Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: TLG - GUESS WHO HAS SIGNED ?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:38 pm

And there's me thinking sniping wasn't allowed on this forum.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:42 pm

Eddie May wrote:
NJ73 wrote:And there's me thinking sniping wasn't allowed on this forum.

those quotes are off this forum so i guess it must be ok

Oh, those are the sniping rules are they? I've often wondered what the definition of sniping in regards to these forums is.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Eddie May wrote:yea it is called trying to belittle or undermine what someone else has stated

Which is exactly what you just did :lol:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Surely Eddie is proving TLG wrong?? Is that sniping? I think you use that word more than anyone else on here!!

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:54 pm

Eddie May wrote:

those quotes are off this forum so i guess it must be ok

FFS feller!!

On a day like today. You still have the time to copy and paste other people's
quotes to try and show someone up. All you've done is show yourself up kid!

A defining day Carl rightly said

I shudder to think what went through your mind?

"YES!!!!!! TLG WAS WRONG HAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Jesus Wept!

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:54 pm

Claire wrote:

Surely Eddie is proving TLG wrong?? Is that sniping? I think you use that word more than anyone else on here!!

I hardly think so!!

Surely this whole sniping thing is highly subjective but Eddie May's comment of "Fool" would be classed as belittling by his own standards?

Or doesn't that conform?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:58 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Claire wrote:

I hardly think so!!

Surely this whole sniping thing is highly subjective but Eddie May's comment of "Fool" would be classed as belittling by his own standards?

Or doesn't that conform?

Conform to what?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Claire wrote:
Conform to what?

The consensus of what is defined as "sniping" obviously.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:02 pm

See i dont care a f**k for taking sides on who's been right and who's been
wrong with various quotes, comments or getting 'exclusives' wrong!!

Its obvious there are some who want to have a 'board war'

but to be thinking about stuff like that today, of all days?? the day we
take a huge step towards another level?

I just cant figure it out?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:12 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Claire wrote:
Conform to what?

The consensus of what is defined as "sniping" obviously.

Oh obviously, how stupid of me :roll:

Was the 'obviously' not an attempt at belittling?!

Or does that not conform?!?! :lol:

As for the consensus of the definition of sniping, I haven't actually called anyone a sniper (feel free to search my posts in case I'm wrong though) so I'm not sure what the general consensus of the definition is.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:33 am

This post isnt sniping it just shows and proves that the TLG talks utter bollocks and nows nowt about forthcoming events at CCFC and has been totally discredited as a poster now ! Yes his blogs are very good and he is also very good at writing financial info about CCFC but when is comes to being " in the know " then sorry he dont do it for me any more ! Carl and Daya spot on as always :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:51 am

HAHA Wll done mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:13 am

Vintage 63 wrote:This post isnt sniping it just shows and proves that the TLG talks utter bollocks and nows nowt about forthcoming events at CCFC and has been totally discredited as a poster now ! Yes his blogs are very good and he is also very good at writing financial info about CCFC but when is comes to being " in the know " then sorry he dont do it for me any more ! Carl and Daya spot on as always :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well said Vintage. TLG is the King of copy and paste when it comes to digging up past posts in order to belittle posters on AAMB(espiecally Carl/Annis) so why can't we have a little fun at his expense just this once.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:20 am

All easy in hindsight. Until Sunday I thought the same to be honest, it is madness!

