Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DEFINING TIMES

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:18 pm

For me we are going through defining times, signing quality players like Bellamy, Koumas and Olifinjana has put a marker down to the Championship that we are going to be the team to beat. Because of the FA Cup final and then the Play Off Final and now Bellamy and Koumas, we will be everyone's Cup Final, as supporters of this club lets live up to the bill and show this league we are the entertainers

Let us be positive as we can enter each game confidently and we can help the team with our support to entertain us. The signing we have witnessed today does not happen everyday and for us not even every decade, so we must savour it, enjoy it and support it.

We have seen the attention we have received in the past few days because we were apparently in the mix to sign him, now that we have the eyes will be on us, I think we will be appearing more and more on tv because of it. For me this signing is like Merson at Portsmouth and Huckerby at Norwich but 10 times bigger, those players had the desired affect on their teams and this is what will happen with Bellamy and Koumas, they will/have given us belief but think what it has done to the other players in the squad.

We are unbeaten, we have kept the same side together bar Ledley and we have strengthened the squad considerably and there will be more signings. Of course there will be players outgoing but we are stronger and we are a quality side that is preparing to go into the Premiership, we have flirted with it for the past few seasons but this season we are ready to make the challenge with the right type of players and the backing of Vincent Tan and TG.

This club has a fantastic support and we showed last year that even despite our doubts we can turn CCS into a fantastic stadium, now lets show our new investors what a great fanbase and support they have, lets start on Saturday.

Re: DEFINING TIMES

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:19 pm

Any idea what percentage of Koumas, Olifinjana and Bellamy's wages the club are paying and if there were any loan fee's involved?

Cheers.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Spot on Carl .

Let's enjoy it whilst it lasts ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Carl, I salute u.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:21 pm

carlccfc wrote:For me we are going through defining times, signing quality players like Bellamy, Koumas and Olifinjana has put a marker down to the Championship that we are going to be the team to beat. Because of the FA Cup final and then the Play Off Final and now Bellamy and Koumas, we will be everyone's Cup Final, as supporters of this club lets live up to the bill and show this league we are the entertainers

Let us be positive as we can enter each game confidently and we can help the team with our support to entertain us. The signing we have witnessed today does not happen everyday and for us not even every decade, so we must savour it, enjoy it and support it.

We have seen the attention we have received in the past few days because we were apparently in the mix to sign him, now that we have the eyes will be on us, I think we will be appearing more and more on tv because of it. For me this signing is like Merson at Portsmouth and Huckerby at Norwich but 10 times bigger, those players had the desired affect on their teams and this is what will happen with Bellamy and Koumas, they will/have given us belief but think what it has done to the other players in the squad.

We are unbeaten, we have kept the same side together bar Ledley and we have strengthened the squad considerably and there will be more signings. Of course there will be players outgoing but we are stronger and we are a quality side that is preparing to go into the Premiership, we have flirted with it for the past few seasons but this season we are ready to make the challenge with the right type of players and the backing of Vincent Tan and TG.

This club has a fantastic support and we showed last year that even despite our doubts we can turn CCS into a fantastic stadium, now lets show our new investors what a great fanbase and support they have, lets start on Saturday.

Carl, you took thew words out of my mouth.

Comon support the boys......'AND MAKE SOME NOISE'........................ :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:23 pm

OK and now carl this is the right time for ALL fans to lay the ghost of NP to rest and get into the new club the new players the new stadium - we have to embrace the games and make them a new era and get everyone behind the boys

WE need more songs

WE need a united front for the team

WE need people standning :) ( gotta stir summat up) lol

WE need everyone tenjoy this season

WE have started with some good signings so lets good singing :ayatollah:

SUPPORT THE BOYS EVERY GAME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:24 pm

