Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Win lose or draw Cardiff are back

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:44 pm

We all have different opinions and views, who’s to blame when we aren’t winning, How much ahould have been spent etc.
I am as competitive as they come, it’s 100% about winning when you play and I don’t sit in the taking part nonsense you play to win.

But I have weirdly enjoyed this season despite the results, why? We have competed so most games although lacking That quality at times, but most of all seeing the club so united and the fans belting out songs with passion and backing the players. It’s what drew me to the club at 10 years of age, that passion for who you are where your from. I watched the extended highlights of spurs on sky and at the end all you could hear was Cardiff fans loud and proud, that’s been evident all season.

So for me, at this time getting that back and restoring some pride as a fan base is so important. Don’t write this side off, their heads are certainly not down. I am absolutely convinced once we get the monkey off our back we will cause teams a lot of problems at home. We can all point out our weaknesses and what should have happened, who we should have signed but we have our cards now and with the passion the fans are showing we have more than chance.

Keep singing bluebirds and enjoy the rollercoaster. Win lose or draw Cardiff are back and proud again.

Re: Win lose or draw Cardiff are back

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Good and true post :thumbup:

Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:27 am

Good post.
When the BLuebirds fans are United they are a force, it’s the passion of the fans that also drew me in when I was 8 and 44 years on its still does.
I was at Wembley, the fans responded as we could see the team we’re giving their all, that’s all we can ask, the players appreciated the support u cld tell as they all came over at the end.
Everyone will knock this club, for whatever reason they can find, however, they know, that this club with our fans can be a powerful unit... and that they don’t want..
So win lose or draw let’s stick together and be loud and proud.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:51 am

We're the best fans I've seen this season home or away. It's been a loooong time since I could say that.

Even the first year in the prem the atmosphere was dire (man city game aside)

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:24 am

At long last, a bit of perspective on our situation. Although I am normally a pessimist as far as Cardiff City is concerned ( who wouldn't be after 55 years supporting them), I actually fancy us to improve and even escape the drop. There are 5 or 6 other clubs whose fans think will struggle to stay up but I think keeping faith with Warnock is essential. My only criticism of him is picking the hopeless Kadeem Harris in the 25 man squad and not utilising the big money signings namely Reid and Murphy to full effect. In no way can we as a club afford to keep costly signings such as these on the bench.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:45 am

Good post that mate. We need that first win though,get that monkey off our backs and close that gap up on other teams. The longer it goes the more depressing it gets for me. I respect your views on us being competitive and giving our all, but could you continue having that mindset if our winless run continued?
I’m not trying to antagonise you. I just might not be as patient as you.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Totally agree with this , as long as the players put the effort in and we haven't had any iffy ref decisions against us i leave the stadium feeling happy and more in love with the club than ever each game.

I love how loud and passionate are fans are home and away and can sympathise with people wanting to make scapegoats . Looking with a glass half full we dont know what could happen .

Who knows we end up in January with a settle squad ,formation and 10-15pts and manage to bag a young striker on loan.
How sweet would it be to avoid relegation in a great escape style effort , how fuming would all the anti welsh media and punditry be .

It's nowhere near over yet , its only just started . Cmon the city :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:03 pm

I agree with everything said. This year is my 50th supporting the Bluebirds, as many will remember during that time we have come within minutes of not only going into administration but going out of existence entirely. It is making my blood boil that so called experts are having a go at us for not spending millions of pounds to try and stay in the premiership. Perhaps Sutton and Cundy could ask fans of Sunderland, Portsmouth, Coventry and Bolton if they feel the lure of premiership fame was worth setting those clubs back years. One day a club will go into freefall from the premier league and may even disappear altogether I did worry that this may have been Swansea's fate but luckily for them they have themselves a good manager who can bring their youngsters through, and before you all shout I want to be able to one day give the Jacks a stuffing again which couldn't happen if they went to the wall. I am so glad that my club has acted sensibly and this will secure my future football fix whether that be in the premier, championship or lower divisions. I would not have been able to just buy a shirt of another club and carry on as if nothing had happened, so well done Mr Tan and Mr Warnock for the sense you have shown.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:47 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:I agree with everything said. This year is my 50th supporting the Bluebirds, as many will remember during that time we have come within minutes of not only going into administration but going out of existence entirely. It is making my blood boil that so called experts are having a go at us for not spending millions of pounds to try and stay in the premiership. Perhaps Sutton and Cundy could ask fans of Sunderland, Portsmouth, Coventry and Bolton if they feel the lure of premiership fame was worth setting those clubs back years. One day a club will go into freefall from the premier league and may even disappear altogether I did worry that this may have been Swansea's fate but luckily for them they have themselves a good manager who can bring their youngsters through, and before you all shout I want to be able to one day give the Jacks a stuffing again which couldn't happen if they went to the wall. I am so glad that my club has acted sensibly and this will secure my future football fix whether that be in the premier, championship or lower divisions. I would not have been able to just buy a shirt of another club and carry on as if nothing had happened, so well done Mr Tan and Mr Warnock for the sense you have shown.

Well said :occasion5:
Cundy is a tw*t saying stuff like that, in a few weeks we could easily be a few places higher after winning a few games, what will he say then? A big club will go one day, it looked like villa were it last summer but they have a new owner for now.
Everton are now blowing millions, can’t see them breaking in to the top six so what a waste, could go titsup you never know.
Leeds are another, still suffering, don’t even own Elland rd do they?
Post a reply