UPDATED “ EMILIANO SALA IS AT CARDIFF CITY “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ EMILIANO SALA NEXT 24HRS “

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:55 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:Not too worried about the possibility of having to pay big wages in the championship, if the jacks can manage to pay Bony's reported £80k a week on a parachute payment why can't we pay £50k or whatever. My main concern is that if he doesn't really want to come should we move quickly onto someone who does want to.

i'd take that with a pinch of salt at the moment mate.
Warnock is aware of what's said on here and he's today quoted as saying something like we only want players who are up for the fight. If he signs, you can rest assured that NW knows he's up for it.
I can understand concerns, particularly with the press throwing those rumours around but theres also a strong rumour that it's all been sorted (including the medical) and it's just a matter of hoe the payment is made to the club.
He may well have wanted more than we were offering initially but if i was moving my wife and kids to france for a new job I'd want to be well looked after and it would have to e lucrative. He's 28 so not any (if any) times to cash in for him really. :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Dahboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:17 pm

moonboots wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
moonboots wrote:Saw him again last night v Rennes. Well overpriced at £20m imo. Gangly and awkward. Hope we don't get him. We could be lumbered with high wages and at his age we are unlikely to get our money back.

Well I watched him against PSG and his work rate was outstanding and really looked the business. But the premier league another kettle of fish. I just hope he hits the ground running. It's a lot of money to gamble with.

It's all about opinions but work rate alone isn't enough for £20m. He doesn't have much skill at all. I wouldn't risk that much money on him.

I think it's a risk now the more I read this thread :lol: please stop the negativity.
Dahboy

Postby Dahboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:19 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pontlliwblue wrote:Not too worried about the possibility of having to pay big wages in the championship, if the jacks can manage to pay Bony's reported £80k a week on a parachute payment why can't we pay £50k or whatever. My main concern is that if he doesn't really want to come should we move quickly onto someone who does want to.

i'd take that with a pinch of salt at the moment mate.
Warnock is aware of what's said on here and he's today quoted as saying something like we only want players who are up for the fight. If he signs, you can rest assured that NW knows he's up for it.
I can understand concerns, particularly with the press throwing those rumours around but theres also a strong rumour that it's all been sorted (including the medical) and it's just a matter of hoe the payment is made to the club.
He may well have wanted more than we were offering initially but if i was moving my wife and kids to france for a new job I'd want to be well looked after and it would have to e lucrative. He's 28 so not any (if any) times to cash in for him really. :thumbup:

Spot on mate.
Dahboy

Postby goats » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:26 pm

I’d love us to buy a striker but can’t help feel that this is a mistake. Does he want to come? Time to settle in? None....
Crucial game this Saturday after totally ballsing up another very important one. Vinnie will be moaning about this one for ever and ever....hope I’m wrong.
goats

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:30 pm

Bottom line is that we need a striker better than Patersonand his guy is certainly better than him.

We have no focal point at the point and whilst Zohore could be it that’s too much of a risk on his own. We couldn’t get out of our half on Saturday because we had nobody to hold it up or get on the end of clearances.

Sala is expensive and maybe overpriced but that’s where we are in our position. I certainly don’t think he’s anymore of a risk than the Everton striker who has already proved he’s hit and miss at this level.

We just need to sign a striker and hope he gives us the lift we need.
piledriver64

Postby Dahboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Bottom line is that we need a striker better than Patersonand his guy is certainly better than him.

We have no focal point at the point and whilst Zohore could be it that’s too much of a risk on his own. We couldn’t get out of our half on Saturday because we had nobody to hold it up or get on the end of clearances.

Sala is expensive and maybe overpriced but that’s where we are in our position. I certainly don’t think he’s anymore of a risk than the Everton striker who has already proved he’s hit and miss at this level.

We just need to sign a striker and hope he gives us the lift we need.

I would take sala over niasse. Everton fans want rid of him he can score goals now and then but his overall playing ability is not good. Everton fans comments not mine.
Dahboy

Postby Edwardsccfc16 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:31 pm

In all seriousness, he’s apparently on his way over now after being spotted leaving an airport on a private jet. French reporter has said “Sala serait actuellement en partance à #Cardiff en jet. Pour rappel, le club de PL tente depuis quelques semaines de convaincre le joueur de le rejoindre cet hiver. #FCNantes #Mercato” which translates to “#Sala would currently be leaving for #Cardiff in jet. As a reminder, the PL club has been trying for a few weeks to convince the player to join him this winter. #FCNantes#Mercato”
Edwardsccfc16

Postby Bananas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:In all seriousness, he’s apparently on his way over now after being spotted leaving an airport on a private jet. French reporter has said “Sala serait actuellement en partance à #Cardiff en jet. Pour rappel, le club de PL tente depuis quelques semaines de convaincre le joueur de le rejoindre cet hiver. #FCNantes #Mercato” which translates to “#Sala would currently be leaving for #Cardiff in jet. As a reminder, the PL club has been trying for a few weeks to convince the player to join him this winter. #FCNantes#Mercato”

#greggs #steak-bake #crisps #le-diet-coke
Bananas

Postby Bananas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:In all seriousness, he’s apparently on his way over now after being spotted leaving an airport on a private jet. French reporter has said “Sala serait actuellement en partance à #Cardiff en jet. Pour rappel, le club de PL tente depuis quelques semaines de convaincre le joueur de le rejoindre cet hiver. #FCNantes #Mercato” which translates to “#Sala would currently be leaving for #Cardiff in jet. As a reminder, the PL club has been trying for a few weeks to convince the player to join him this winter. #FCNantes#Mercato”

