Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Carl

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:31 pm

with less than 72hrs for our season to begin, you can bet your bottom dollar there's a shit load of work being carried out down at the ccs, (im referring to embargo, transfers in and out, loans, etc etc)

Will we be getting an update every day from you know until we kick off Sunday? And will we be expecting any tidy news by tonight?

Cheers carl for keeping us informed, you do a top job, and I'm sure everybody agrees! :ayatollah:

Re: FAO Carl

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:32 pm

agreed, cheers carl.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:52 pm

As I have consistently said the Emabargo will be lifted when we well into August, we are now well into August, I was told yesterday afternoon that the money had been put in the club's accounts on Monday and now there is too'ing and fro'ing between the club and the HMRC on how much of the outstanding tax is to paid to lift the embargo. The money owed to Charlton will also be dealt with and I am being told that the embargo will be lifted Friday at the latest.

We have remained consistent and have also told you about players Dave Jones has been talking with, Harewood, Naylor and again today I am told that Keough is a 'strong possibilty'.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:54 pm

:ayatollah: Yeah Carl, you're definately TOPS! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:54 pm

carlccfc wrote:As I have consistently said the Emabargo will be lifted when we well into August, we are now well into August, I was told yesterday afternoon that the money had been put in the club's accounts on Monday and now there is too'ing and fro'ing between the club and the HMRC on how much of the outstanding tax is to paid to lift the embargo. The money owed to Charlton will also be dealt with and I am being told that the embargo will be lifted Friday at the latest.

We have remained consistent and have also told you about players Dave Jones has been talking with, Harewood, Naylor and again today I am told that Keough is a 'strong possibilty'.

which keough is that Carl?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:55 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
carlccfc wrote:As I have consistently said the Emabargo will be lifted when we well into August, we are now well into August, I was told yesterday afternoon that the money had been put in the club's accounts on Monday and now there is too'ing and fro'ing between the club and the HMRC on how much of the outstanding tax is to paid to lift the embargo. The money owed to Charlton will also be dealt with and I am being told that the embargo will be lifted Friday at the latest.

which keough is that Carl?

Wolves

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Andy Keogh then? striker :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:58 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Andy Keogh then? striker :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes mate nothing 100% just a strong rumour ;)

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:00 pm

My son reckons he's better as a winger. Who am I to argue? :D

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:08 pm

NIGELNIGLE wrote:

has played as a winger yes. dave Jones does like players who can play a couple of different positions :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:38 pm

i hate aliens wrote:
NIGELNIGLE wrote:
i hate aliens wrote:Andy Keogh then? striker :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

has played as a winger yes. dave Jones does like players who can play a couple of different positions :ayatollah:

Sensible i suppose :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Are we loosing Chops then? Keane said on SSN they are close to signing striker :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:48 pm

pcs1963 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Are we loosing Chops then? Keane said on SSN they are close to signing striker :cry: :cry: :cry:

I know Sunderland are buying a striker from Ipswich too ? (well, trying to anyway!)

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:51 pm

I seen a clip as well, A reporter asked him if it was Chops and he wouldn't say. Basically said he likes Chops but he isnt the only striker in the world and that they have spoke to a few clubs about a few strikers.
He did say he spoke to DJ this morning but said it was about other stuff

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:57 pm

dj and keane seem abit 2 close for me