Deano1 wrote:Gerrard

Do you mean Anthony

Re: If Warnock quits after we stay uo who do you fancy

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:37 am

Deano1 wrote:Gerrard

Do you mean Anthony

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:45 am

Eddie newton, young fresh ideas and good contacts with chelski for loans and sales would be my pick and would be a nice return for him.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:47 pm

It would be a real tricky situation if we stayed up and Warnock left.

I think most of us can agree on two things:-

1.Take away our loanees and we have very few players of genuine Premier League quality
2. It's difficult to think of any other manager who get as much or more out of the current squad.

So if we did stay up, any incoming manager would be starting off with a squad of mainly Championship standard players. This would involve the almost wholesale changing of the team and let's be honest, Tan has made it clear what his priorities are and they do not involve any significant investment in the playing squad.

So we are looking for a manager who is taking over a Championship quality squad with little or no money to spend on changing things.

Let's be honest, does anybody honestly think that if we were to survive this year that there would be any more money available for players next season?

I can't see it myself and if we do stay up and Warnock leaves then we would probably become the same next season as Huddersfield have become this season.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:02 pm

I believe Warnock will be our manager next season whatever league we are in,but as you ask the question my answer would be Pulis.
Once again there would be little money available again and another dog fight down the bottom.Tony Pulis for me.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:47 pm

Must have experience at working with peanuts is a requisite for the post ! :laughing6:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:14 am

bluebirdrob wrote:The guy from Real Betis Quique Setien has a good name for finding talent,if he can let players like Victor Camarasa go on loan the other players must be very good.
As much as I like Mr Warnock it would be great to see us play with high skillful players.

You do realise this guy is being tipped as the next Barca manager? He’s challenging for the UCL places with Betis, why on earth would he come to us?!

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:39 am

maltablue wrote:Eddie newton, young fresh ideas and good contacts with chelski for loans and sales would be my pick and would be a nice return for him.

Thsts a real left field choice but he is very highly rated as a coach.
Not sure if that translates into being a manager though