What are your views on this man sat in the canton originally

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby Sven » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:11 am

thomasblue wrote:A lot of clubs now have neutral areas in the grounds.

Im not saying scrap home and away ends there is a good reason for it. Im saying its pretty pathetic when a guy and his girlfriend (probably) cant go to a game of football and support there team without a bunch of blokes wanting to give them a slap.

This club has moved on massively from the past its just a shame some of our fans have not.

Just look at canton before the games now. You see away shirts every week in the pubs, that would never have happened a few years ago.

We dont have bubble trips anymore, very rarely have ticket restrictions.

How is this any different to what forever blue on here does on spain with his city flags in a different ground ?

To be fair, that's not a good analogy :|

I think sometimes it is possible to have an affinity with a club not in your League (particularly in a foreign location)

It is pretty safe to say that Forever Blue has that 'affinity' with Atletico Baleares; both as a supporter, a character, a benefactor and (nowadays) simply a 'local' resident and from what I've seen, he is very well received/accepted out there!

That is 100% not the same as wearing an Arsenal (or any other team's) shirt in the Cardiff City 'home' end and anyone who is naive enough to think otherwise clearly doesn't pay attention to some of the neanderthals who still follow football and are just waiting for the opportunity to vent their anger and frustrations on any easy target! ;)
Attachments
Bluebirds and Atletico.jpg
Bluebirds and Atletico.jpg (11.66 KiB) Viewed 237 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:15 am

Sven wrote:

Im not saying scrap home and away ends there is a good reason for it. Im saying its pretty pathetic when a guy and his girlfriend (probably) cant go to a game of football and support there team without a bunch of blokes wanting to give them a slap.

This club has moved on massively from the past its just a shame some of our fans have not.

Just look at canton before the games now. You see away shirts every week in the pubs, that would never have happened a few years ago.

How is this any different to what forever blue on here does on spain with his city flags in a different ground ?

I think sometimes it is possible to have an affinity with a club not in your League (particularly in a foreign location)

It is pretty safe to say that Forever Blue has that 'affinity' with Atletico Baleares; both as a supporter, a character, a benefactor and (nowadays) simply a 'local' resident and from what I've seen, he is very well received/accepted out there!

That is 100% not the same as wearing an Arsenal (or any other team's) shirt in the Cardiff City 'home' end and anyone who is naive enough to think otherwise clearly doesn't pay attention to some of the neanderthals who still follow football and are just waiting for the opportunity to vent their anger and frustrations on any easy target! ;)

Correct Sven!
I will always support Cardiff but If I was to move to Berlin tomorrow I would take interest in Hertha Berlin results :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:25 am

Sven wrote:

mostly agree..
not sure about the Neanderthal bit though....you can be pretty level headed and still go through the full range of emotions watching football and when its at the angry/frustrated end of the range the last think you need are plastic oppo fans jumping around in your face...
on a different note.....interesting to see your views on Annis affinity to another club now he LIVES in Majorca are in stark contrast to your views on Giggs.....does this now disqualify him in your eyes from being our next manager.? :laughing6:
dogfound

Postby Sven » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:00 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

mostly agree..
not sure about the Neanderthal bit though....you can be pretty level headed and still go through the full range of emotions watching football and when its at the angry/frustrated end of the range the last think you need are plastic oppo fans jumping around in your face...
on a different note.....interesting to see your views on Annis affinity to another club now he LIVES in Majorca are in stark contrast to your views on Giggs.....does this now disqualify him in your eyes from being our next manager.? :laughing6:

The Neanderthal thing was simply an expression of some (not all) of the more vitriolic people attending, as anyone who attends regularly will attest! ;)

As for the Giggs thing? Well, your comment above just sums up how far wide of the point you were! :thumbright: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:14 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

mostly agree..

The Neanderthal thing was simply an expression of some (not all) of the more vitriolic people attending, as anyone who attends regularly will attest! ;)

As for the Giggs thing? Well, your comment above just sums up how far wide of the point you were! :thumbright: :laughing6:

youve been wide on this since day1..not bothered about watching Wales but like a dog with a bone over Giggs..?
got ALL your made up facts wrong and now come up with this vague stuff..
roll on the next hate figure for you open minded reasonable chaps no nail to a cross eh..
dogfound

Postby Mulberry » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Braver man than me - that fella!!

My kids both have City Memberships as do I due to commitments - the lad plays footie for the local U8's and the times have changed to slightly later on a Saturday, so we are resolved to picking and choosing games now - we'll probably continue to enjoy the lesser clashes with a few top end ones when we can get tickets.

They both have the 'token' membership for PSG as you get a cool card - like the city one and the lad has it on his bedroom door.

We also follow Caen as thats where we get the ferry to when we visit our hovel in France, so we spend a few days there either side of the ferry trips.

That said they don't have Caen or PSG tops - they'd rather have a City top. We were in Paris this summer and I had the raptures and was up for the spends on a pukka PSG top for the lad - he said 'I'd rather the City away top, home short and socks' - so he did!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
Mulberry

Previous

Return to General Chat