Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Brian Clark R.I.P

Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:14 pm

R.I.P Big fella! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A true Bluebird Gent and top class player. As a young lad I remember him giving me his autograph and he patted me on my head. :D Some things stay with you for life eh? :old:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:16 pm

R I P Brian Clark, Bluebird Legend

Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:25 pm

r.i.p.brian a real proper legend and gentleman i introduced him to my sons and then grand kids he allways stopped to say hello he will be greatly missed (tear in my eyes as im typing this) was nt going tommorow but will now cant miss minute silence or applause for brian

Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:26 pm

RIP Brian :ayatollah:

A TRUE city legend, Real Madrid at NP one of the iconic moments in our history. I remember a big giant size image of Brians header by the Bob Bank Village :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Total legend.

In 1977 I met him outside of Old Trafford of all places. He was good friends with Gordon Hill a United winger at the time and took the time to show me and my friends around the ground (we were 15 year olds at the time)

Fantastic bloke a great loss to everyone.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:55 pm

My boyhood hero and a true legend. RIP Brian.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:11 pm

Brian`s daughter Jackie looked after my kids as part of her college training. I had the privilege of being invited to Brian`s house to celebrate her 21st bithday. What a lovely family to whom I offer my deepest sympathy. Brian was a legend for the City and a nicer man you could never meet. RIP a true gent and a great footballer.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:22 pm

The partnership between him and Tosh was legendary - if only we had 2 like them today1

Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:43 pm

God bless you Brian,you were a gentleman,a legend and a friend.Sadly missed R.I.P.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:06 pm

R.I.P Legend

Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:01 pm

RIP Mr. Clark - You were the best

:old:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:26 pm

brian clarke R.I.P

Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:32 pm

R.I.P clarkey you were a true city legend city through and through.
:cry:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Very sad day for us older fans who seen him play.Great memories of a true city legend.Once spent a couple of hours in his company with his Dad at a Charity match.A True gentleman who had time for everyone.R.i.P.Brian Clark a Cardiff City Legend. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Toshack emotional about Brian Clarke passing away!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 902350.stm

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Met Brian a few times over the years , one hell of a nice chap, and I'm PROUD to say YES I was there. RIP Brian.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:47 pm

sad sad day RIP :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Very sad news indeed, Sincere condolences to family and friends.
RIP BRIAN (A CITY LEGEND) :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:48 pm

True LEGEND. Unlike todays plastic footballers. RIP Brian.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:49 pm

A very sad day RIP and thoughts go out to his family and Friends :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:52 pm

R.I.P. Brian one of the greatest now and always! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Sad News R.I.P. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:50 pm

Gutted to hear this news, a City legend and a true gentleman too :cry:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:05 pm

A true gentleman and a City legend.

RIP Brian.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:06 pm

R.I.P to a true great. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:14 pm

What can I add to what's already been said, a gentleman, a legend, my all time favourite player.

This has truly upset me, :( I remember chatting to Brian and Bobby Woodruff at Wembley before the Barnsley game, no heirs and graces a real down to earth bloke who always had time to chat to supporters. Picked him up in my bus on the Whitchurch route only about 6 months ago and thought how strong and well he looked, now he's passed on, how sad. Be lovely if the club could name one of the stands after him, it would be a fitting tribute to the legend that was Brian Clark. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:17 pm

There is nothing else I can add that hasnt already been said, my thoughts go with your family and I truly believe that we have lost a legend today, and you truly were a legend in a time when its used far too often. RIP Brian and thanks for the fantastic memories

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Really sad news

Sincere condolences to all family and friends RIP Brian.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Dunno what to say or add to this, it's a really sad day for our club. Another true City legend has left us RIP Brian Clark

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Was fortunate to meet Brian once.

Loved his football, loved the City.

RIP a true gent.