He did also raise a good point ref Bellamy/ Ledley. So many abused Ledley for showing a lack of ambition in going to Scotland, yet Ledley isn't good enough to choose a top half Prem club, Bellamy could choose ANY club in Britain, probaby Europe, yet has chosen to play in the second division. For the record, I find it refreshing that he has done so, regardless of it being my club so to speak, just as Le Tissier's rejection of the top clubs was to stay at Southampton, but definitley a case of double standards and biasness.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:21 am

Yeah the Sugerbum fairy :lol:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:50 am

this is exactly the kind of juvenile thread that has driven me away from using this board anymore.
you are now referring back to the time when members of this board thought that vincent tan was going to invest millions on players to drive us to the premiership when in fact they were sticking to the stabilising the club plan.
with regards to craig he has been the driving force behind this move ever since he knew he was being frozen out of man city and i would add that the funding for the deal was only agreed by the malaysians on monday afternoon after initially distancing themselves from it.
so nobody has proved anybody wrong here we have just been lucky enough to have a set of circumstances where a player who loves this club and a set of owner/investors have great faith in our managers ability to get this club promoted have come together to provide us with the greatest signing seen at the club in my 44 years of supporting them.
On a day when we should be still be celebrating the remarkable goings on at our football club people are using it as an opportunity to point fingers at people for comments they made a few months previous.
Everybody on this board including myself carl and annis have got things wrong now and then regarding information from the club so nobody is perfect here.
The sad fact is that the mods of this board seem to let the instigator of these posts get away with blue murder and instead of just pulling the thread actually defend the right of this poster to snipe.

claire
i take note that you are saying that he is only proving tlg wrong but trawl back through the board and you will see that there are plenty of occassions since the boards inception where as stated above myself, annis and carl have got things wrong.
Please try and get this board back to some sort of position it was when it first started and cut out the petty squabbling between the two boards over who got what right and who got what wrong.

a good day to you all 3 more sleeps to seeing craig strut his stuff

regards

steve

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:00 am

steve davies wrote:this is exactly the kind of juvenile thread that has driven me away from using this board anymore.
you are now referring back to the time when members of this board thought that vincent tan was going to invest millions on players to drive us to the premiership when in fact they were sticking to the stabilising the club plan.
with regards to craig he has been the driving force behind this move ever since he knew he was being frozen out of man city and i would add that the funding for the deal was only agreed by the malaysians on monday afternoon after initially distancing themselves from it.
so nobody has proved anybody wrong here we have just been lucky enough to have a set of circumstances where a player who loves this club and a set of owner/investors have great faith in our managers ability to get this club promoted have come together to provide us with the greatest signing seen at the club in my 44 years of supporting them.
On a day when we should be still be celebrating the remarkable goings on at our football club people are using it as an opportunity to point fingers at people for comments they made a few months previous.
Everybody on this board including myself carl and annis have got things wrong now and then regarding information from the club so nobody is perfect here.
The sad fact is that the mods of this board seem to let the instigator of these posts get away with blue murder and instead of just pulling the thread actually defend the right of this poster to snipe.

claire
i take note that you are saying that he is only proving tlg wrong but trawl back through the board and you will see that there are plenty of occassions since the boards inception where as stated above myself, annis and carl have got things wrong.
Please try and get this board back to some sort of position it was when it first started and cut out the petty squabbling between the two boards over who got what right and who got what wrong.

regards

steve

Exactly Steve we have argued strongly on this board for months that 'circumstances' can torpedo anyone's opinion/exclusive at short notice.

However, TLG has exploited circumstances several times (remember the TG/Sam Hammam meeting? He slaughtered Carl because the meeting happened on a Wednesday and not on the previous Monday due to a 'circumstantial delay')

This thread is not juvenile; it is poetic justice in highlighting the fact that the person who exploits 'circumstances' more than anyone else and can also be a victim.

For God sake chill out, we all agree and disagree on things but just because a view is different to yours doesn't mean it’s juvenile or personal, it’s just different.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:08 am

thing is, "he" always does the cut and paste thing to big himself up, all eddie is doing the same back, but "he" goes missing at such times, but will be back out when carl/annis gets somthing not so right :roll:

"he's" the childish one!

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:13 am

I think its brilliant that posters on here who ( which btw doesnt make them any bigger a City fan than anybody else ) allegedly know things coz they have friends in high places post info which later gets proven to be incorrect or indeed total crap ! I am not having a go at posters who are told things on good faith which as we all know in the fast moving world of football can change in a matter of hours BUT the one's who make up stuff then try and convince us that this is the truth just because they live next door to Steve Borley's window cleaner or who once was a member of Sam's inner circle only to slag him off after he left !

