Postby Igovernor » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:54 pm

Igovernor

So you want to stay in the EU?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Best one I've seen in the last week was the Mirror doing their usual scaremongering. Last week under a big headline they stated how this years Grand National was under threat because we were leaving the EU. Yesterday hidden away in the bottom corner of a page was the now customary apology saying that they were given incorrect info, and naturally enough the race was never under threat at all. I notice this is becoming quite regular, a big story about the perils of leaving, followed by a tiny apology a few days later which I guess they count on most readers not noticing. British press doing what they do best.
Steve Zodiak

Postby swilsh » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Mail, Sun, Telegraph all back leave, FT and Times backed May’s deal. There isn’t a media conspiracy against Brexit- far from it.

Morons egging on no deal fundamentally have no clue how international trade works.

I don’t necessarily think we should or even could stay in the EU anymore without serious societal consequences. But at the moment it is like people have shit the bed and are proud of their dirty sheets.
swilsh

Postby Calzaghes trainset » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:18 pm

swilsh wrote:Mail, Sun, Telegraph all back leave, FT and Times backed May’s deal. There isn’t a media conspiracy against Brexit- far from it.

Morons egging on no deal fundamentally have no clue how international trade works.

I don’t necessarily think we should or even could stay in the EU anymore without serious societal consequences. But at the moment it is like people have shit the bed and are proud of their dirty sheets.

Ok you just labelled most brexit voters “morons” please explain how you are up to date on international trade.
Calzaghes trainset

Postby Jock » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:23 pm

swilsh wrote:Mail, Sun, Telegraph all back leave, FT and Times backed May’s deal. There isn’t a media conspiracy against Brexit- far from it.

We voted to leave anything other than a clean Brexit will be a subversion of democracy. Spoke to 5 guys today in the bar , all Brexiteers, all successful in their field and all morons according to you. Despite Brexit (copyright BBC) FDI is higher in the U.K. than any other European country, our economy is stronger than any country in the EU and the EU engine Germany is on the brink of recession.
Jock

Postby Jock » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:25 pm

Calzaghes trainset wrote:

Ok you just labelled most brexit voters “morons” please explain how you are up to date on international trade.

Typically condescending Remainiac prick, thinks anyone with a different view is thick.
Jock

Postby BAMBA CREW » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:28 pm

Neither side knows what will happen yet both repeat the same arguments til their blue in the face. All the while the people in power laugh their tits off, divide and conquer and us idiots fall for it every time.
BAMBA CREW

Postby dogfound » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:35 pm

please do inform us how they work . as the remain politicians having had 2 years to spell it out have failed miserably .

FFS 2 YEARS and the main arguement is still those that voted leave are thick and did not know what they voted for.or how it works , without ever explaining.

its the old bullshit baffles brains approach , with a bunch of real dullards attempting to do the bullshiting.

btw I preferred the Dave ID.
Last edited by dogfound on Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dogfound

Postby Lengee » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Yes
Lengee

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:42 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:Neither side knows what will happen yet both repeat the same arguments til their blue in the face. All the while the people in power laugh their tits off, divide and conquer and us idiots fall for it every time.

That is why I try not to resort to insulting those who have a different view to me. We all have opinions, but as you say, nobody can say with any certainty what will happen when we leave. I voted leave and would do so again, but I have never called a remainer stupid just because they may not share my views. I can't understand why so many of them believe all leave voters must have lower intelligence levels than themselves. I am fairly confident that of the millions who want out, not all were born without a brain.
Steve Zodiak

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:09 pm

For the balance of fairness:

Tusk: What that special place in hell looks like for those who promoted Brexit, without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely".

Hunt compared the EU to a Soviet prison
Johnson said the EU was following Hitler's path
Macron called brexiters liars

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eurone ... each-other

I'd say it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
CCFCJosh75

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:21 pm

Perhaps tusks remarks show what contempt EU holds UK and always have, probably that's why EU say jump UK say how high while France ect just shrug shoulders. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:23 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:For the balance of fairness:

Tusk: What that special place in hell looks like for those who promoted Brexit, without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely".

thing is, those that promoted Brexit the hardest UKIP are not the ones in charge of it.
you would think this Tusk bloke would know that.
dogfound

Postby Capital City Slicker » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:25 pm

Twisting Tusk's words, the BBC is purely a shill for this shambolic Tory government these days :banghead:
Capital City Slicker

Postby ElyBoy1984 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:25 pm

Too much scare mongering from "remain"
I want no deal. Day 2 of "no deal", Business will take over from useless E.U. beaurocrats and things will work themselves out.
ElyBoy1984

Postby dogfound » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:37 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:Too much scare mongering from "remain"
I want no deal. Day 2 of "no deal", Business will take over from useless E.U. beaurocrats and things will work themselves out.

agree I have always thought this.
also the day after NO DEAL our politicians will still be able to talk to the EU .
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:41 pm

Capital City Slicker wrote:Twisting Tusk's words, the BBC is purely a shill for this shambolic Tory government these days :banghead:

agree, they left out ..there is no political force or effective leadership for remain..
does he not know there was an election and unlike the EU we are a democracy..
dogfound

Postby Capital City Slicker » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:45 pm

dogfound wrote: unlike the EU we are a democracy..

Are you being serious? You cannot be that stupid to believe that :lol:
Capital City Slicker

Postby maccydee » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:18 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:For the balance of fairness:

Johnson isn’t the only one who said this.

Various German politicians have said the same. “We have our reich without a drop of German blood being spilt” was one such quote.
maccydee

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:35 pm

Hello Dave

The only people with dirty sheets are likely to be French..they’ve always been a bit shy of the old soap..
rumpo kid

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:44 pm

Capital City Slicker wrote:Twisting Tusk's words, the BBC is purely a shill for this shambolic Tory government these days :banghead:

Didn't twist fact he said those words though did they? The stupidity of the man is underlined by fact he basically said the people (JOE PUBLIC) didn't have a plan when voted out mmm the plan was to get out of EU how do it is up to politicians we elect to sort out. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Capital City Slicker » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Didn't twist fact he said those words though did they? The stupidity of the man is underlined by fact he basically said the people (JOE PUBLIC) didn't have a plan when voted out mmm the plan was to get out of EU how do it is up to politicians we elect to sort out. :thumbup:

Voting for something which there wasn't a plan for :lol: Voting to make future generations poorer and giving them less opportunities :laughing5: Imagine wanting to f**k over your kids like that. They'll hate you, if you have any, in years to come :thumbright:

Still Cardiff voted overwhelmingly to remain, it's a shame the troglodytes in the valleys and provincial towns which brought us down :banghead:
Capital City Slicker

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:13 pm

swilsh wrote:But at the moment it is like people have shit the bed and are proud of their dirty sheets.

Dear Mr Swilsh,

Whilst I disagree with your sentiments entirely, I have to confess that is a wonderful turn of phrase that made me laugh out loud.

Best wishes,

A No Deal Advocating Moron

:ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby dogfound » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:20 pm

Capital City Slicker wrote:

yep its dave IQ 67.

quoting half sentences is a big tell.
Last edited by dogfound on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dogfound

Postby Capital City Slicker » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:22 pm

dogfound wrote:

yep its dave IQ 67.

Capital City Slicker

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:32 pm

Capital City Slicker wrote:It's a shame the troglodytes in the valleys and provincial towns which brought us down :banghead:

Do you ever have a moment, maybe when you're lying in bed late at night and sleep just won't come, where you just stop and think of all the anger and name-calling, think of all the hatred and vitriol and just sheer goddam bitterness that comes from your side of this divide, then look at those on the other side of the debate, who are generally pretty civil in comparison and who also, in general just seem to be that much happier and more comfortable in their own skin than those you might call comrades in this whole debacle.

Do you ever stop and think about this, when you're all alone and there is no-one to talk to but your conscience and ask "I am definitely still on the good guys' team, right?"

Just wondering?

I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:39 pm

dogfound wrote:Dave IQ 67.

That also made me laugh out loud. Twice in one thread what is the world coming to?

All I can say is thank God I'm not a millennial lefty otherwise I'd be dropping multiple emojis all other the place.

Last edited by ealing_ayatollah on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ealing_ayatollah

Postby Capital City Slicker » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:39 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Capital City Slicker wrote:It's a shame the troglodytes in the valleys and provincial towns which brought us down :banghead:

Do you ever have a moment, maybe when you lying in bed late at night and sleep just won't come, where you just stop and think of all the anger and name-calling, think of all the hatred and vitriol and just sheer goddam bitterness that comes from your side of this divide, then look at those on the other side of the debate, who are generally pretty civil
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stopped there... The leavers more civilised :lol: Hounding of MP's, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, James Goddard and that ilk, murder of Joe Cox, labelling of any dissent as 'Traitors' prominently by rags such as the Mail and Express, Brexiteer MP's constantly referencing the war and standing up to the Jerries. Yeh, more civilised :laughing5:

Your shoe size is higher than you IQ :lol: I would ask about what you think of at night but you haven't got 2 brain cells to rub together :thumbup:
Capital City Slicker

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:41 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Do you ever have a moment, maybe when you lying in bed late at night and sleep just won't come, where you just stop and think of all the anger and name-calling, think of all the hatred and vitriol and just sheer goddam bitterness that comes from your side of this divide, then look at those on the other side of the debate, who are generally pretty civil

Stopped there... The leavers more civilised :lol: Hounding of MP's, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, James Goddard and that ilk, murder of Joe Cox, labelling of any dissent as 'Traitors' prominently by rags such as the Mail and Express, Brexiteer MP's constantly referencing the war and standing up to the Jerries. Yeh, more civilised :laughing5:

Your shoe size is higher than you IQ :lol: I would ask about what you think of at night but you haven't got 2 brain cells to rub together :thumbup:

I'll take that as a no then. Thanks for clarifying. :thumbup:
ealing_ayatollah

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:54 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Why do you continually use insults which do not prove any points at all. Why not just provide factual information or just give your opinion, the same as most others are doing. Usually, those with nothing sensible to say end up saying nothing, and can only reply with verbal abuse. Your posts would have a bigger impact if they contained no insults, and if you accepted that just because not everyone shares your view, does not mean that they are less intelligent than you.
Steve Zodiak

Next

Return to General Chat