Thanks Carl, your info was spot on, although i must admit i was not whouley convinced untill i actually saw Bellers earlier on SSN. Any info on the Motherwell debt?It's put the dampers a little bit on the positive stuff. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:25 pm

carlccfc wrote:For me we are going through defining times, signing quality players like Bellamy, Koumas and Olifinjana has put a marker down to the Championship that we are going to be the team to beat. Because of the FA Cup final and then the Play Off Final and now Bellamy and Koumas, we will be everyone's Cup Final, as supporters of this club lets live up to the bill and show this league we are the entertainers

Just hope we can soon put an end to the embarrassing scenes like today by paying our debts off.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:26 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Thanks Carl, your info was spot on, although i must admit i was not whouley convinced untill i actually saw Bellers earlier on SSN. Any info on the Motherwell debt?It's put the dampers a little bit on the positive stuff. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

will be paid in the next week :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:26 pm

Carl off topic - Did you know anything about the money we owe to Motherwell? I thought it had been sorted through the sale of Kennedy and didnt think the amount was £175,000 plus.

It also doesnt look good if we didnt sending any form of representation to a court hearing last Friday!

I know the Motherwell chairman was being an opportunist and made himself look a bit of a dick but in some ways you cant blame him if we have pissed them about so much.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:27 pm

I couldnt agree with you more Jez :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:32 pm

NJ73 wrote:Any idea what percentage of Koumas, Olifinjana and Bellamy's wages the club are paying and if there were any loan fee's involved?

Cheers.

Bellamy's wages I believe we are paying £20k per week and we have got the image rights too, so Man City are paying £70K.

I understand we are paying 50% of OJ's wages equalling £10k pw.

Koumas is £15K pw.

In all cases there is no loan fee.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:34 pm

Amen to that, Lord Carl. This is it. The real deal.

Carl's point about us being everyone's cup final will quickly become reality. But... will it even matter? They will have to double team Bellamy (triple team?) and we already have far too much talent for that to be an effective tactic. You double team Bellamy, you leave Whitts open, and so on.

These are heady times for us. Enjoy them.

PS Carl, great info, just top notch. Cardiff fans, regardless of internet message board preference, are lucky to have you.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:38 pm

Stavross wrote:Carl off topic - Did you know anything about the money we owe to Motherwell? I thought it had been sorted through the sale of Kennedy and didnt think the amount was £175,000 plus.

It also doesnt look good if we didnt sending any form of representation to a court hearing last Friday!

I know the Motherwell chairman was being an opportunist and made himself look a bit of a dick but in some ways you cant blame him if we have pissed them about so much.

I was asked on Sunday not to let out that I knew TG and Vincent Tan were funding the deal for Bellamy because other creditors would be coming forward demanding payments, so I didnt reveal it even though I have told you all previously that Vincent Tan was prepared to fund the Bellamy deal but the club then revealed it themselves on the official site this afternoon so I can understand why the Motherwell Chairman came forward.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Great post!

and thanks for all the bellamy info! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:40 pm

spot on Carl.

The 'parachute clubs' are by default, the 'elite' of this division. Now, despite what the knockers
say, we have found a way to compete and are right up there. The signing of Craig today, and the
subsequent sell-outs we will get will prove we also have the support to go with it, and the
potential to attact thousands more!!

YES we have big debts, but the Malaysians are playing a blinder. We are going to end up a well
run club with little or no debt. Once we reach the Premiership I think TG and VT will re-evaluate
exactly what Cardiff City Football Club is capable of achieving, by which time i dont think we will
be short of potential investors....

The future truly is bright

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:41 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:Any idea what percentage of Koumas, Olifinjana and Bellamy's wages the club are paying and if there were any loan fee's involved?

Cheers.

Bellamy's wages I believe we are paying £20k per week and we have got the image rights too, so Man City are paying £70K.

Koumas is £15K pw.

Cheers.

So 45k on 3 players. What happened to the club cutting costs and living within it's means?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:44 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Cheers.

Koumas is £15K pw.

Cheers.

