WELL OUT OF ORDER

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WELL OUT OF ORDER

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:08 pm

Peter Ridsdale is now receiving threats by phone and email.
Surely these Cowards should go to the meeting on Monday and say their peace, not be like a key board warrior on the other MB.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

WELL OUT OF ORDER

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WELL OUT OF ORDER

Postby nobby » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Peter Ridsdale is now receiving threats by phone and email.
Surely these Cowards should go to the meeting on Monday and say their peace, not be like a key board warrior on the other MB.

That is truly shocking Annis, yes i am not pleased with the goings on at the club at present. but to threaten the Chairman that is out of order, hope this does not make him change his mind about turning up monday.
nobby

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:14 pm

nobby wrote:

That is truly shocking Annis, yes i am not pleased with the goings on at the club at present. but to threaten the Chairman that is out of order, hope this does not make him change his mind about turning up monday.

Just spoke to him and I have reassured him off his safety. He will be there. One idiot left his number lol.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby nobby » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nobby wrote:

Just spoke to him and I have reassured him off his safety. He will be there. One idiot left his number lol.

Glad of that mate, hope the meeting goes well. im gutted i cant make it due to work committments, look forward to hearing all the comments, may text you Monday night from work to see how it went.
nobby

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:21 pm

No probs Nobby, I will keep you up with the action lol

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby nobby » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:No probs Nobby, I will keep you up with the action lol

cheers mate, i will be eager to get home Monday night to find out all the news.
nobby

Postby BlueCheg » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:24 pm

FFS I hate stuff like that, I bet tghey wont even be there on Monday :oops:
BlueCheg

Postby corky » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:50 pm

:D :D :D

Not nice and cowardly act if you ask me...saying that I have received the same sort of texts for years now, so has Vince and a few others, the difference is we get them from rival fans and not City fans....and ofcourse we don't get paid £1,000's weekly.

It comes with territory unfortunately but its still cowardly.
new season,new start
corky

Postby Pete » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:17 am

corky wrote::D :D :D

Not nice and cowardly act if you ask me...saying that I have received the same sort of texts for years now, so has Vince and a few others, the difference is we get them from rival fans and not City fans....and ofcourse we don't get paid £1,000's weekly.

It comes with territory unfortunately but its still cowardly.

The problem with the internet is you are never sure exactly who, or where, this kind of stuff is coming from. I agree with you, it`s not right, but hopefully the members of this site are above that sort of stuff ? That`s why I`ve joined ! :!:
Pete

Postby joncandy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:18 am

That's the problem with posting your email address and mobile number on the internet, guaranteed it would have been circulated on planetswans and many other non-cardiff sites!
Please take time to check out my CCFC stuff, either photos or videos
joncandy

Postby Mr Davies » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:12 am

I wouldn't blame PR for changing his mind about Monday night now. I'm glad Annis has reassured him. It's going to be an uncomfortable enough evening for the chairman of the board anyway, without the threat of physical violence.

Mr Davies
Head of Security, www.annisabraham.co.uk
Mr Davies

Postby nerd » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:37 am

joncandy wrote:That's the problem with posting your email address and mobile number on the internet, guaranteed it would have been circulated on planetswans and many other non-cardiff sites!

And guaranteed we've fans who would make such threats. Can't post this purely at the Jacks. Surely they'd be congratulating Ridsdale, not threatening him?

Goes to show what irresponsible journalism can cause.
nerd

Postby Jeff » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:17 am

Just spoke to him and I have reassured him off his safety. He will be there. One idiot left his number lol.[/quote]

Why dont you ask Ridsdale to pass that number on to us :twisted:
Jeff

Postby Alex » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:22 am

I understand his email has always been in the domain for fans, but it seemed bloody odd of him to throw his mobile number on that press release regarding TG's board appointment.
Alex

Postby Lawnmower » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:38 am

Ridiculous.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of what hes done, snd lets be fair, none of us knows the FULL story anyway, for all we know he may just be being manipulated by PMG, threats of violence are just well ut of order.

I'm not his greatest fan, but if he walked TODAY, half way through the negotiations with Sam and the Malaysians, we would be left in the shit.

