Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bluebirds miss out on Vokes loan bid

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:55 am

CITY MISS OUT

CARDIFF City have missed out in their bid to take young Wales striker Sam Vokes on loan.

The 6ft 2ins Southampton-born forward has opted to join Cardiff’s Championship rivals Bristol City for the new season.

Bluebirds boss Dave Jones had been keen to bring Vokes into his squad as competition for Jay Bothroyd.

Wolves targetman Vokes, 20, started his career with AFC Bournemouth and had a loan spell at Leeds United last season.

Vokes made his Wales debut against Iceland in May 2008. He has now won 16 caps and scored two goals.

Little tw*t. Hope he gets special treatment when he comes to Cardiff

Re: Bluebirds miss out on Vokes loan bid

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:01 pm

bwoodblue wrote:CITY MISS OUT

CARDIFF City have missed out in their bid to take young Wales striker Sam Vokes on loan.

The 6ft 2ins Southampton-born forward has opted to join Cardiff’s Championship rivals Bristol City for the new season.

Bluebirds boss Dave Jones had been keen to bring Vokes into his squad as competition for Jay Bothroyd.

Wolves targetman Vokes, 20, started his career with AFC Bournemouth and had a loan spell at Leeds United last season.

Vokes made his Wales debut against Iceland in May 2008. He has now won 16 caps and scored two goals.

Yesterday's news viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19074

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:05 pm

carlccfc wrote:
bwoodblue wrote:CITY MISS OUT

Yesterday's news viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19074

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Keep up at the back :lol:

Hate Vokes for doing it. Wouldn't have mind so much if it hadn't been those idiots over the bridge,

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:14 pm

I believe theyve been talking to Vokes for a week though with a deal in place with Wolves. A week ago we had no hope so I don't think it was as simple as a straight choice. He has no affiliation with us anyway, he's a Southampton Supporter! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:41 pm

marcpccfc wrote:I believe theyve been talking to Vokes for a week though with a deal in place with Wolves. A week ago we had no hope so I don't think it was as simple as a straight choice. He has no affiliation with us anyway, he's a Southampton Supporter! :ayatollah:

I know but he does play for Wales.