Message to Kenneth Zohore

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Message to Kenneth Zohore

Postby bluebirdredbird » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:10 am

I got a feeling this is his last chance to prove himself for the club or I fear he will be gone in the summer heres his city record 24 goals in 92 games. sorry guys but that goals/games ratio for a striker is not good enough imo. I have never been his biggest fan he did show glimpse of his talent for half a season. I hope he proves me wrong and if he does fire enough goals to keep us then I will be the first to admit im wrong. like an earlier poster said with niasse being out for the everton game that will be his best chance to show all is doubters me included that he deserves a place in our premier league squad.
bluebirdredbird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Deep Blue FC » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:13 am

bluebirdredbird wrote:I got a feeling this is his last chance to prove himself for the club or I fear he will be gone in the summer heres his city record 24 goals in 92 games. sorry guys but that goals/games ratio for a striker is not good enough imo. I have never been his biggest fan he did show glimpse of his talent for half a season. I hope he proves me wrong and if he does fire enough goals to keep us then I will be the first to admit im wrong. like an earlier poster said with niasse being out for the everton game that will be his best chance to show all is doubters me included that he deserves a place in our premier league squad.

24 goals in 92 games?

How do some people give Zohore stick, but keep saying Madine hasn't been given chances. The reason Zohore has played so many games is that he does score once and a while, so when you're thinking about dropping him he goes and scores for us.

Madine on the other hand...

0 goals in 18 games, and 9 of them have been starts. You can't keep giving someone a "run of games" if they have yet to score for the club.

I know Madine's been loaned out now, but most people I speak to say he hasn't been given a chance and that is complete balls. We all know what Zohore can do for us, without scoring his hold up play and linking up with the rest of the players around him is sometimes on par with the highest level. I don't think saying our top goal scorer 2 years ago, and one goal off top goal scorer last season, and since the top goalscorer this season is only 4 I'm sure he'll come good and be top goal scorer this season now if he builds from the last game, how people can say this is his last chance is beyond me. Like all the pundits say we don't have the best players and we haven't had the best players for 3 years, yet Zohore keeps getting top goal scorer for us (second top last season if you want to be picky).

Let's stop giving our players who WANT to be here Ultimatums all the time.
Deep Blue FC

Postby Deep Blue FC » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:20 am

Deep Blue FC wrote:
bluebirdredbird wrote:I got a feeling this is his last chance to prove himself for the club or I fear he will be gone in the summer heres his city record 24 goals in 92 games. sorry guys but that goals/games ratio for a striker is not good enough imo. I have never been his biggest fan he did show glimpse of his talent for half a season. I hope he proves me wrong and if he does fire enough goals to keep us then I will be the first to admit im wrong. like an earlier poster said with niasse being out for the everton game that will be his best chance to show all is doubters me included that he deserves a place in our premier league squad.

24 goals in 92 games?

How do some people give Zohore stick, but keep saying Madine hasn't been given chances. The reason Zohore has played so many games is that he does score once and a while, so when you're thinking about dropping him he goes and scores for us.

Madine on the other hand...

0 goals in 18 games, and 9 of them have been starts. You can't keep giving someone a "run of games" if they have yet to score for the club.

I know Madine's been loaned out now, but most people I speak to say he hasn't been given a chance and that is complete balls. We all know what Zohore can do for us, without scoring his hold up play and linking up with the rest of the players around him is sometimes on par with the highest level. I don't think saying our top goal scorer 2 years ago, and one goal off top goal scorer last season, and since the top goalscorer this season is only 4 I'm sure he'll come good and be top goal scorer this season now if he builds from the last game, how people can say this is his last chance is beyond me. Like all the pundits say we don't have the best players and we haven't had the best players for 3 years, yet Zohore keeps getting top goal scorer for us (second top last season if you want to be picky).

Let's stop giving our players who WANT to be here Ultimatums all the time.

And to extend on this, alot of people rated Kenwyne Jones for us. And he managed 17 goals in 64 appearences in the league, Jones was an experienced Premier League striker. His stats are similar to Zohore and Zohore has his best years ahead of him yet.

Zohore has got 24 goals & 11 assists in bringing his total of contributed goals to 35 in 87 appearences

Name someone who has a better combined goal & assist record currently at Cardiff?

He offers MUCH more than what alot here give him credit for. Even Kenwyne Jones only managed 2 assists in his entire career here...
Deep Blue FC

Re: Message to Ken

Postby dogfound » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:06 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Probably the only time he has been for this season. When needed I'm sure he will do a job.

Luke, well Johore has failed to do the job when needed for the last 18months.

So when do you think Johore will do the job needed?

I don't feel he failed last season, I thought he was very important in helping us go up. Probably should have got more goals but Zohore was a key member of the first team and bring players into play. I don't think teams like ours get promoted carrying players.

For me he is behind Niasse now but if he can stay fit I think he will be important for the rest of the season when called upon. Recently against United and Bournemouth I've seen more of his trademark runs. If he could get a goal no doubt that would he huge for his confidence.

yes he was important last season. how else do you get promoted with a squad probably not in the top 6 when it comes to quality. its not all about goals per game and stats ..sometimes its about having a player your opponents fear and know is capable of beating his man , they double him , or maybe another defender sensing danger might be pulled..only takes someone to be a yard from where they should be for one of ours to have that extra space to run into .
dogfound

Previous

Return to General Chat