Carl , Annis , Corky , Gwyn and Daya tell it as it is from what they regard as genuine sources of info and 99% of it does bare fruit ........plus its common knowledge that TG and VT are steadying the ship and NOT chucking millions into CCFC . I am not and never will be privvy to inside info so I can only comment on what I see and hear going on BUT I dont like being told total crap . Then again this is an open Forum and football message board so anything goes I guess ??

Anyway what I have noticed is that Bellamy is a Bluebird ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:14 am

for whatever reason Eddie May feels its his perogative to point out anything TLG doesnt get right. Thats up to him but Eddie was it not you recently calling Steve Borley a thief? I know TLG might not be everyones cup of tea but mindless posting of crap like this is pointless. The clubs at at the start of something really special here and individuals are using it to point fingers. completely pointless.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:22 am

steve davies wrote:this is exactly the kind of juvenile thread that has driven me away from using this board anymore.

claire

regards

steve

Well Steve I am surprised at your content of input here. People are entitled to their opinion but when they abuse that by being sarcastic and belittling to others then they deserve comeback. Debate things in a proper manner and threads like this dont appear, simple really. Try and be smart then make sure you get it right because if you dont you get what you deserve. That is not being sniped at that is asking for what you deserve.

I find your judgement of the moderators on this board well out of order. Without doubt this board has done a better job keeping the sniping levels down compared to other boards I visit. No board is sniper free, thats just impossible, so we have to accept certain levels. However some boards have come home for these sniper junkies and I get the impression have been made welcome there. Thanks to the moderators here that is not the case on this forum.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:39 am

[quote="Tony Blue Williams"][quote="steve davies"]this is exactly the kind of juvenile thread that has driven me away from using this board anymore.

claire

regards

steve

Exactly Steve we have argued strongly on this board for months that 'circumstances' can torpedo anyone's opinion/exclusive at short notice.

However, TLG has exploited circumstances several times (remember the TG/Sam Hammam meeting? He slaughtered Carl because the meeting happened on a Wednesday and not on the previous Monday due to a 'circumstantial delay')

This thread is not juvenile; it is poetic justice in highlighting the fact that the person who exploits 'circumstances' more than anyone else and can also be a victim.

For God sake chill out, we all agree and disagree on things but just because a view is different to yours doesn't mean it’s juvenile or personal, it’s just different

tony

the problem ive got is that tlg has no right to reply he's banned from this board.
and as for having different views perhaps you missed the slaughtering i took on here including having my wifes name bandied across the board purley because i had different views to the heirachy.
these included abusive calls all of which have been apologised for but for me put in to perspective about posting on a message board.
By all means have a dip at people if you want about previous posts but let them have their right to reply.
you cant have the penny and the bun you ban tlg for being abusive but this eddie may character can abuse people as much as he likes with no sign of censorship.

regards

steve

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:44 am

Vintage 63 wrote:I think its brilliant that posters on here who ( which btw doesnt make them any bigger a City fan than anybody else ) allegedly know things coz they have friends in high places post info which later gets proven to be incorrect or indeed total crap ! I am not having a go at posters who are told things on good faith which as we all know in the fast moving world of football can change in a matter of hours BUT the one's who make up stuff then try and convince us that this is the truth just because they live next door to Steve Borley's window cleaner or who once was a member of Sam's inner circle only to slag him off after he left !

Carl , Annis , Corky , Gwyn and Daya tell it as it is from what they regard as genuine sources of info and 99% of it does bare fruit ........plus its common knowledge that TG and VT are steadying the ship and NOT chucking millions into CCFC . I am not and never will be privvy to inside info so I can only comment on what I see and hear going on BUT I dont like being told total crap . Then again this is an open Forum and football message board so anything goes I guess ??

