Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 pm

BLUE54 wrote:
Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:Ibby please read my post above. It may help you to understand. Imagine a car crash at that speed.

Ive read your post above. You know nothing about what speed the plane was traveling at. Your post is a contradict, because if the plane hit water at that speed it would be in a million pieces. In fact, its not. And furter it looks like from the pictures that the door is open. And still we have a pilot missing. Where did he go at that speed? Vanish into thin air?

I merely pointed out that the plane could not have entered the sea at less than 120 mph. Terminal velocity. Pure physics. That would be if it just dropped out of the sky with no propulsion. It was probably being driven at a greater speed than that. It would depend at what angle the plane entered the sea as to the amount of damage. Planes are designed to be streamlined to cut through the air to allow them to fly. As to your your question as to where Mr Ibbotson's body lies, it could be well away from the wreckage by now. Did you read about the poor man from Carmarthen who went missing off the beach in the middle of November? His body was washed up on a beach in North Devon in the middle of January. I hope they find Mr. Ibbotson's body soon.

Im not a physicist. But a plane has wings, it is capable of stand still in mid air, is it not? I think they call it a "stall".. We know nothing if it was a controlled landing (which the wreckage suggest), or if it was a crash in 120 mph, which Salas otopsy suggest. We simply have no clue. The one theory contradict the other. There is no evidence supporting your 120 mph free fall theory, because the plane is intact.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:21 pm

No. I'm afraid it cannot "stand still in mid air". To obtain lift a plane must have forward motion for the air pressure under the wing to be greater than the air pressure above the wing. That's how wings are designed and flight is achieved. Stalling means the speed the plane is travelling at is not enough to acquire lift. The plane will then fall from the sky, but as I have said several times IT WILL DROP AT A MINIMUM OF 120 MPH. That is called terminal velocity. @ 9.8m /second squared. I'm sorry to be forceful on this but it is a FACT. Any object that has a mass will obey this law. (Feathers excepted).

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:15 am

That is surprising as the plane was intact. To me it doesn’t make sense none of it. Today the pilots family was talking about in the morning he knew he was flying Sala back. So why did the original pilot pass through security and then refused to fly the plane ?

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:17 am

Nuclearblue wrote:That is surprising as the plane was intact. To me it doesn’t make sense none of it. Today the pilots family was talking about in the morning he knew he was flying Sala back. So why did the original pilot pass through security and then refused to fly the plane ?

you keep saying this but it did not happen.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:26 pm

dogfound wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:That is surprising as the plane was intact. To me it doesn’t make sense none of it. Today the pilots family was talking about in the morning he knew he was flying Sala back. So why did the original pilot pass through security and then refused to fly the plane ?

you keep saying this but it did not happen.

Who says it did not happen ?