Personally I hoe he sees the job through (and quickly) and then leaves. He's too decisive and takes too much out of the club.
Lawnmower

Postby birchblue » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:57 am

not there monday but hope everything goes alright the end of the day you have to listen to what he says and believe what you want but the guy should not get death threats
birchblue

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:00 am

elliott wrote:not there monday but hope everything goes alright the end of the day you have to listen to what he says and believe what you want but the guy should not get death threats

Yes looking forward to it Elliot.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby the blue path » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:11 pm

this sort of thing is ridiculous ,i hope people treat him with respect on monday as well and listen to what he's got to say it's no good just shouting him down, personally i think if ridsdale waiked away before a takeover was complete it would be a disaster for the club.
keep cardiff blue
the blue path

Postby Joff » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:19 pm

I will be there , but would have prefered it at the Brunswick :|
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend with my life your right to say it," Voltaire,
Joff

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:12 am

If these allegations are true then of course threatening someone like that is out of order.

However, there is a problem in that Ridsdale hasn't exactly been truthful in the past. The cynic in me wonders if he is playing the victim card to gain sympathy just before he puts the blame for all that is wrong with the club onto the shoulders of Sam Hammam and the local press?
Tony Blue Williams

Postby BluebirdsFan101 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:24 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:If these allegations are true then of course threatening someone like that is out of order.

However, there is a problem in that Ridsdale hasn't exactly been truthful in the past. The cynic in me wonders if he is playing the victim card to gain sympathy just before he puts the blame for all that is wrong with the club onto the shoulders of Sam Hammam and the local press?

That sums up my views too.

If this is true then of course it's wrong. And I don't doubt that perhaps someone has sent a silly text or something.

BUT, I think that Ridsdale expected (and wanted) this to happen. He's now boycotting the echo (but not the BBC who said the exact same thing - i.e. that the club on the verge of going bankrupt) - saying he's a victim of the echo - and he is also now saying he's been receiving texts - again saying he's a victim.

Of course it's cowardly if people have been sending threats/abuse, but I can't help but feel that Ridsdale has been saying this - and published his phone number and e-mail address at the end of that article - to put himself into this position.

He's gained millions from this club, and is running it into the ground. It does have a few signs of being the "beginning of the end" IMO. I hope people don't fall for his spin tomorrow night. No doubt some fans will though?
BluebirdsFan101

Postby nerd » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:35 am

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:If these allegations are true then of course threatening someone like that is out of order.

That sums up my views too.

If this is true then of course it's wrong. And I don't doubt that perhaps someone has sent a silly text or something.

BUT, I think that Ridsdale expected (and wanted) this to happen. He's now boycotting the echo (but not the BBC who said the exact same thing - i.e. that the club on the verge of going bankrupt) - saying he's a victim of the echo - and he is also now saying he's been receiving texts - again saying he's a victim.

Of course it's cowardly if people have been sending threats/abuse, but I can't help but feel that Ridsdale has been saying this - and published his phone number and e-mail address at the end of that article - to put himself into this position.

He's gained millions from this club, and is running it into the ground. It does have a few signs of being the "beginning of the end" IMO. I hope people don't fall for his spin tomorrow night. No doubt some fans will though?

You do realise there's a massive difference between the Echo and BBC reporting of it? One factual, the other sensationalist?

People want Ridsdale to be transparent, yet when he make email, phone contact available, gets criticised for making himself a victim?

The fact remains, people believe the Echo "sensationalism". We have some idiots who believe everything in the paper. Let's forget the CCFC Minardi F1 car, eh?

Short term cash problems, sure, we can't deny that's occuring. Is it the nuclear option as portrayed by the Echo? I doubt it.

As for threatening calls etc, I can believe it. As I've said we do have some idiots following us.
nerd

Postby BluebirdsFan101 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:48 am

nerd wrote:You do realise there's a massive difference between the Echo and BBC reporting of it? One factual, the other sensationalist?

There isn't a difference, no. I replied in the other thread saying as much. Ridsdale said he was boycotting the echo since they reported that the court case was since the club was due to be wound up. Both the Echo and BBC (and HMRC) reported this. Ridsdale did not - and never said - that he was boycotting the echo due to sensationalist language.

Again: the BBC said the *same thing* as the echo. If Ridsdale was true to his word, he'd be taking on the BBC right now. I wonder why he isn't?

nerd wrote:People want Ridsdale to be transparent, yet when he make email, phone contact available, gets criticised for making himself a victim?

I don't want him to be "transparent". Plus he isn't "transparent", anyway.

nerd wrote:The fact remains, people believe the Echo "sensationalism". We have some idiots who believe everything in the paper. Let's forget the CCFC Minardi F1 car, eh?

The BBC and HMRC reported that the club were due to be wound up, too. The echo are actually very timid. They haven't looked into why we have a press officer who doesn't speak to the press, or why the club's finances have gone worse since the current finance director came here, or why we have 3 stadium managers, or why the club still has quite a few unpaid bills, or why there's a cash flow situation (as AF admitted), despite the fans paying for ST money early and bailing out the academy, etc.

If the echo wanted to, they could do a lot worse than copy and paste a little article from HMRC. Something which the BBC did too.

nerd wrote:Short term cash problems, sure, we can't deny that's occuring. Is it the nuclear option as portrayed by the Echo? I doubt it.

Many fans have potrayed this too. As have the BBC. And HMRC. This is not the echo's fault.

nerd wrote:As for threatening calls etc, I can believe it. As I've said we do have some idiots following us.

I can too, unfortunately.

But to me it's a non-issue. There's a reason why football chairman (and millionaires in general) don't publish their full contact details on-line.

I don't think this is because they don't want to be view as "un-transparent". I think it's because they know silly jealous people will make silly jealous threats.

I believe that Ridsdale knows full well that the fans will have been worried about the HMRC thing, hence put his contact details up - and then publically made himself out to be a victim - so that fans will feel sorry for him.

That's my theory anyway. I believe it more than Ridsdale - someone who is running this club into the ground and taking a massive wage in the process - is a sweet man who's just a little mis-understood.
BluebirdsFan101

Postby nerd » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:44 am

nerd

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:09 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:
nerd wrote:You do realise there's a massive difference between the Echo and BBC reporting of it? One factual, the other sensationalist?

There isn't a difference, no. I replied in the other thread saying as much. Ridsdale said he was boycotting the echo since they reported that the court case was since the club was due to be wound up. Both the Echo and BBC (and HMRC) reported this. Ridsdale did not - and never said - that he was boycotting the echo due to sensationalist language.

Again: the BBC said the *same thing* as the echo. If Ridsdale was true to his word, he'd be taking on the BBC right now. I wonder why he isn't?

nerd wrote:People want Ridsdale to be transparent, yet when he make email, phone contact available, gets criticised for making himself a victim?

I don't want him to be "transparent". Plus he isn't "transparent", anyway.

nerd wrote:The fact remains, people believe the Echo "sensationalism". We have some idiots who believe everything in the paper. Let's forget the CCFC Minardi F1 car, eh?

The BBC and HMRC reported that the club were due to be wound up, too. The echo are actually very timid. They haven't looked into why we have a press officer who doesn't speak to the press, or why the club's finances have gone worse since the current finance director came here, or why we have 3 stadium managers, or why the club still has quite a few unpaid bills, or why there's a cash flow situation (as AF admitted), despite the fans paying for ST money early and bailing out the academy, etc.

If the echo wanted to, they could do a lot worse than copy and paste a little article from HMRC. Something which the BBC did too.

nerd wrote:Short term cash problems, sure, we can't deny that's occuring. Is it the nuclear option as portrayed by the Echo? I doubt it.

Many fans have potrayed this too. As have the BBC. And HMRC. This is not the echo's fault.

nerd wrote:As for threatening calls etc, I can believe it. As I've said we do have some idiots following us.

I can too, unfortunately.

But to me it's a non-issue. There's a reason why football chairman (and millionaires in general) don't publish their full contact details on-line.

I don't think this is because they don't want to be view as "un-transparent". I think it's because they know silly jealous people will make silly jealous threats.

I believe that Ridsdale knows full well that the fans will have been worried about the HMRC thing, hence put his contact details up - and then publically made himself out to be a victim - so that fans will feel sorry for him.

That's my theory anyway. I believe it more than Ridsdale - someone who is running this club into the ground and taking a massive wage in the process - is a sweet man who's just a little mis-understood.

Excellent well put together and I absolutely agree.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:26 pm

He passed the texts and emails on to me.I rang the one,long story.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby BluebirdsFan101 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:54 pm

The BBC said:

"It comes on the day that the Bluebirds appeared before London's High Court to face a winding-up order brought by Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

But the case was put off for 70 days to allow the club to pay the undisclosed debt."

THIS is what Ridsdale said was wrong - i.e. that the club wasn't due to be wound up, and had paid off the debt etc.

When I e-mailed him he confirmed that he was annoyed since this sort of reporting (according to him) wasn't the case and was not true (and his statement on the official website said this too), and he then later boycotted the echo due to this (according to him) mis-reporting.

What I am saying is that Ridsdale is boycotting the echo over something that the BBC said also.
BluebirdsFan101

Return to General Chat