JUST SO HEART BREAKING “ EMILIANO SALA “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CONFIRMED: ‘ TERRIBLE/ SAD NEWS FRENCH AUTHORITIES SALA

Postby RV Casual » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:58 pm

LK1992 wrote:Good afternoon to everyone, a well meaning Leeds fan here. Had heard the news this morning and haven’t been able to shake it from my mind, I recalled the events at Leicester late last year and how their fans were seemingly comforted by words of support, encouragement and ultimately condolence and wanted to offer the same to you guys. With no news confirmed on Sala’s well-being, I’m sure you’ll know that everyone within the football community will be thinking of you, Nantes and Sala and praying for the best possible outcome.

I know that tensions and opinions will also fly high as they always do in these type of situations so do remember that you are all on the same side and will all be worrying and hurting in the same way today. Any supposed arguments, put to one side as best you can. I’m sure no comments will have ever been meant maliciously.

Again, my prayers are with you and Sala. Good luck for the season and best wishes for the coming days.

Kind words mate obviously from a good heart.

It's nice to know that people are thinking about us but in all honesty all love and prayers need to go to FC Nantes and the families.

You are a top man for posting that. I would post it on a Nantes forum aswell if they have such a site.

All the best.
RV Casual

Re: CONFIRMED: ‘ TERRIBLE/ SAD NEWS FRENCH AUTHORITIES SALA

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CONFIRMED:SADLY POLICE & FRENCH AVIATION CONFIRM SALA

Postby Charlie Harper » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:00 pm

I have to leave for work soon, but all im thinking about is Emiliano Sala and the pilot. My stomach is in knots and my head is pounding.

I pray to God for good news and the safe return of these 2 people :bluebird:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:07 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:I have to leave for work soon, but all im thinking about is Emiliano Sala and the pilot. My stomach is in knots and my head is pounding.

I pray to God for good news and the safe return of these 2 people :bluebird:

Last 2 weeks I've been suffering mad anxiety and high blood pressure, this news has sent me into overdrive today, I am gutted, speechless and sick to the put of my stomach, just looking at photos of him he looks such a lovely lad with a heart of gold, thoughts are with his parents family and friends :cry:
Wolfpac

Postby AnnieRoad » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:09 pm

Heartbreaking news, truly truly awful

Deepest condolences from the Red side of the Mersey,

YNWA
AnnieRoad

Postby Savigma » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:13 pm

This is up there with one of the saddest things I can remember happening, without obviously it having anything to do with my family.

I'm sure we're all in the same boat where we've been excited at the potential impact Sala would've brought to our club, and like me I'm sure alot of you would've watched countless interviews with him, goals, highlights etc, just to see what this guy's like and to somehow in a short space of time actually get to know him a little bit. I probably sound a bit daft saying it as deep as I am but IDK why but it's really really upset me this and I cried when I found out. I couldn't believe what I was reading, and it's still hard to process now.

In regards to saying to hold out hope and stuff, I completely understand it, but it's a little bit like Burton tonight, saying to hold out hope is literally just a politically correct thing which I completely appreciate, but don't really want to read it, I want to face the facts to be fair because the longer we say "missing" instead of what's pretty much guaranteed is just going to build our hope up so much that when the inevitable is confirmed we're gonna feel so much worse.

I'm just writing without thinking so I probably haven't written it as appropriately as I intended but I don't mean any ill will or anything negative or anything like that. I just want us to acknowledge what's happened, I don't know why, I just feel worse that the news are still saying "missing". I keep feeling some sort of "maybe" just "maybe" in my head when I hear that, but then I sink even lower because he's definitely not coming out of that alive. f**k sake I really really liked him.

I think I care as much as I do and I'm sure alot of you do too (especially the younger fans) most definitely saw him as this record transfer superhero who's going to change our fortunes around. It's just so devestating that this is what the situation is now. God Man he looked such a great guy and footballer and you can just tell with the fact he took his time to say goodbye yesterday that everyone respected him and was no doubt a top bloke...

As far as people commenting on the less important stuff like what happens with the 15m, and how does Cardiff react to this. To be fair to the people questioning it, It's definitely questions that are going to be asked, and as people who weren't close to the player in any way it's understandable why those questions pop up. I don't think there's any wrong or right posts here, there's more than a few reasons to be concerned, but I'm sure we're all agreed that the main reason is clearly Sala as a person, and not just a football player.
Savigma

Postby Logie » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:22 pm

Yea its strange how this has affected alot of City supporters, i mean hes not even trained or put on our shirt yet, but he was techinally one of ours.

We had all this drama to finally get it sorted and for this to happen is truely shocking, there is some hope but in my mind its 99% certain for the worse.

Dunno why its really fucked with my head, seems a solid guy aswell someone who genuinally wanted to just play football.
Logie

Postby welshrarebit » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:22 pm

They haven't even found the plane yet. Regardless of how the odds look let's not jump the gun. There are updates on the Guernsey police Twitter. They are doing all they can to find them
welshrarebit

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:36 pm

The mail report that the plane was supplied by the Chairman of Cardiff City F.C.
Otherwise no news or developments
SirJimmySchoular

Postby T1JMO » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Cardiff City statement expected soon, press waiting outside stadium

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/emiliano-sala-missing-plane-live-13890265
T1JMO

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:42 pm

I’m really struggling to come to terms with this as all of us are. Not long landed and switched my phone on to see this news and I just couldn’t quite comprehend what I was reading. It’s just heartbreaking and words can’t describe how those close to Emiliano and the Pilot are feeling right now.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby dogfound » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:45 pm

welshrarebit wrote:They haven't even found the plane yet. Regardless of how the odds look let's not jump the gun. There are updates on the Guernsey police Twitter. They are doing all they can to find them

no longer treating it as a rescue mission. and not expecting anyone to be alive.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 40006.html

really does not leave much hope.
dogfound

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:46 pm

currently crying and leaving lessons in school hope for best sala :bluescarf:
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:49 pm

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:currently crying and leaving lessons in school hope for best sala :bluescarf:

There will be many a tear shed brother for the City and Nantes faithful and all of the footballing community.

We are all praying for a miracle.
Wolfpac

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:06 pm

Warnock must be devastated by this. He personally spent a hell of a lot of time going back and forth too France to meet with Sala and he must have got to know him quite well

He might have even been on the exact same plane or something similar over the last few weeks completing the exact same journey....doesn’t bear thinking about
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Alan_in_China » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:19 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Warnock must be devastated by this. He personally spent a hell of a lot of time going back and forth too France to meet with Sala and he must have got to know him quite well

He might have even been on the exact same plane or something similar over the last few weeks completing the exact same journey....doesn’t bear thinking about

This will hit Warnock hard, to the point I don't think he'll recover from this. All that you said is probably all very true as well.
Alan_in_China

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Ken Choo on sky sports news holding back tears, absolutely devasted for everyone involved, family, friends, the club and the fans of Nantes and his other former clubs who had the chance to form a bond with him.
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby Dahboy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:36 pm

I was only last night watching a short documentary on YouTube about his childhood and his brother and mother talking.
Now to wake up to this, it's really sad.
Dahboy

Postby nojac » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:50 pm

3 weeks ago , not many of us had heard of him .
After today none of us will ever forget him .
nojac

Postby Dahboy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:02 pm

nojac wrote:3 weeks ago , not many of us had heard of him .
After today none of us will ever forget him .

Very true. People starting to leave daffodils outside the stadium :bluebird:
Dahboy

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:11 pm

Awful news :cry:
Cardiffcitymad

Postby Liles93 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:12 pm

Saw that the sea was 8-9 degrees today, which research from Minessota says is enough to stay awake for 30-60 minutes. If they managed to avoid being submerged then there's hope but otherwise I think they both likely perished. Just awful, feel so so gutted.
Liles93

Postby KWest » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:22 pm

I genuinely have felt sick about this ever since finding out, this morning. Thought my boss was taking the piss when he first told me.

I’d have had sympathy for him and his family, even if he was just a random player that I’d read about online, but this just feels different. He hadn’t had a chance to wear our shirt yet, nor to head the roar of our crowd around him, but it honestly feels like we’ve lost one of our own. Can’t even imagine how the Nantes supporters are feeling right now.

