View from the Southampton end

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby maccydee » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Wow that was awesome. Cardiff fans were so loud. Could tell the players appreciate it. Look at the celebrations after both goals.

Outplayed them today. They were shite. Had nothing really. Bamba snuffed out anything they did do.

Defence top class today. Bennet looks firmly established as a Prem player now. Peltier played well. Keeps had so little to do.

Ralls again played well. Reid off it today but still has a lovely touch and turn of pace. Plenty more from him this season.

Lastly on a negative note. Why o why do we have so many youthful fans who think they are nails? Also, why do they not watch the bloody game? They spend their time watching the opposition. Clownz.
maccydee

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: View from the Southampton end

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:59 pm

They’re the yoof mate..and it’s testosterone.
rumpo kid

Postby davejohns74 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:16 pm

coz were hard as f**k mate
davejohns74

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:31 pm

I got knocked over the seats today after the last ditch winner and was flat out on my back, with my leg (which was stuck in a seat) having bodies dropped on top of it. Some youngsters helped me up and one of them even found my coat for me in the mele that persued. Having recently turned 40, today was the first time I’ve felt old. :lol:

I’d like to thank those who helped me, you’re a credit to your families and Cardiff City Football Club. :thumbup:
103 Barmy Army

Postby maccydee » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:09 am

davejohns74 wrote:coz were hard as f**k mate

They certainly think that.

Just thought they might fancy watching the match.
maccydee

Postby jimmy_rat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:25 am

Here's their post match discussion. Good read...

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread. ... F_7uPnLcwA

Enjoy.
jimmy_rat

Postby Bluebirdaff » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:12 am

Every team has their clowns who may be giving some sort of stick back to opposition fans, doesn't mean they're not trying to enjoy the game, so shut it and enjoy the game too rather than focusing on what others are doing in comparison with you, don't forget if it was about 20-30 years ago it would be worse
Bluebirdaff

Postby maccydee » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Bluebirdaff wrote:Every team has their clowns who may be giving some sort of stick back to opposition fans, doesn't mean they're not trying to enjoy the game, so shut it and enjoy the game too rather than focusing on what others are doing in comparison with you, don't forget if it was about 20-30 years ago it would be worse

I’m all for banter with the opposition but literally it seemed like they didn’t watch the match just had eyes on the home end.

But it could well have been that coincidentally every time I looked they were looking rather than stood there bouncing like buffoons trying to goad fans into a fight they know will never happen cos of the stewards between the fans.
maccydee

Postby nubbsy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:51 pm

Agree with all in op apart from the fact we "outplayed" them. We limited them and defended well but we certainly didn't outplay them with 30% possesion.
nubbsy

Postby maccydee » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:55 pm

nubbsy wrote:Agree with all in op apart from the fact we "outplayed" them. We limited them and defended well but we certainly didn't outplay them with 30% possesion.

When we had the ball were more penetrating I think. But yeah I was carried away by being in the Southampton end and their whinging fans.

I met their Dai Hunt. Massive clown who kept talking about walking football and how Bobby Moore’s brother plays it and the fact they were off to Tenerife warm weather training soon.
maccydee

Postby Bluebirdaff » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:16 pm

Everyone was a bit too wrecked for this one you gotta remember :lol: some were unbelievably smashed especially the guy who went sliding down the mat between home and away fans when we scored the last goal but with the boys trying to start fights, it's all most part just banter if anything or there may have been a few of us who were a bit p'd off about the odd disturbance or plane gesture but who knows, we're all bluebirds at the end of the day and we all showed great support fair play to everyone who took the short trip down, sang much louder than them and I also think the sala song inspires the players to keep up with performances, worked last two games
Bluebirdaff

Postby maccydee » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:38 pm

Bluebirdaff wrote:Everyone was a bit too wrecked for this one you gotta remember :lol: some were unbelievably smashed especially the guy who went sliding down the mat between home and away fans when we scored the last goal but with the boys trying to start fights, it's all most part just banter if anything or there may have been a few of us who were a bit p'd off about the odd disturbance or plane gesture but who knows, we're all bluebirds at the end of the day and we all showed great support fair play to everyone who took the short trip down, sang much louder than them and I also think the sala song inspires the players to keep up with performances, worked last two games

Very, very loud. All I could hear. Was very proud.
maccydee

Postby nubbsy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:06 pm

maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Agree with all in op apart from the fact we "outplayed" them. We limited them and defended well but we certainly didn't outplay them with 30% possesion.

When we had the ball were more penetrating I think. But yeah I was carried away by being in the Southampton end and their whinging fans.

I met their Dai Hunt. Massive clown who kept talking about walking football and how Bobby Moore’s brother plays it and the fact they were off to Tenerife warm weather training soon.

Every club has at least one haha
nubbsy

Postby maccydee » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:39 pm

nubbsy wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Every club has at least one haha

All the fans around us hated him said he’s like it every week. One couple moving their season ticket.
maccydee

Return to General Chat