Anyway what I have noticed is that Bellamy is a Bluebird ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

martyn

totally agree with what your saying and as a case in point trawl back a few pages and you will see that steve is saying vt has lost interest in the football club.
im hoping he totally washes his hands of the club by christmas as we could end up with messi with a severe lack of interest :lol:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:55 am

steve davies wrote:tony

the problem ive got is that tlg has no right to reply he's banned from this board.
and as for having different views perhaps you missed the slaughtering i took on here including having my wifes name bandied across the board purley because i had different views to the heirachy.
these included abusive calls all of which have been apologised for but for me put in to perspective about posting on a message board.
By all means have a dip at people if you want about previous posts but let them have their right to reply.
you cant have the penny and the bun you ban tlg for being abusive but this eddie may character can abuse people as much as he likes with no sign of censorship.

regards

steve

Steve,

Eddie May received a ban the same time as TLG. Eddie has apologised hence why he is back.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:57 am

I honestly can't believe this thread - we've just signed Craig Bellamy for Christ's sake!

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:59 am

which Steve as there are so many of u :lol: I e-mailed TG when I heared about the rumours that VT wasnt inetersted and he told me stright that both himself and VT are here for the long haul . I could have posted that on here an no doubt questions would have been asked of me and too many posters would have dissed it as just " flannel as per Sam days from Gwyn " as a poster told me when I mentioned another TG e mail ! Id rather believe TG before anybody on here at the mo altho he gives nothing away at all :ayatollah:

yes Bob , Bellamy is a Bluebird :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:11 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:I honestly can't believe this thread - we've just signed Craig Bellamy for Christ's sake!

I think a thread like this was obvious as soon as Bellamy was signed.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:24 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
the other Bob Wilson wrote:I honestly can't believe this thread - we've just signed Craig Bellamy for Christ's sake!

I think a thread like this was obvious as soon as Bellamy was signed.

Not to me it wasn't. We have just pulled off what is, probably correctly, being described as the greatest transfer deal in our history and yet, for some, it is just being used as a points scoring exercise.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:08 am

Eddie May wrote:Deferred Appearance Money and Bonuses
by The Lone Gunman » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:21 pm

The club has allegedly asked to defer their bonuses and appearance money until the end of next season. That makes sense under the circumstances, but is it enough?

It is crystal clear that this club needs to cut its wage bill and running costs quite dramatically. That much has been blatantly obvious for many months despite all the pie-in-the-sky nonsense about signing players like Craig Bellamy. So why not ask some of the better-paid City players to take a wage cut?

Re: IT'S TIME TO DECIDE
by The Lone Gunman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
But Dave, City did go after him and Dave Jones put him at the top of his list, Steve Borleys words.

Regardlessof who said what, it was never going to happen. Common sense tells us that.

Our club's playing budget is almost certain to be cut this year. The club can't afford to pay its existing wage bill (and the taxes that go with it), never mind shell out huge sums to pay a genuine Premiership player like Bellamy. The chances of him dropping a division at this stage of his career are extremely remote. The chances of him coming to a club with a financial background like ours are zero.The Lone Gunman

Private messageE-mail The Lone Gunman

Re: IT'S TIME TO DECIDE
by The Lone Gunman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Non Starter

For Pratley, read Bellamy. That's been a non-starter since day one. Fantasy Island stuff.

is day one when carl posted this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16101&hilit=vincent+tan

looks like he was right and you were very very wrong :lol:

fool

keep up the good work carl

Big deal the guy got it wrong. Dosn't everybody from time to time?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:12 am

bondog, yes, TLG got it wrong. Very much wrong.

That, for me isn't the issue.

It was more the tone used to deride people posting information that they had received. It's something he's very much done for a long time elsewhere; whilst I don't agree with ths thread per se, it's entirely understandable it was posted.

I'd also say that I'd very much doubt TLG even gave a toss about this thread.

Maybe this thread should be locked now.