I’m hoping for the best but, at this point, any kind of miracle seems most unlikely now. Can’t believe it.
KWest

Postby fred keenor » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Guernsey police reporting still no sign at 15.30 and a decision would be made at sunset about continuing the search.
fred keenor

Postby noisycat » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:52 pm

I’m absolutely devastasted by this news, as most of those on this forum will be. I never mer ES, and probably never would have, but I was looking forward to seeing him play. My condolences go out to his and the pilots family, friends and colleagues.
noisycat

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:05 pm

16.00 and the only hope which I can cling to is that they've made it to an uninhabited island.
May God help them
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Bananas » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:14 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:16.00 and the only hope which I can cling to is that they've made it to an uninhabited island.
May God help them

That's just what I though and I'm hoping for. Please god.
Bananas

Postby Nickoblue23 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:16 pm

A fellow Bluebrird posted this and it summed up how im and im sure a lot of other bluebirds are feeling today!! We're are a family with a Bluebird connection and bigger family with a football connection!

The connection you have as a football fan with players can only be experienced, not described. You’re so invested, you share euphoric and traumatic moments with them. Their actions create or deny you some of the happiest or worst memories of your life. There is some inexplicable bond between you.

To those who don’t understand it, I can only try to explain by saying that last night, around 8pm I was driving to Gol, just around the corner from the City stadium. As happens, your mind wanders on the motorway. My thoughts on this drive were about Emiliano Sala, a man I’ve never met, didn’t know of until last month and have never seen play, but was excited for what he might do for us. Mainly, I was thinking about him coming to Cardiff, not speaking much English, not knowing anyone. About which players would help him settle, where he would live. The logistics of moving, how difficult it must be and the pressure on him because of a big fee. He has no idea, but I was thinking about him with concern and genuine feeling. Many, many Cardiff fans will have done the same.

At the very time of those thoughts, this man and his pilot were in a plane on their way to Cardiff, completely oblivious to what was about to happen.

It’s a strange feeling, having such a shocking event happen to someone you never even saw play, let alone met or knew, but had a connection with already.

It feels numbing.

I can’t pretend to imagine how those who knew him and his pilot feel, family, friends, former colleagues and even the Nantes fans.

It’s such a sad day for Cardiff City. Our club is a family and this is truly devastating. I hang on to the 1% hope of a miracle, but fear the worst. It’s a surreal feeling, I don’t pray, but if I did they would all be for Sala right now.
Nickoblue23

Postby Empty Bluebird » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:27 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:A fellow Bluebrird posted this and it summed up how im and im sure a lot of other bluebirds are feeling today!! We're are a family with a Bluebird connection and bigger family with a football connection!

The connection you have as a football fan with players can only be experienced, not described. You’re so invested, you share euphoric and traumatic moments with them. Their actions create or deny you some of the happiest or worst memories of your life. There is some inexplicable bond between you.

To those who don’t understand it, I can only try to explain by saying that last night, around 8pm I was driving to Gol, just around the corner from the City stadium. As happens, your mind wanders on the motorway. My thoughts on this drive were about Emiliano Sala, a man I’ve never met, didn’t know of until last month and have never seen play, but was excited for what he might do for us. Mainly, I was thinking about him coming to Cardiff, not speaking much English, not knowing anyone. About which players would help him settle, where he would live. The logistics of moving, how difficult it must be and the pressure on him because of a big fee. He has no idea, but I was thinking about him with concern and genuine feeling. Many, many Cardiff fans will have done the same.

At the very time of those thoughts, this man and his pilot were in a plane on their way to Cardiff, completely oblivious to what was about to happen.

It’s a strange feeling, having such a shocking event happen to someone you never even saw play, let alone met or knew, but had a connection with already.

It feels numbing.

I can’t pretend to imagine how those who knew him and his pilot feel, family, friends, former colleagues and even the Nantes fans.

It’s such a sad day for Cardiff City. Our club is a family and this is truly devastating. I hang on to the 1% hope of a miracle, but fear the worst. It’s a surreal feeling, I don’t pray, but if I did they would all be for Sala right now.

Well said Sir
Empty Bluebird

Postby BarmyArmy1927 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:39 pm

Absolutely devastated, football aside. i cant even imagine how his friends and family are feeling. praying for a miracle today, however im not expecting a positive outcome.
BarmyArmy1927

Postby T1JMO » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:53 pm

"number of floating objects found in water"

https://twitter.com/GuernseyPolice
T1JMO

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat