Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do we *really* want Bellamy?

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:48 am

Whittingham, Burke, Oli, Koumas, Bothroyd, Chopra, McPhail...
That's a pretty strong attacking force for the moment, one that can match the top teams in this league.

Where we need some premiership class is in defenece! We could have bloomin' Cristiano Ronaldo but with those muppets at centre back we'll be leaking goals left right and centre all year.
I know personally I'd much rather see Loovens come back than Bellamy. We're desperate for a half decent CB with a bit of pace so why blow stupid wages on a player that in reality, we don't even need?

Re: Do we *really* want Bellamy?

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:49 am

no comment

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:53 am

just imagine the atmosphere at every home game with bellamy in the side, it would be like having 12 men on the pitch! bellamy would give even our centre halfs a yard extra pace! and dont forget they would have to train with him everyday too! they would become better players! COME ON BELLERS COME HOME BOY!

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:53 am

do bears shit in the woods

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:56 am

I'm just being realistic about things. Why spend stupid money on a player that we don't really need yet neglect the weakest area of our team?

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:57 am

welshfrankie wrote:I'm just being realistic about things. Why spend stupid money on a player that we don't really need yet neglect the weakest area of our team?

but wouldnt he sell more tickets ... 5000 x £20 = £100,000 ... pays for himself really!

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:58 am

Do we really want a player who was one of the best players in the Premiership last season, would make sure we had a full house every game, who would terrorise defences, score 10-15 easily and also set up a hatful of goals.......... how long have I got to decide?

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:00 am

AHERNE wrote:
welshfrankie wrote:I'm just being realistic about things. Why spend stupid money on a player that we don't really need yet neglect the weakest area of our team?

but wouldnt he sell more tickets ... 5000 x £20 = £100,000 ... pays for himself really!

Do you really think he's going to put 5000 on the gate EVER GAME?
Granted, he may for the first game or two but after that...

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:18 am

welshfrankie wrote:
AHERNE wrote:

Do you really think he's going to put 5000 on the gate EVER GAME?
Granted, he may for the first game or two but after that...

if it drops to 2500 thats still £50,000

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:22 am

Can i ask the audience :D

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:23 am

This thread is retarded

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:25 am

The Douce wrote:This thread is retarded

This thread is realistic.

Why blow all the money on building the attack when that's been solid already and the defence is floundering?