Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

On-loan Arter has 'a bit to prove' says Ireland boss Martin

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:08 am

Bournemouth Papers

Sport 9th October

On-loan Arter has 'a bit to prove' says Ireland boss Martin O'Neill

By Dan Rose

REPUBLIC of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill said Harry Arter and Roy Keane had resolved their issue and the midfielder would be out to prove Cherries “were wrong to let him leave at this minute”.

The 28-year-old joined Cardiff in August on a season-long loan from the Dorset club.

Arter made himself unavailable for his country last month after a reported bust-up with O'Neill's assistant Keane during the summer.

But having returned for UEFA Nations League clashes with Denmark and Wales, O’Neill insisted the former Woking man had a point to prove.

Speaking about the situation regarding Arter and Keane, he said: "The two of them have been talking. I probably believe it should make Harry stronger from it all.

"I think if there is criticism is coming your way, take it in some sort of spirit and tend to prove someone wrong if the criticism is levelled at you. If someone is praising you, try to prove them right.

"In this case, Harry wants to do that. I think he wants to do that, not just for Ireland, but I think he wants to prove Bournemouth were wrong to let him leave there at this minute, or certainly let him go out on loan.

"He has a bit to prove which is great. I think players should always have something to prove as should we as managers as well.”

Re: On-loan Arter has 'a bit to prove' says Ireland boss Mar

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:14 am

Makes me laugh how management stick with each other in times like this.

The fact the Irish got stuffed by us 4-1 at the time more or less points to the management themselves or is it all Arters fault that score.

Re: On-loan Arter has 'a bit to prove' says Ireland boss Mar

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:35 pm

That will fire arter up now to get a red card or injured martin o' neil the most miserable grumpy bas...d to walk the earth or sorry 2nd behind his side kick keane that dressing room must be a barrel of laught imagine going on the p.ss with them for a day.