A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CONFIRMED: ‘ TERRIBLE/ SAD NEWS FRENCH AUTHORITIES SALA

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:42 am

Don't give up all hope just yet....

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:47 am

Guernsey Police

11.45am update

So far over 1,000sq miles have been searched by a total of five aircraft and two lifeboats. It is being co-ordinated by the Joint Emergency Services Control Centre.

There has been no trace of the aircraft.

The search is continuing.

More information as it becomes available.

A quote from Sala's parents, so sad, thoughts with them at this terrible time :cry:

Sala's parents, Horatio and Mercedes, have spoken to Argentine media after being informed of their son's plane disappearing.

Horacio Sala, speaking to Argentine radio and television from Rosario in his homeland: "I don't know anything. I'm in Argentina. I spoke to Emiliano on Sunday.

"Still nobody from Nantes has communicated with us, we are worried, desperate, this took us all by surprise.

"I don't have any information on the journey, the only thing I know is that it was a small plane.

"They are saying that the plane lost control in the channel. I don't know what could have happened. I am speechless."

My mate works in ATC near there. Says the crash was about 8 miles from the coast and at the time it was reasonably calm. Fingers and toes crossed they got out safely and are waiting for rescue.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:51 am

This is sickening, thoughts are with the family and friends of both Sala and the pilot. Reports that it took 4 attempts to get the plane off the ground.

Praying both are found safe and well

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:52 am

Folks, not the time to be bickering. People are missing and the worst case scenario is being looked at. Leave the sillyness behind and unite as one during this horrible time.

I pray for all those involved and hopefully they can be found soon.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:52 am

Please stop squabbling and pull together at this time....

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:53 am

KBK-13 wrote:This is sickening, thoughts are with the family and friends of both Sala and the pilot. Reports that it took 4 attempts to get the plane off the ground.

Source??

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Taken from @GuernseyPolice Twitter, still no trace of the plane yet:

11.45am update

So far over 1,000sq miles have been searched by a total of five aircraft and two lifeboats. It is being co-ordinated by the Joint Emergency Services Control Centre.

There has been no trace of the aircraft.

The search is continuing.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:58 am

maccydee wrote:My mate works in ATC near there. Says the crash was about 8 miles from the coast and at the time it was reasonably calm. Fingers and toes crossed they got out safely and are waiting for rescue.

So why hasn’t anything been said and why are they still looking if they know where the crash was roughly???

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:00 pm

Bananas wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:This is sickening, thoughts are with the family and friends of both Sala and the pilot. Reports that it took 4 attempts to get the plane off the ground.

Source??

It was on Twitter, so not sure how reliable, but the airport it took off from didn’t confirm or deny it

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:03 pm

Absolutely devastating news. So upsetting. Constantly updating twitter waiting for a positive outcome!

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:06 pm

Absolutely ridiculous!! :sad:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:10 pm

Devastating... Thoughts are with everyone connected to Sala especially his family!! Never give up hope!!

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:12 pm

It just shows how precious and vulnerable life is.
My thoughts are with the family and friends, of the pilot and passenger.
At this time football is very very irrelevant.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:15 pm

If they landed in the sea and surived the landing it wouldnt have taken long at all for hyperthermia to set in leading to eventual death. Those waters must have been freezing cold at this time of year. Not much hope. Truly devastating and sad news for those concerned and their families. Sickening.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:18 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
maccydee wrote:My mate works in ATC near there. Says the crash was about 8 miles from the coast and at the time it was reasonably calm. Fingers and toes crossed they got out safely and are waiting for rescue.

So why hasn’t anything been said and why are they still looking if they know where the crash was roughly???

No idea. While hope exists though.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:28 pm

Terrible news, thoughts with all family and friends. Hope a miracle happens and they are found alive.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:30 pm

Wolves fan here - Terrible news - can only imagine what you guys are feeling thoughts and prayers with the families involved.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:30 pm

Good afternoon to everyone, a well meaning Leeds fan here. Had heard the news this morning and haven’t been able to shake it from my mind, I recalled the events at Leicester late last year and how their fans were seemingly comforted by words of support, encouragement and ultimately condolence and wanted to offer the same to you guys. With no news confirmed on Sala’s well-being, I’m sure you’ll know that everyone within the football community will be thinking of you, Nantes and Sala and praying for the best possible outcome.

I know that tensions and opinions will also fly high as they always do in these type of situations so do remember that you are all on the same side and will all be worrying and hurting in the same way today. Any supposed arguments, put to one side as best you can. I’m sure no comments will have ever been meant maliciously.

Again, my prayers are with you and Sala. Good luck for the season and best wishes for the coming days.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:31 pm

'Massive search area'

The Met Office said conditions were not "too intense" at the time the aircraft went missing but had become wetter and windier later in the evening.

John Fernandez, a reporter for BBC Guernsey, said it was a difficult area to search.

"A number of search vessels are out searching the area. It's known for its strong currents - there are a number of shipwrecks," he added.

"The search area is absolutely massive at the moment. They're searching a number of different spots at the moment - they're not sure whereabouts this plane might have gone down."

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:33 pm

LK1992 wrote:Good afternoon to everyone, a well meaning Leeds fan here. Had heard the news this morning and haven’t been able to shake it from my mind, I recalled the events at Leicester late last year and how their fans were seemingly comforted by words of support, encouragement and ultimately condolence and wanted to offer the same to you guys. With no news confirmed on Sala’s well-being, I’m sure you’ll know that everyone within the football community will be thinking of you, Nantes and Sala and praying for the best possible outcome.

I know that tensions and opinions will also fly high as they always do in these type of situations so do remember that you are all on the same side and will all be worrying and hurting in the same way today. Any supposed arguments, put to one side as best you can. I’m sure no comments will have ever been meant maliciously.

Again, my prayers are with you and Sala. Good luck for the season and best wishes for the coming days.

:bluescarf: :clap:

Thanks

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:33 pm

Just simply awful awful news ..thoughts go to the family and friends of all on-board ....can only hope that they are found safe and well but reports don't seem very hopeful

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:35 pm

We need some good news guys.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:45 pm

Awful awful news, we can only hope for a miracle that both are found safe and well however unlikely it is at this stage. It can be a cruel world.

I thought an aircraft always had to had two pilots though incase one became unwell.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:45 pm

awolf wrote:Wolves fan here - Terrible news - can only imagine what you guys are feeling thoughts and prayers with the families involved.

Thank you for your kind words :ayatollah:

Re: CONFIRMED:SADLY POLICE & FRENCH AVIATION CONFIRM SALA

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:49 pm

I haven’t posted on this forum for a good few years, although I always find myself updating myself with news of Cardiff on here before anywhere else.

Obviously the news that has come out this morning is devastating, not just for the club or football, but for humanity.

But what we can do instead of squabbling with each other and constructing fake stories is to play our part as Cardiff’s “12th man” and believe. It might be hard to do so and the likely result should be considered but the least we can do is pray and believe.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:50 pm

shocking news hope a miracle happens and theyre all found safe & well but to read theyre searching 1000square km and theres no trace it doesnt look good sadly thoughts & are with there familys and friends

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:53 pm

Having witnessed the terrible events involving Leicester City and attending that match when we all conveyed our thoughts and sympathy to that club for its loss. I didnt think we would now be staring down that same barrel.
Life can be very cruel, Sala and his family were about to start a new life here in Wales, what they must be going through god only knows.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Actually can’t believe this news, so sad. Reminds me of the Leicester incident earlier in the season. Thoughts are with him and his family along with people on board the plane.