to think that wanker off the BT adverts is getting something for a fraction that I am

:lol:

Sorry but referring to him as ' that wanker ' tickled me. :lol:

Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Ah annoying, I just paid for all the HD channels with Virgin and notice they arent doing SS3 in HD :evil: Would have liked to have watched City in HD.