Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Motherwell - Boyle - Glass houses.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:31 pm

granted, wikipedia is crap, but found this very interesting article on Motherwell under the ownership of John Boyle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motherwell_F.C.

Interesting to read the section about Boyle's reign. Conveniently headed "Financial troubles".

Re: Motherwell - Boyle - Glass houses.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:35 pm

He seems a two faced tw*t to me.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:41 pm

When you add in Zoom airlines... yeah, he does.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Hmm.

Looking on the internet, new fangled technology, etc, a lot of courts publish their info online these days.

Try as I might, I can't find any action listed for last Friday involving Motherwell and Cardiff at Hamilton Sheriffs court.

Nor can I find any press reports of such action, which seems a bit... incredible.

I've no doubt we owe money. But Boyle is f***ing dodgy himself and seems a bullshit artist...

Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Before this tw*t Boyle goes on TV and slags off another football club about paying their players he would do well to remember he was Chairman of Motherwell FC when they made 19 players redundant;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 959654.stm

The big man also sent a couple of girls from the office to tell the players.

Boyle made £56m when he sold his holiday company but still he was happy to take Motherwell into administration owing £8m and when you add the debts from ZOOM airlines he would do well to keep his mouth shut.

tw*t :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Zoom airlines was profitable and well run. They got shafted by the credit company handling their orders, and failed to pass on £6 million, using Zoom's money to prop up another business.

And if we have owed a small club like Motherwell £175k for so long, the he has a right to have a pop at us.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:55 pm

I agree with the Monkfish. Regardless of his history, we're taking the piss a little bit.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:18 am

John Boyle pays all his debts. In fact he waived the money he was owed by Motherwell. He tried to take a provincial club and invest in them so they could challenge the Old Firm dominance. He has lost millions. What more, he has got rid of the orange sectarianism, or at least most of it and has rid the ground of it.

All debts owed by Motherwell were paid except those owed to John Boyle. (I think John Boyle's glass house is pretty safe)

I don't like the guy. I think he talks funny and he is arrogant but he has been great for Motherwell and Scottish Football in general. And no matter how much he gets on my tits, I know I can trust him more than any other Chairman in British Football. So if you owe them money, pay them it ffs.

This is from a Celtic fan that happens to live in Motherwell. We don't normally have very many good things to say about Motherwell or it's fans but credit where it's due.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:58 am

we owe moterwell end of, we should have paid them ages ago

i would rather send quinn back and add hudson as interest :D