:laughing6: smelly one that :laughing6:
Bananas

Postby Edwardsccfc16 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Bananas wrote:

:laughing6: smelly one that :laughing6:

Ok mate, not confirmed, word is he’s come over for talks, nothing finalised, if you don’t believe me then don’t haha
Edwardsccfc16

Postby Lengee » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:14 pm

BBC reporting it. Looks like it's happening

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46863238
:thumbup:
Lengee

Postby rhblue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:16 pm

Lengee wrote:BBC reporting it. Looks like it's happening

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46863238
:thumbup:

Finally rhysdog was right :lol: :lol: :lol:
rhblue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Starting to sound like we’re finally getting somewhere.

It’s a gamble but if he scores enough goals to keep us up, then he pays for himself.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:36 pm

montyblue wrote:I think once he hear's his name been sang from the terraces he will feel ar home i doubt nantes chant his name like we would, bring him on and. Omur niasse we should be guaranteed with 2 strikers to stay up sign 1 and he will be injured 1st game but then we do have zohore on his way back for the last 5 games possibly .

Yeah like we did with Madine :roll:
He’s got to bang in a few before that sort of thing happens with the City. That’s if he signs!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby rhblue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:39 pm

He’s 3rd top goal scorer in Ligue 1, has more goals than neymar :bluescarf:
rhblue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:39 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
robbo wrote:And if we do go down we will be stuck with a mega wage to pay in the championship unless we can offload him.
Cannot see him signing if there is a relegation clause in his contract...

Why so negative like a lot of fans? The club are trying to sign a quality striker we deseperately need yet fans moaning about his wages if we go down in the championship come on ffs like lol mad mun.

1. He hopefully he will help keep us up
2. If kept we could have a quality striker to fire us back up from the championship.

And on another note would be great if we got him in so he could play against newcastle.

Agree, it always makes me laugh when all the accountants on here worry about the potential salary are players would be on.
It’s as if it’s coming out of their own pockets :laughing6:
I’m pretty sure Tan and Ken Choo have got the situation covered as they’ve learnt from a while back.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Bananas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:41 pm

He's in Asda Caerphilly!!!!
Bananas

Postby TAP_Sheep » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:53 pm

Very worried about this. £18m for a guy who's had half a season. He's on a drought now as well. Hopefully proved wrong.
TAP_Sheep

Re: UPDATED “ EMILIANO SALA ON HIS WAY TO CARDIFF CITY “

Postby rhblue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Just seen on sky sports a video of him at South Wales :bluescarf: :bluebird:
rhblue

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:05 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:Very worried about this. £18m for a guy who's had half a season. He's on a drought now as well. Hopefully proved wrong.

My thoughts exactly. And he's had like 5 pens. Never scored more than 12 goals in a season before this one.
nubbsy

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Looks like the deal is on, he's been spotted outside a renowned landmark :laughing5:
Attachments
IMG_7038.jpg
IMG_7038.jpg (404.2 KiB) Viewed 1871 times
Wolfpac

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:12 pm

Sky...

SALA IN CARDIFF

Nantes striker Emiliano Sala has flown into South Wales in the last hour for talks and a possible medical ahead of a £20m club-record transfer to Cardiff City, Sky Sports News understands.

The fee would dwarf the £11m Cardiff paid for Chilean midfielder Gary Medel in 2013.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Dahboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:12 pm

rhblue wrote:He’s 3rd top goal scorer in Ligue 1, has more goals than neymar :bluescarf:

When you look at it like that that's fairly good isn't it.
Dahboy

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:14 pm

Dahboy wrote:
rhblue wrote:He’s 3rd top goal scorer in Ligue 1, has more goals than neymar :bluescarf:

When you look at it like that that's fairly good isn't it.

It’s as good as we’re going to get!!
piledriver64

Postby Bananas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:15 pm

nubbsy wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:Very worried about this. £18m for a guy who's had half a season. He's on a drought now as well. Hopefully proved wrong.

My thoughts exactly. And he's had like 5 pens. Never scored more than 12 goals in a season before this one.

'Like 5 pens' GGGGRRRRR
Bananas

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Looks like the deal is on, he's been spotted outside a renowned landmark :laughing5:

That's it confirmed then! :laughing5:
pembroke allan

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:16 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Sky...

SALA IN CARDIFF

Nantes striker Emiliano Sala has flown into South Wales in the last hour for talks and a possible medical ahead of a £20m club-record transfer to Cardiff City, Sky Sports News understands.

The fee would dwarf the £11m Cardiff paid for Chilean midfielder Gary Medel in 2013.

Video of him on SSN at the CCS... its happening... RYDOG was a week late but he was right... :notworthy: :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Dahboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:18 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Now I'm worried 5 pens but he did put them away I suppose ;)
Dahboy

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:18 pm

20 mill is a snip if he gets the goal to guide us to safety, he would go down in Cardiff City folklore if he does.
Wolfpac

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Dahboy wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Now I'm worried 5 pens but he did put them away I suppose ;)

Shows confidence something lacking in our front lot...
pembroke allan

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat