Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:28 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Fordy_90 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:Whilst im usually a posotive person i just cant see how a pilot in that plane at night, with those conditions would ever see an island. They wouldnt even of been able to see the sea. Whilst id love for them both to be found safe and well i think the police. And coastguard have way more knowledge and understanding than any of us and am sure they are doing there upmost to find them and us telling them from our armchairs what they should be doing is not fair

Nando parrado and his rugby team were missing with their plane and rescued after 2 1/2 month's in the Andes in -20° temperatures. Yes I know the terrain was different and the vast area was huge but it can happen.

I dont disagree and they should keep looking but a select few on here seem to think the rescue teams are ameteurs. Theres always a chance but i have faith in the rescuers. Wolfpac evrn said that it sounds fishy like they want sala dead. Like wtf ?

People are clutching at straws and it’s getting a bit cringe and embarrassing.
Professional search and rescue people know a lot more then you lot your not helping anybody by doing all this.

Personally I don't see how you can find those that still question and still probe for answers amongst conflicting information cringey and embarrassing, why feel embarrassed over someone else's thought process, if everyone just accepted information and ignored their impulse to question we would live in a very submissive world. People get desperate in times of desperation but with everything going on you're busy cringing at those with hope

People are right to question things.

But people on here think they’ve got the answers to things that they know nothing about. Thinking they’ve found things that highly trained professionals have missed by looking on google maps.

That's social media I'm afraid. Not only are we all expert football managers, we also appear to know more about Air Sea Rescue techniques than the experts, we are also experts in geography, aircraft, pilots, and plenty more as well as being able to advise the Coastguard on how they should be conducting their operations. On the plus side, it has been a good media source for well wishers throughout the world of football and beyond.

No it is not "social media for you". It is human nature. Trying to understand, put the pieces together and solve what ever challenge lay ahed. There is nothing wrong with that. Police, the army, paramedics and so on do rely on tips heavily. It is in their job description to sort out relevant information. It is actually vital. If they dont find it relevant, they move on. Have much bigger problems with this attitude. "The Svenism". Downgrading people thoughts and reacting to their emotions, and saying how they see things. Get of your high horse..

Yeah but the thing is what’s happening isn’t tips being given it’s dai from mountain ash having a guess after looking at google maps.

Re: GLIMMER OF HOPE?

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:30 pm

Search has ended indefinitely :shock:

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:38 pm

SALA SEARCH ENDS

The search and rescue operation to find the missing plane carrying Cardiff striker Emiliano Sala and pilot David Ibbotson has ended, say Guernsey Police.

The 28-year-old was on board a light aircraft which disappeared en route from Nantes to Wales on Monday evening.

Harbour master captain David Barker says they have been "unable to find any trace of the aircraft, the pilot or the passenger".

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:46 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Search has ended indefinitely :shock:

The actual quote was ‘we will ask ships and planes to keep a look out and remains open indefinitely

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Where can they be guys ?

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:48 pm

snoopystorm wrote:

The actual quote was ‘we will ask ships and planes to keep a look out and remains open indefinitely

Apologies if I've mis read -

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:50 pm

Ibby wrote:Where can they be guys ?

As much as I respect not giving up, it's very likely they're dead at sea. The search had to end at some point as sad as that is.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:13 pm

Sooner or later they will be discovered, at least the plane parts, they can't just disappear.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:18 pm

tonyblue wrote:
Ibby wrote:Where can they be guys ?

As much as I respect not giving up, it's very likely they're dead at sea. The search had to end at some point as sad as that is.

GLIMMER OF HOPE? was nothing in the end it seems. Its heart breaking one that has shocked the world. They will find them one day. Time to sign out and think of them both and the family

Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:52 pm

starteleven wrote:Sooner or later they will be discovered, at least the plane parts, they can't just disappear.

Sadly it’s happend many times before.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... g_aircraft

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:09 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

Apologies if I've mis read -

No apologies needed mate, we all miss parts in reading the varied amount of articles and tweets etc over the past few hours and days