Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Embargo Lifted

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:17 am

I've seen a few people on FB have said the embargo has been lifted and the 3 new players registered. Anyone confirm? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Embargo Lifted

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:19 am

I broke this on FB at 10 am after real radio reported it on their news bulletin!

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:22 am

Merlin wrote:I broke this on FB at 10 am after real radio reported it on their news bulletin!

nothing official yet tho and Red Dragon havnt said it ?

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:23 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
Merlin wrote:I broke this on FB at 10 am after real radio reported it on their news bulletin!

nothing official yet tho and Red Dragon havnt said it ?

Too many saying it to be untrue I reckon.

The official site will most prob announce it soon. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:24 am

It was bound to happen sometime today anyway , so happy its sooner than later :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:26 am

Must be true for real radio to be broadcasting it to the nation? And they said more from DJ in the next bulletin. So should be 11am? Listen out... :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:43 am

Yeah, I think it did come from you Craig :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:48 am

:ayatollah: :P :P

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:50 am

Can't find anything official,,,yet.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:54 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 890430.stm

Cardiff City claim transfer embargo is lifted

Cardiff City claim the Football League have lifted their transfer embargo.
The sanction was imposed on the Welsh club in May due to a delay in paying a £1.3m PAYE to HM Revenue and Customs and other football related debts.
But Cardiff insist the Football League is satisfied the debts have been paid so boss Dave Jones can register his three summer signings.
"The embargo is off," Jones told BBC Sport. "That has all been sorted so we are now able to register players."
The Football League was not available for comment but the Championship club insist the embargo has been lifted.
The Bluebirds can now register goalkeeper Tom Heaton and loan midfield duo Jason Koumas and Danny Drinkwater with the Football League so the trio are eligible for Sunday's Championship opener with Sheffield United.
And manager Jones can bolster his defeated Championship play-off finalists as he bids to make it third time lucky as Cardiff chase their Premier League dream.