Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Comments on DAVE SUGARMANS BLOG?

Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:47 am

http://thelonegunmanblog.blogspot.com/

Re: Comments on DAVE SUGARMANS BLOG?

Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:56 am

Annis, TLG is spot on when he talks of the lack of investigative journalistism in South Wales. Everything I know about TG, Vincent Tan, CMP or Berjaya is from trawling the internet and finding out for myself. Something surely you'd expect the Echo hacks to have done to compose some sort of background/profile to our newest board member. It was the first thing I was taught when working with Tony Rees.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:01 am

Mr Davies wrote:Annis, TLG is spot on when he talks of the lack of investigative journalistism in South Wales. Everything I know about TG, Vincent Tan, CMP or Berjaya is from trawling the internet and finding out for myself. Something surely you'd expect the Echo hacks to have done to compose some sort of background/profile to our newest board member. It was the first thing I was taught when working with Tony Rees.

I agree, I respect his Posts or shall we say Blogs :lol:

TNT is a a bit like him on here.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:39 am

Morning Annis,

As usual TLG's thorough and pointed assessment of the recent goings on via our friends at the Eggo, WM and Media Wales in terms of their journalistic prowess shows them quite conclusively as frankly shocking.

I too, find out all I need to know about what is going on at CCFC via this and the MM messageboards by seaching for certain individuaals postings and NOT by logging on from here in the Midlands and opening up the walesonline eggo site.

TLG makes an extremely valid point with regards the Malaysian (or in local media terms surely "More-Lazy-n") interest, profile and background analysis of who they are from the local hacks......... There's been none, apart from what I can only assume is a single 'TG Malaysia' google search by the looks of it!!

I personally like jurno Steve Tucker and his thick-skinned approach to writing (in the main) what we see as fans going on on the pitch, even though he knows that by being honest he will incur the wrath and spitting venom of Dave Jones at the next press conference, if he isn't by that time already banned.
If Tucker does happen get in, 'Moansey' will attempt to belittle him at will and be nothing less than arrogant and rude - It plays out this way every time.

In addition, I must say on this subject, that my £35 a year spent on CCW to see DJ be obnoxious, dismissive and downright rude to the 'on field' jurnos is sometimes an embarrassing and 'hide behind the sofa in shame experience' - Who do you think you are Jones? It's our club, so just be civil, answer the questions and recognise you are supposed to be passing on info to us paying punters.

In conclusion, I think the following says it all about our local media and their distain for the club and sport we love......

I switched from Sky Sports News at 8:30am this morning to Radio Wales to get the weekly 30 minutes of welsh sport (and wait patiently through 29 minutes of rugby in the hope of getting the usual 1 minute of Football) only to find that there was a ONE HOUR SPECIAL on called 'MORNING OF THE GAME' giving in depth detail from every angle on what nothing other than the 'egg friendly' between Wales and Australia later today.

I rest my case.....

Peter

Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:55 am

Pete, both you and TLG have summoned it up very well.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:10 am

I've had some cracking arguments with Dave over the years, and he can be a stubborn pain in the butt, but I always read his posts. He's an intelligent bloke, makes some excellent points and is good company too.

Just like yourself he's City through and through, and thats always a good thing in my book !

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:15 am

Lawnmower wrote:I've had some cracking arguments with Dave over the years, and he can be a stubborn pain in the butt, but I always read his posts. He's an intelligent bloke, makes some excellent points and is good company too.

Just like yourself he's City through and through, and thats always a good thing in my book !

Tim, yes fair play he writes a goodone and knows what he is on about, Your not a bad fan yourself Tim.