So 45k on 3 players. What happened to the club cutting costs and living within it's means?

The club offered Joe a contact comparable to the wage they are now paying Koumas.

The club are paying OJ less than they were paying Scimeca and Feeney combined.

Bellamy ? Well I think that my just pay for itself :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Great post, I like the bish today its like Maradonna going to Napoil, Priceless, Merson Pompey was a great signing. The thing is Bellamy was voted in the top five players last year in the premership, what a signing :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Cheers.

Koumas is £15K pw.

Cheers.

The club would have saved a good amount with 10 players leaving in June.

Decent wages being paid to Feeney, Capaldi, Etuhu, Ledley, Kennedy, Enks, Scimeca, and then also smaller amounts to the others, Commingues probably had to take a pay cut too.

Not forgeting the hundreds of thousands (mabe millions) saved by getting rid of Ridsdale, Flitcroft and Harris and bringing in Jenkins and the new FD.

Just need to get 24k each week through the gate. Also maybe sell of one or 2 higher earners, McCormack could be 1.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:51 pm

jonah wrote:Great post, I like the bish today its like Maradonna going to Napoil, Priceless, Merson Pompey was a great signing. The thing is Bellamy was voted in the top five players last year in the premership, what a signing :ayatollah:

Yes and that is the massive difference we have signed one of the best players in the Country :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We must embrace it and believe in our team :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:57 pm

carl, i think your right in the fact we are the team to beat,, were like the newcastle of last season,,, always seemed to be on sky,,,,,,,,,,,, but out off that comes the sky money,,,,,,,,, so adding all the extra ticket sales, sky money, shirt sales etc, bellamy is a steal at the price :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:58 pm

ninianblue wrote:carl, i think your right in the fact we are the team to beat,, were like the newcastle of last season,,, always seemed to be on sky,,,,,,,,,,,, but out off that comes the sky money,,,,,,,,, so adding all the extra ticket sales, sky money, shirt sales etc, bellamy is a steal at the price :ayatollah:

Exactly right :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:00 pm

carlccfc wrote:
jonah wrote:Great post, I like the bish today its like Maradonna going to Napoil, Priceless, Merson Pompey was a great signing. The thing is Bellamy was voted in the top five players last year in the premership, what a signing :ayatollah:

Yes and that is the massive difference we have signed one of the best players in the Country :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We must embrace it and believe in our team :ayatollah:

Big crowd for Sat? E-ticketing is playing up so can't do my normal task of updating people on how much space is left in the blocks etc.

As you say, Bellamy deal is funding itself which I totally agree with. Bigger move than Fowler really. More prawn sandwich brigade in, 3000+ more gates? Marketing/Advertising/Sponsorship etc and more season ticket sales. It's all good and we should thank the Malaysians on Saturday

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Good post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:46 pm

Bellamy said on TV earlier that any 'image rights' payments go towards funding his soccer school in Sierra Leone

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:47 pm

bang on carl :) lets be having it on sat :) make some noise and push on get to cracking with the push to promise land :)

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Ive gone from beinf stupidly excited to now starting to worry as things are never this good at Cardiff City :?
Signing of Olly, Koumas and Bellers are MASSIVE. We not only have a top class strikers and someone exceptional in Bellers but players like Olly who can hold and cover the defence and players like Koumas and lets not forget McPhail who can find the likers of bellamy.

Its sooo exciting

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Ive gone from beinf stupidly excited to now starting to worry as things are never this good at Cardiff City :?
Signing of Olly, Koumas and Bellers are MASSIVE. We not only have a top class strikers and someone exceptional in Bellers but players like Olly who can hold and cover the defence and players like Koumas and lets not forget McPhail who can find the likers of bellamy.

Its sooo exciting

i know it seems to good to be true!! but we have to go with it!!! i thought somebody spiked me with viagra today I was that excited!!! lol :D

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 pm

35k a week according to this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -City.html